News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

Not sure why you liked this post @Movielover. You're one of the ones bringing out my reaction. Both sides really.

Because I am enjoying the heII out of this thread seeing so many people getting their panties in a bind! seriously this site has replaced Comedy Central in my eye, gotta call out people on their bull shlt!

Edit: Gotta love how my post are being deleted. Sure shows the level of "discussion" on here, especially when the ones that are deleted are the post that prove my point.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

It's about branding and what one expects from that brand (the whole purpose of the trademark system). McDonald's acquired Chipotle, but the parent company didn't shove carnitas into their Big Macs. Amazon acquired Whole Foods but doesn't let you order their food on their website and ship it to you. !

Not to nitpick but I can't stand McDonald's and don't eat it here in the USA. But I do travel quite a bit and enjoy eating it outside of this country. you would be surprised that McDonald's around many parts of the world have food that is made to match the culture of the country Including making Big Macs with different meats and spices.
Also Amazon does let you order food online and have it delivered from their local stores now. That was the main reason for buying While foods.

Just thought I would mention that

correcaminos

I've heard he's gone a little bit "off the plot" lately...

Haven't seen his new stuff so I can't say for sure, but opinion on him seems to have really changed.
Apparently he's gotten a bit "testy" with people. I sort of get it because he was treated kind of rudely by people who didn't want science to win so to speak, but still. I haven't seen it as it's on mainstream medias and not the teaching stuff I know him from.

I know he shows up a bunch in one of the Disney shows that is on XD though.

Maeryk

Ok 6th behind the Magic Kingdom clones I'll take it? And that doesnt factor in sales? I think they'll be just fine.

That's attendance numbers'; MK, DL, TDL, Universal Japan, Tokyo Disneysea, then Epcot.

And they are just fine.. for now. But as I (and others) keep saying, they have to be looking ahead. "They'll be just fine" is why we have half a Figment ride that's languished for 15 years, and Energy for 21 years, in their current format, without an update.

Disney needs to look at the guys down the street and come up with new, and different. It's that simple. And across all the parks. Not just one or two.

Maeryk

Apparently he's gotten a bit "testy" with people. I sort of get it because he was treated kind of rudely by people who didn't want science to win so to speak, but still. I haven't seen it as it's on mainstream medias and not the teaching stuff I know him from.

I know he shows up a bunch in one of the Disney shows that is on XD though.

Saves the World went kinda off the rails from science, into social stuff. I prewatched it cause my kids wanted to. It old them to wait till they are older. There's bits that aren't science (at least not hard science) but are more sociology.

The_Jobu

That's attendance numbers'; MK, DL, TDL, Universal Japan, Tokyo Disneysea, then Epcot.

And they are just fine.. for now. But as I (and others) keep saying, they have to be looking ahead. "They'll be just fine" is why we have half a Figment ride that's languished for 15 years, and Energy for 21 years, in their current format, without an update.

Disney needs to look at the guys down the street and come up with new, and different. It's that simple. And across all the parks. Not just one or two.

What would their goal be? Become another MK clone? Try to outdo Universal Japan? They make money hand over fist with WS festivals, and in Orlando they're number 2 behind the MK, without even trying and running off 20 year old attractions. They can't adapt to a non existent problem because their numbers might suddenly, inexplicably drop.

Imagine if they actually updated those 20 year old attractions that people still love?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Your misinterpreting people who like the current theme and would prefer that it remained. It's not the old "the parks aren't a museum" line.

Current theme... Exactly what part of Futureworld East or West is Futuristic unless you're aiming for an abandoned dystopia? Care to have an Oil Embargo 73 attraction?

The_Jobu

Current theme... Exactly what part of Futureworld East or West is Futuristic unless you're aiming for an abandoned dystopia? Care to have an Oil Embargo 73 attraction?

Well, to be perfectly honest, yes, I would love to ride an Oil Embargo 73 attraction. You can push your Challenger to an empty gas station while Nixon belts out Guess Who classics and scowls.

But I think you're choosing to ignore the obvious overarching theme of man's achievements and possibilities, science-centre on steroids, etc...

Actually, abandoned dystopia would also make an awesome theme park...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
A theme park is not made better by removing its namesake component and turning it into an amusement park.

They opened the park breaking the concept Walt had drawn up. Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow from opening day was an amusement park as no one actually lived there.

sedati

The should aim high, as in one of the top 3 theme parks in the world, which they are? What failed model are you referencing? They have been, and continue to be wildly successful.
Then they probably shouldn't change a thing. Do you think Epcot would be successful if it wasn't part of Walt Disney World?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom