News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

gerarar

Premium Member
Apparently the holiday overlay is not returning this year?

Although the source of the tweet has now been deleted, and the comments suggest that the recent news dump from Disney today excluding the overlay is a sign that it's not returning.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Although the source of the tweet has now been deleted, and the comments suggest that the recent news dump from Disney today excluding the overlay is a sign that it's not returning.

IMHO the holiday tracts they chose last year were lackluster and actually detracted from the total ride experience.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Looks like it - unless it is to be announced later. The Holiday Remix isn't listed in the EPCOT highlights below.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 7.46.33 PM.png

hathawaybrowne

Looks like it - unless it is to be announced later. The Holiday Remix isn't listed in the EPCOT highlights below.

View attachment 724176

Yeah, mentioning the Glimmering Greenhouses and not the GotG Christmas overlay would make it seem that way.

I wasn’t a fan of it personally, they should have just gone with classics like Last Christmas or Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime rather than trying to do a song parody. Too much going on to hear the lyrics to Run Run Rocket.

Gran Fiesta

Good - it was a horrible soundtrack, especially for first-time riders.

Should have been a mix of what's the "normal" soundtrack + an additional 2-3 Holidays songs, not a complete overlay.
My family is what your describing. Our first time going when Guardians was open was during Christmas time in 2022. So we only experienced the ride with the "Run Run Rocket" instead of the original songs. We are going this fall to finally experience it with the original songs for the first time. Is it much better with the original songs?

What is everyone's favorite songs to ride to? I see online that September seems to be the obvious choice and I can definitely see that. Some love Conga and others hate it. What does everyone think?

Andrew25

My family is what your describing. Our first time going when Guardians was open was during Christmas time in 2022. So we only experienced the ride with the "Run Run Rocket" instead of the original songs. We are going this fall to finally experience it with the original songs for the first time. Is it much better with the original songs?

What is everyone's favorite songs to ride to? I see online that September seems to be the obvious choice and I can definitely see that. Some love Conga and others hate it. What does everyone think?

Any soundtrack in the regular list is already better than the holiday soundtrack, so I can guarantee you'll enjoy it a lot more this time lol

pdude81

Conga and September were both good IMO

DisneyCane

Are there still frequent reports of riders puking after getting off?
They really should suggest that people prone to motion sickness take Dramamine or Bromine prior to entering the queue. I took Bromine (generic) thanks to suggestions here before riding for the second time a few days ago. I didn't puke the first time last year but was REALLY wobbly after getting off and didn't feel great for several minutes. This time I still got a little motion sick sensation but not until near the end of the ride and I recovered quickly afterwards.

It's really a fun ride if you don't get motion sick.

Ayla

They really should suggest that people prone to motion sickness take Dramamine or Bromine prior to entering the queue. I took Bromine (generic) thanks to suggestions here before riding for the second time a few days ago. I didn't puke the first time last year but was REALLY wobbly after getting off and didn't feel great for several minutes. This time I still got a little motion sick sensation but not until near the end of the ride and I recovered quickly afterwards.

It's really a fun ride if you don't get motion sick.
I'll be skipping it if I ever return. It holds zero interest to me.

DonaldDoleWhip

My ride count is 16; I believe this is the number of times I've gotten each:
  • Everybody Wants to Rule the World x5
  • September x3
  • One Way or Another x3
  • Disco Inferno x2
  • Conga x2
  • I Ran x1
As for favorites, I'm officially Team Conga (so upbeat and danceable), while my least favorite is Everybody Wants to Rule the World (it feels the slowest). September also feels a little slow, but it's still funky and upbeat.

That said, they're all very good experiences.

MagicHappens1971

My ride count is 16; I believe this is the number of times I've gotten each:
  • Everybody Wants to Rule the World x5
  • September x3
  • One Way or Another x3
  • Disco Inferno x2
  • Conga x2
  • I Ran x1
As for favorites, I'm officially Team Conga (so upbeat and danceable), while my least favorite is Everybody Wants to Rule the World (it feels the slowest). September also feels a little slow, but it's still funky and upbeat.

That said, they're all very good experiences.
This is my list, I haven’t kept up with it in a while but I think I Ran or Conga would be my favorite.
IMG_1109.jpeg

mergatroid

So then now it's been open a while, has the motion sickness some get had any bearing on it's success as an addition to the park? Still seems very popular and liked and doesn't appear to have had any changes enforced to tackle the sickness like was predicted. I know some people get ill on it, just wondering whether it's still viewed a huge problem or has it kind of evened itself out with some not riding it whilst others with more tolerance enjoy it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom