Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Empress Lilly

It is not happening so far as I know.

The proposal went to DCA. That's why DCAs still is happening - they already have the plan that was originally proposed for WDW.
Are the whispers true there also exist(ed) plans to overlay RnRC with Marvel, and to create a superhero third land in that corner?

Will DLP's RnRC be Marvel themed, for their Marvel Land?

Bacon

@wdwmagic if it does happen i have the perfect pic for the front if this happens
gotg_epcot.jpg

Attachments

• gotg_epcot.jpg
    gotg_epcot.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 49

csmat99

So is WDW's tower still being considered? I thought it was safe.
I hate to say it but it's not safe. If the overlay goes well at DCA you know the idiots in Orlando would want to jump on then and green light it. And if that happens there is going to be some rioting down sunset. Unlike the poor imitation in Cali that ride is a classic and one of the best things Disney has ever done.

csmat99

TDO won't pay for it and ops can't stomach it. Aside from everything else.
So I guess same thing as Carsland? Even though was massive success TDO doesn't want to pay anything for it? What was the reasoning why DCA didn't get the same version as DHS with tower? I can't imagine it was that much more money to have the cars ride along track to get to the drop.

MagicHappens1971

So I guess same thing as Carsland? Even though was massive success TDO doesn't want to pay anything for it? What was the reasoning why DCA didn't get the same version as DHS with tower? I can't imagine it was that much more money to have the cars ride along track to get to the drop.
DHS can't afford for Tower to be down as long as it would take for the layover. And as stated, TDO won't pay for it, and I'm thankful for that.

csmat99

DHS can't afford for Tower to be down as long as it would take for the layover. And as stated, TDO won't pay for it, and I'm thankful for that.
I'm very thankful as well. My concern is TDO has shown no leadership whatsoever to the point Anaheim basically said we aren't working with them anymore. Nothing will get better until all the leadership at TDO is gone. They will always choose the cheap way. They are like the person who would buy used tires to save a few bucks regardless if they are safe or not. I used to go to WDW at least twice a year from 90's until 2009 then I had enough. Since then I have spent my money for Disneyland/DCA.

NovaCiteJourneys

If they are working in there now they are probably preparing something for the Food and Wine festival. Various changes have been made to the pavilion over the years to accommodate festivals.
Thats what I thought at first, but that is unlikely considering Food and Wine is so close and about half of it is still there. Plus that space is almost ALWAYS used for storage.

lazyboy97o

Then they don't know how to read contracts. Don't know what to tell you.

Even just to consider the Jim Hill comment: When have you ever heard of terms of a contract being applied to an event that is outside of the terms of the contract? Its not something that can happen, legally. The contract terms are what they are, they can't be amended after the fact, unless both sides agree to re-negotiate those terms. If GotG (or any other character(s)) is free for Disney to use at the time of 'shrinkage' as defined by the contract, then they are free to use. They can't be available and then taken away. It doesn't work like that.
Licensing deals are very much concerned with public perception. Neither Universal nor Marvel would benefit from there only being one, decades old proper use of the characters. Style guides get updated and no specific issue is named as the only applicable reference.

ToTBellHop

Also, if they announce and commence construction on a GotG ride at Epcot, I highly doubt they will build another at DHS. Even if they wanted to with DHS being a construction zone through the end of this decade.

AndyMagic

Also, if they announce and commence construction on a GotG ride at Epcot, I highly doubt they will build another at DHS. Even if they wanted to with DHS being a construction zone through the end of this decade.

Well the takeaway after 136 pages of this is that Disney Parks are essentially a group of rudderless cargo ships lost at sea with a random assortment of intellectual properties scattered aboard that may or may not be made into attractions at some point. Locations are to be chosen through the use of a dart and an outdated Google Street View print-out on the wall of a boardroom somewhere. Trying to apply reason or logic to where something will go or what will be built is, at this point, a fools errand for anyone other than the best insiders around here and even they would probably tell you that current plans on the table are subject to change based on how drunk Iger is when he throws the dart.

As a reminder, an actual human being who designed an upcoming attraction explained the setting of a rehashed Hotel ride building as "a kind of... warehouse... fortress... power plant where a collector keeps objects." At this point, ANYTHING is possible including a 5th gate containing only themed toilets and refillable mug stations.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Well the takeaway after 136 pages of this is that Disney Parks are essentially a group of rudderless cargo ships lost at sea with a random assortment of intellectual properties scattered aboard that may or may not be made into attractions at some point. Locations are to be chosen through the use of a dart and an outdated Google Street View print-out on the wall of a boardroom somewhere. Trying to apply reason or logic to where something will go or what will be built is, at this point, a fools errand for anyone other than the best insiders around here and even they would probably tell you that current plans on the table are subject to change based on how drunk Iger is when he throws the dart.

As a reminder, an actual human being who designed an upcoming attraction explained the setting of a rehashed Hotel ride building as "a kind of... warehouse... fortress... power plant where a collector keeps objects." At this point, ANYTHING is possible including a 5th gate containing only themed toilets and refillable mug stations.
This is too perfect for me, had to add to signature :hilarious::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom