Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

Getting very tired of people desperate for a new ride will take anything anywhere. The theming of lands, feeling like you were absorbed in the experience of the new attraction, where it belonged is what I miss most. I give up. Put anything anywhere. The people will love it.

aladdin2007

Getting very tired of people desperate for a new ride will take anything anywhere. The theming of lands, feeling like you were absorbed in the experience of the new attraction, where it belonged is what I miss most. I give up. Put anything anywhere. The people will love it.

I def agree with that, it does feel that way doesn't it. They use to be masters at that sort of thing, anymore its whatever is easier and no one cares.

Lee

Adventurer
Some people have earned more respect for their opinions then others.
True.

Frozen in Norway is more defensible then GotG in Future World, I think.
Debatable, but if so....barely.

In what way could Guardians possibly enhance the theme of Epcot? They need to establish an official "direction" to this park before they start throwing in random IP's that don't fit the existing park's theme. Where has the coherency gone?!?!?
Yes.
Why are people so willing to destroy Epcot? I find it odd and troubling. Perhaps it's the result of them being "Disney" fans rather than Disney park fans.

Rodan75

Okay I didn't mean to get us sidetracked. The negativity on here is just unbearable. I guess it's the price to pay for good scoops.

Yeah...you just have to filter out the emotion with some posters. Tons of good information, insight and opinion on here, but you have to sift through a fair amount of negativity, emotion and bias to see it. It's sometimes hard not to get caught up in the fervor of the moment.

Alejandro

Actually. The idea of GotG in Energy is not horrendous.
Think about it, the way they did Zandar in the movie was amazing, a clean environment, with amazing architecture and all races living together.
A Civilization that advanced should teach us something about smart energy management, so with some smarts the IP can retain the energy and conservation educational part (as long as it's not narrated by Groot).
Let's also face it that the old Energy was basically a glorification of fossil fuels (with some smatterings of solar and wind) and now we are at a stage where alternative sources are what's making waves so to speak.
So I guess it all depends on how they tell the story.
If it's straight up movie promos, it will be disappointing, but I'll wait and hold judgement.

phi2134

A tiny bit, although then it would be clear that the GotG theming was simply a marketing matter, and not necessary to the attraction, other than in getting its budget approved.
True...I never really liked Ellen in UOE , but i loved Bill in it. I consider them a part of theming, albeit their theming is being a celebrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom