News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Imagineer777

And its reasons like this that Disney will keep pumping IP's in to the parks. If it's a quality attraction, there shouldn't be any distain for IP, ever. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_endgame

Reviews for this movie are insanly positive. This will fuel MarvelLand at DCA and probably another allowed Marvel IP somewhere in WDW proper.

I agree with this, and in my opinion, the GOTG coaster seems like the most promising Marvel attraction yet since it's pretty much built from scratch. I made a chart listing which characters can be used at either Universal or WDW, there's a surprisingly nice roster for WDW!

Rich Brownn

Not to get off topic but these superhero movies are beyond boring and uninteresting to me. The plots are all the same, bad guys are beaten by good guys, some have super powers and the world is saved... these movies are as creative as WDI these days.
One of the great things about Marvel's is that they aren't all the same. Some are superhero movies. Some are more of a heist film. Some are buddy comedies. They have a lot of fun using different genres wrapped up in a superhero film.

jt04

That’s so last week.

Well you have to admit the conversation has come a long way from the days of some claiming Marvel would never have a presence inside a WDW theme park.

I'm sure they will now say they meant the main ride buildings would be outside the berms. So technically correct. 😜

Imagineer777

Interesting.
I was very surprised to see that a bunch of characters that have become household names like Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Widow, and Thanos could be used at WDW! I'm still holding out hope that while Disneyland's Marvel Land focuses on the Earth-based MCU, the WDW Marvel Super Hero Attractions could focus on the Cosmic-side of the MCU.. 🤞

rle4lunch

I was very surprised to see that a bunch of characters that have become household names like Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Widow, and Thanos could be used at WDW! I'm still holding out hope that while Disneyland's Marvel Land focuses on the Earth-based MCU, the WDW Marvel Super Hero Attractions could focus on the Cosmic-side of the MCU.. 🤞

I think Dr. Strange could be a fun addition, different dimensions and all. But Disney will go with Captain Marvel due to the PC police owning them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree with this, and in my opinion, the GOTG coaster seems like the most promising Marvel attraction yet since it's pretty much built from scratch. I made a chart listing which characters can be used at either Universal or WDW, there's a surprisingly nice roster for WDW! View attachment 367219View attachment 367220View attachment 367221View attachment 367222

I would disagree with some of those. Characters like Blackwidow and Hawkeye very likely fall into one of the families that Universal has the rights to, for example The Avengers.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not to get off topic but these superhero movies are beyond boring and uninteresting to me. The plots are all the same, bad guys are beaten by good guys, some have super powers and the world is saved... these movies are as creative as WDI these days.

Based on your description I have to assume you haven't actually seen a lot of the recent Marvel movies since they quite often break that mold.

rreading

Was just on the Disney website and they have a introductory page "The Power of Magic" in which they describe the new additions to the parks and a summary line about each of the parks.

For Epcot, they are to "take you family on a journey where all that's real is made fantastic".

Wonder how reality-based GotG will be?

edit: Suppose that Frozen Ever After" isn't that real either

Imagineer777

Was just on the Disney website and they have a introductory page "The Power of Magic" in which they describe the new additions to the parks and a summary line about each of the parks.

For Epcot, they are to "take you family on a journey where all that's real is made fantastic".

Wonder how reality-based GotG will be?

edit: Suppose that Frozen Ever After" isn't that real either
For me, a neat part of the MCU is how there's pretty much always some sort of connection to reality, even with the more cosmic heroes (Peter's Walkman and Awesome Mix, Captain Marvel's roots as an Air Force pilot, Thor picking up a sense of humor, etc). I'm guessing that in the case of the GOTG Coaster that it might feature Peter's memories of EPCOT Center as a kid, I hope that we'll hear more story details soon!

Incomudro

The Marvel movies are getting played out to me too.
One of my son's is really into them and has been following them for perhaps 10 years, or whenever they started.
I enjoy some of them - Thor Ragnorock was fun - but otherwise I'm merely ok with them.
I do love Guardians though, and even though they are part of Marvel - they stand alone.

Surferboy567

The Marvel movies are getting played out to me too.
One of my son's is really into them and has been following them for perhaps 10 years, or whenever they started.
I enjoy some of them - Thor Ragnorock was fun - but otherwise I'm merely ok with them.
I do love Guardians though, and even though they are part of Marvel - they stand alone.

I understand where you are coming from but Marvel...I really don't see getting old at least for me. I've grown so attached to these characters and it is truly for me one of the best (if not the best universe put to film) only Star Wars gives it a run for it's money, I really don't know which of those two franchise I enjoy more and this is coming from a crazy fan of both. I really wish they would give Marvel the galaxy's edge treatment granted that would be hard since they don't have most of the rights. I am so beyond excited for Endgame it is incredible my anticipation for tomorrow night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom