News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

What is meant by a "Drift" Coaster. Looking at youtube all I could find was this

There was a design by Premier (and Maurer I believe) that had the ability to swing the rear out (or drift) in turns. Premier was supposed to build one in Dubai named F1X but that never happened. The track is still sitting in a construction area 6 years later. One of the prototypes below\/
iaapa10-premierrides003_th.jpg

Then there was another design by Mack that allowed each car to be individually controlled (E-Motion system), https://rcdb.com/8415.htm . I would guess the new GotG coaster will be similar to this, but made by Vekoma instead.

What you found (I did a while back as well) there is some weird design that I would never expect to see in any Disney park.

trainplane3

merely conjecture, correct?
not aware the ride system had yet been confirmed officially or unofficially
I was going off of what was mentioned in the last couple pages. @marni1971 said the ride system wasn't anything huge and revolutionary, so I'm running out of guesses.

But yes, as always I'm just guessing since I'm not in the know. I guess I'm just trying to put some logic behind my guesses instead of screaming something like "we're getting a 4D coaster".

I mean....

Unless we're getting a 4D coaster.

smile

I was going off of what was mentioned in the last couple pages. @marni1971 said the ride system wasn't anything huge and revolutionary, so I'm running out of guesses.

But yes, as always I'm just guessing since I'm not in the know. I guess I'm just trying to put some logic behind my guesses instead of screaming something like "we're getting a 4D coaster".

I mean....

Unless we're getting a 4D coaster.

kay... just makin sure

a true 4d tho, not a free spin...
... jeez, imagine a true 4d with proper theming - that'd be something.

nobody's got the guts for that - heck, nobody's got the guts for one without either :(

trainplane3

kay... just makin sure

a true 4d tho, not a free spin...
... jeez, imagine a true 4d with proper theming - that'd be something.

nobody's got the guts for that - heck, nobody's got the guts for one without either :(
Oh I understand. I should lay off the guesses since sometimes people may take them for fact.

And yes, none of those crummy free spins. How about some more Arrow Dynamics bank breakers? Oh wait, S&S Arrow. Er, S&S Sansei?

smile

Oh I understand. I should lay off the guesses since sometimes people may take them for fact.

And yes, none of those crummy free spins. How about some more Arrow Dynamics bank breakers? Oh wait, S&S Arrow. Er, S&S Sansei?

hah yeah s&s sansei technologies...
and, could be wrong, but i believe 4d is still on the order form, bless em!
:happy:

trainplane3

hah yeah s&s sansei technologies...
and, could be wrong, but i believe 4d is still on the order form, bless em!
:happy:
Yep, you're right! http://engineeringexcitement.com/rides/4th-dimension/
They worked all the kinks out from X but I'm sure it didn't leave a good mark on the industry. I will credit them with going with a "super simple" pair of rails and some gears to control the spin rather then some computer setup (which probably would've been even more of a nightmare back then!).

smile

Yep, you're right! http://engineeringexcitement.com/rides/4th-dimension/
They worked all the kinks out from X but I'm sure it didn't leave a good mark on the industry. I will credit them with going with a "super simple" pair of rails and some gears to control the spin rather then some computer setup (which probably would've been even more of a nightmare back then!).

a magnificent contraption, that x - saddens me there's only two... :bored:
but all good things to mr. schilke, who's still going strong as ever
:D

and while certainly rough going at first, the model has settled into a fairly nice groove since - and she's almost 16

wing, flying, invert all at once! ... or, at least in rapid succession lol
- sooo many things can be done, but sadly we'll likely never see it fully utilized
... most disorientating coaster experience imaginable - in the best way :cool:

trainplane3

a magnificent contraption, that x - saddens me there's only two... :bored:
but all good things to mr. schilke, who's still going strong as ever
:D

and while certainly rough going at first, the model has settled into a fairly nice groove since - and she's almost 16

wing, flying, invert all at once! ... or, at least in rapid succession lol
- sooo many things can be done, but sadly we'll likely never see it fully utilized
... most disorientating coaster experience imaginable - in the best way :cool:
Actually 3 4th dimensions are out there. X2, Eejanaika, and Dinoconda, in order from oldest to newest.

smile

Actually 3 4th dimensions are out there. X2, Eejanaika, and Dinoconda, in order from oldest to newest.

true true - yes, thanks - ...
always remembered sfmm and fuji-q, but totally forgot that dino park existed and that their 4d is only five and built completely post-arrow

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Extremely!

I agree rebadging at DHS would have been fine with me. This just annoys the snot out of me much like Frozen does. If they have absolutely no connection with future world and just a GotG ride, I will be very disappointed.

The trick is to set your standards lower. Expect pure garbage. Then when you get there you wont be disappointed to find that the attraction is in fact pure garbage and exactly as you imagined it would be; the opposite of what you envisioned. See?

shortstop

The trick is to set your standards lower. Expect pure garbage. Then when you get there you wont be disappointed to find that the attraction is in fact pure garbage and exactly as you imagined it would be; the opposite of what you envisioned. See?
That exactly describes my experience with GOTG:MB at DCA, except it still managed to disappoint me anyways.

erasure fan1

Wasn't the entire point of EPCOT that it WASN'T just "More Disney"?! It really annoys me how EPCOT is becoming IP-COT...you could probably make the argument its happening to all of WDW.
Well from Disneys short sided standpoint, the magic kingdom is the most popular park, so why not extend that everywhere. Thematic integrity was tossed in the trash a long time ago, so this is the kind of thing we can look forward to from now on. Its just a matter of time before spaceship earth gets deathstar escape or whatever IP of the moment they need to shoe horn in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom