Guardian's CM's Shout Out

NelsonRD

No one said this.

Sometimes the answer is just no. End.

Edited to add: if not getting their way on an empty seat ruined their entire experience, they have way bigger issues.

Your right, nobody used the word "ban", it was a figure of speech. I do recall reading; F that guy, being called names, suggesting to put their face all over the web, attacking his character as entitled, lacking common sense, and the most offensive of all - being called “Katiebug 2.0”.

More importantly, incorrectly claiming the CM’s maintained efficiency, when in reality they reduced it.

Look at this from more of a human effectiveness perspective opposed to robotic rules and regulations outlook. I don’t endorse blatant disregard for rules and believe we live in a society, but I think the best outcome here was to let it go, and not provoke a situation.

I am sorry, but I kind of felt for this guy a little bit. He didn't handle it properly, but I don't think the CM's help the matter either.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Your right, nobody used the word "ban", it was a figure of speech. I do recall reading; F that guy, being called names, suggesting to put their face all over the web, attacking his character as entitled, lacking common sense, and the most offensive of all - being called “Katiebug 2.0”.

More importantly, incorrectly claiming the CM’s maintained efficiency, when in reality they reduced it.

Look at this from more of a human effectiveness perspective opposed to robotic rules and regulations outlook. I don’t endorse blatant disregard for rules and believe we live in a society, but I think the best outcome here was to let it go, and not provoke a situation.

I am sorry, but I kind of felt for this guy a little bit. He didn't handle it properly, but I don't think the CM's help the matter either.
let it go GIF

Doug Means

Original Poster

I'm not saying I disagree with you about the CM's not handling it right either. My son who was a CM for just long enough to understand the things people say and the CM's side of it was trying to calm the situation as much as possible, but was understanding what the CM's were doing. The guy waited until the last second to start his rant. It kind of caught everyone off guard. When he was a CM, he said the things people would say to him and his co-workers were just crazy and they would just lie. He worked in parking at HS and did both tram work and parking ticket booths. Just the things people would say and do was incredible. So, in this case, I'm siding with the CM's who are just trying to do their job the best they can, in most cases. There are so many ways to get disney pics of just your family, than trying to bully some young kid trying to live a dream.

OceanBlue

It’s guardians of the galaxy, LL sells out at i think $17 a seat and the virtual que is gone everyday twice a day. Asking for an empty seat on this ride that’s been open one month is not realistic. Any other ride they probably would have been fine with it is my guess.

Married5Times

Any other ride they probably would have been fine with it is my guess.
and close to any other ride I'd still take issue with it.

if people are waiting do not inconvenience them by adding to their wait times.........if even for a super short difference in total queue time.

there was a thread many months back where I learned Tower of Terror guests were given their own elevator because they were newlyweds even though there were many guests waiting. Yes, I had a problem with that.

Club Cooloholic

I am sorry, but I kind of felt for this guy a little bit. He didn't handle it properly, but I don't think the CM's hel
1657560488607.png

Seriously though, this guy and his family made the poor kid who was going to ride with them feel bad for no reason and it was super selfish.... CMs did the right thing.

Last edited:

NelsonRD

View attachment 652467
Seriously though, this guy and his family made the poor kid who was going to ride with them feel bad for no reason and it was super selfish.... CMs did the right thing.

This is what should be debated. This is a better argument than efficiency, or following the rules without bending them a little. If this was a single rider, who had to wait for the next train, leaving one empty seat, I would have still sided with the guest in the interest of keeping things civil. Just like when somebody cuts me off while driving, its not worth it, as I try to avoid unnecessary confrontation.

However, after reflecting, the original posters family had a stronger case. It would have been unfair to wait for their remaining party to arrive at the unload station.

Br0ckford

I am struggling to see what the issue is. The CM should have clearly sent the train with one empty seat, and everybody would have been happy. I understand filling capacity, but this reward wasn't worth the risk in my opinion, to cause additional delays, anger guests, and involve multiple CMs. They most likely didn't know how many people would be in the photo, and if they wanted a photo of just them, so be it.
This is how you get entitled guests. It would never stop.

NelsonRD

As far as I'm concerned, it's practically sinful to send out ANY coaster with empty seats as long as there's a line of people waiting to ride it.

You want ERT? Join ACE. Even better, rent out the park for you and your family.

You are a little late to the roast. I have already conceded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom