Grumpy to Happy

WDW!

Original Poster
Do you have a moment that a family member is grumpy but a CM does something to make them happy?
One day I had a really grumpy teenager & a CM at EPCOT noticed the "attitude". He had her stand with him for a few minutes to give out Mickey stickers. It worked! She turned from grumpy to happy & the day was awesome!

Baldy

Do you have a moment that a family member is grumpy but a CM does something to make them happy?
One day I had a really grumpy teenager & a CM at EPCOT noticed the "attitude". He had her stand with him for a few minutes to give out Mickey stickers. It worked! She turned from grumpy to happy & the day was awesome!
Where is this CM? I have definitely have a grumpy teen. That would totally work for him (he secretly loves little kids).

wdwmomof3

Well yes I do have a story. On our last vacation my husband was supposed to meet us for dinner at 1900 Park Fare however he got onto the wrong Monorail. We tracked him on Find my iPhone and he was circling Bay Lake. :rolleyes: After several text messages he finally got what we were saying and made it to the resort on time, however he was in a very GRUMPY mood when he arrived! He really didn't talk much until I made him get his picture with the Step Mother. :D It was hilarious and it turned his frown upside down. :)

prfctlyximprct

I must admit I was grumpy at one time! Oh shocker!! It happens to the best of us!

My friend and I had planned to watch wishes at the Polynesian after we had a wonderful dinner at Kona. Turns out, Mother Nature did not like these plans and started her relentless rainfall. Torrential downpour. My friend and I were staying at POFQ and reallllllly didn't want to trek out in the storm. We had already worn our ponchos quite a few times that trip!

We eventually decided that this was our much anticipated and planned disney vacation, we weren't gonna let a little weather hold us back. We jumped over puzzles and made it to the bus stop to hop on a magic kingdom bus. We were the ONLY ones waiting for a bus. Everyone was warm and dry in their hotel rooms.. But not us!

The bus driver pulls up and questions us, "are you seriously going to magic kingdom in this?" We tell him our predictament and he tells us to hold on. He calls someone, maybe his manager? and asks if he can drop us off at the poly. They tell him yes and we get door to door service! We couldn't believe our luck! It turned a grey situation bright. To this day, I'm so thankful for bus driver Ron! We were able to still look presentable at dinner.. And had the best time! I'm so happy we didn't cancel our ADRs! I would have never tried a Lapu Lapu! Thanks Ron!!!

disneyfirstLJ

On our first visit last year my 10 year old "tween" daughter had a bit of an internal melt down when her magic band didn't work (3 times) when trying to enter Epcot. The cast member was able to fix this with the use of an iPad but my daughter was still upset. We sat on a bench in hopes she would calm down but that wasn't working. We walked over to Starbucks and I bought her favorite Vanilla Frap (trying to get her to smile). I handed her the camera to hold while in line and she took a picture of something, the Mickey milk in the cooler in the line. Funny but it can be the little things! Good 'ole Mickey on a milk carton. She was smiling and talking up a storm the rest of the day.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We were waiting in line to see Mickey at Magic Kingdom this last Sunday.. a little boy's brother pushed him and he started crying like crazy! the cast member who was in charge of the door to see mickey pulled a mickey mouse sticker out of his pocket and asked the little boy "Would you like a sticker?" and the boy instantly stopped crying and smiled because he got a sticker!

This was both very funny.. Yet definitely a sense of spoiling the kid at the same time.

Killnme

We were switching out and renewing our annual passes when they were switching them from paper tickets to the ones we have now, over in that one building in EPCOT (where they had the craft beer this past F&W Festival). Our 8 yr. old was bored and sitting over on the side b/c she thought the process was taking too long. A CM named James started talking with her and then gave her a go to the straight of the head of the line pass ( or something). All I know is she smiled the rest of the night and we rode Soarin again. To this day anytime we pass the building she always talks about James.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom