GRRRRRRR!!!!!! Haunted Manison News

dizneyfreak

Original Poster
Jennifer Tilly talked to TV Guide about her role in Disney's The Haunted Mansion. "When you go into the ride [at Disney], there's a gypsy fortune teller's head in a crystal ball, saying, 'Go back, Go back!' You know, Madame Liotta. That's gonna be me!

"I'm Eddie Murphy's sidekick in the movie," she adds. "He carries my head around, and I get bossy with him. I have lots of hair, I'm a smart ______, and I'm very cryptic. I know all, I see all... If the movie's really successful, Disney's gonna revamp the ride and I'll be the head in the ball at the beginning of it! They're gonna totally update it."

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi?newsid1046696570,11788,

I swear, if they revamp the Haunted Mansion I'll :hurl: :hurl:
:fork:

TURKEY

I really and truely doubt that this is true. Yes, it may get updated (the effects are getting old), but I am almost positive that Disney Imagineers would not tell any actress, much less Jennifer Tilly about the plans for any changes.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by dizneyfreak
Jennifer Tilly talked to TV Guide about her role in Disney's The Haunted Mansion. "When you go into the ride [at Disney], there's a gypsy fortune teller's head in a crystal ball, saying, 'Go back, Go back!' You know, Madame Liotta. That's gonna be me!

"I'm Eddie Murphy's sidekick in the movie," she adds. "He carries my head around, and I get bossy with him. I have lots of hair, I'm a smart ______, and I'm very cryptic. I know all, I see all... If the movie's really successful, Disney's gonna revamp the ride and I'll be the head in the ball at the beginning of it! They're gonna totally update it."

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi?newsid1046696570,11788,

I swear, if they revamp the Haunted Mansion I'll :hurl: :hurl:
:fork:

Maybe you should post this in the movie section of the discussion forum. I must agree with turkey leg boy. By the way, does anyone have a photo of Jennifer Tilly that they could post????? I'd like to see what she looks like to see if she'd look like a good Leota. Thanks!!!:D

castlecake2.0

IF THEY DO (waves angry fist)

I seriously doubt that they replace Mme. Leota's head. Hopefull Disney is smart enough not to do this.

DISNEY PLEASE DONT MESS WITH MY FAVOURITE RIDE:fork:

-Tyler:king:

DisneyWonders07

Here's a picture of Jennifer Tilly that I found at IMDb.com, hope this helps!:)

12m.jpg

Main Street USA

This revamp rumor ranks right up there with evry other load of crap I've ever heard. What a freakin' joke. I think she forgot to say "I wish they would" before the rest of her sentence.

On top of that, she knows jack about the ride, which is sad because she's in the damn movie. Madamme Leota NEVER, not once, says "go back."

:rolleyes: pathetic, pathetic, pathetic (false, false, false)

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by NowInc
...assuming of course the movie does well....which it wont :D

I have a feeling you are right with this one. Disney is great at taking movies with potential and turning them to crap. Even if the movie does well...I don't see this happening at all. There is no reason for them to.

HMGhost13

we ALL know what happened with Figment right? well, if this does hapen...imagine, if you may, it being 100x worse. this was the last ride disney ahd any influence on...they've already killed CoP...why not take the much loved HM as well...*spits on this movie*

Main Street USA

I don't think we should confuse this false rumor with the movie. There's no doubt in my mind that the movie will be cheesy, but I'll like it nonetheless, simply because of it's subject matter.

Heck, I like the made for TV movie about the Tower of Terror.:D

pheneix

A lot of the rumors about a Haunted Mansion rehab stem from the fact that Eddie Murphy is starring in this movie, and he has a reputation of being "demanding," so to speak.

That's not to say that some marketing team isn't coming up with some kind of tie-in though, because it all boils down to "synergy."

I'm more worried about what will happen to the Haunted Mansion when this movie bombs that what would happen if the film were ever to become a success.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by pheneix
A lot of the rumors about a Haunted Mansion rehab stem from the fact that Eddie Murphy is starring in this movie, and he has a reputation of being "demanding," so to speak.

That's not to say that some marketing team isn't coming up with some kind of tie-in though, because it all boils down to "synergy."

I'm more worried about what will happen to the Haunted Mansion when this movie bombs that what would happen if the film were ever to become a success.

I think people will like the ride regardless to what happens to this movie. People still go to CBJ and that movie bombed. As long as there is no tie in...it should be fine.

orangefan15

Yeah right! I don't see an iota of truth in this "rumor"....

Disney would certainly not (I hope) change a major ride like HM based on some movie that will most likely bomb.

Dizknee_Phreek

well, notice she didn't say WHICH Disney...or did she? if not, she could've been refering to Disneyland (heck, the seem to like messing around with their HM with the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, so why not?) i actually wouldn't put it past Disney to do this, but whether or not they will, i just have no clue. i won't believe it until i see an official press release. and i really don't believe it since SHE'S the one who said it...if Disney was really thinking of this, why would they tell her exactly? and wouldn't they make her sign an agreement to keep it hush-hush?
*shrugs* i dunno...personally i'm not too worried about it at the moment. don't get me wrong, i love the one they have now, but if this does happen, i don't see how it would mess up the attraction TOO badly....sure, the crystal ball just wouldn't have the same effect, but the rest of the ride would still be the same (that we know of anyway, i suppose)

JLW11Hi

I dont think the Imagineers would ever alow this to happen. What would be the point in continuing madame "Leota" if they changed the woman who played her in the first place?

By the way...I wouldnt mind an update to the HM. I rode the Haunted mansion Holiday at DL and it was awesome...I hope WDW gets a holiday version soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom