Ground Transportation Question

foldmama

Hi All: I am traveling to WDW the first week of December. I am staying at CB on a package deal. I saved about $150 purchasing the room and ticket together. A friend of mine that is very cash poor (single women who purchased her own home a few years ago and cares for her mom) is going to come for a few days. I will be utilizing Magical Express but was told she is not entitled because I have not purchased the package for her. She is only coming for 3.5 days and does not need the 8 day pass that will expire. I honestly do not want to increase the cost of the room because I am paying the full cost. I have been told by WDW that there is no way she can have access to Magical Express. I have been told by two CM's that there is no problem in having her stay in my room for no additional cost. My question is, I have not been able to find a van service on the web for her to utilize. The only thing I can find is a taxi. I have also called Mears and they no longer sell tickets because they assume everyone can use Magical Express. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any other van services? I know that a taxi will be about $50.00 each way. Thanks for your help. If anyone has an answer for us it would be WDWMagic! :lol:

DisneyJoe

Try this:

http://www.mearstransportation.com/ShuttleServices.htm

Mears definitely does offer shuttle service; we used it in March '07. There are plenty of hotels that don't participate in ME, and those guests need transportation, too!! Good luck.

Yes, but if you try and arrange transfers from the airport to a Disney resort, they will tell you to use Magical Express.

Here is an option - reduce your ticket to a 3 or 4 day ticket to match what she will need - and then add her to your reservation, and she can use Magical Express.

When you check in, upgrade your ticket to the 8 day ticket that you need - all you pay is the difference in cost.

-Joe

Upvote 0

foldmama

Original Poster
Mousefan: You just gave me an idea - she can take the Mears shuttle to the dolphin and then jump on a bus to any park and then take the bus to the CB. I think it will work because she will only have an overnight bag.

DisneyJoe: Good recommendation and I called, but my package deal is same number of hotel nights and ticket days.

Thanks for all of your help!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

DisneyJoe: Good recommendation and I called, but my package deal is same number of hotel nights and ticket days.
Unless you are from overseas, or you bought the package through a travel agent, there's no reason on God's green Earth why your number of park days (tickets) must equal the number of nights you are staying in your room. Even though you bought it as a package, there's just no such thing that I've ever heard of.

You are more than 45 days out from your trip, which means you can alter your package without paying a penalty.

Call Disney and tell them your situation ... again. SOmething's just not adding up in the way you're reporting this. There's either a missing fact, or there's something you're not fully understanding.

Unless it's a deal for people who live overseas, or who are in the military, or who are purchasing this through their employer or through a travel agent, I've never heard of a package: a) where it's substantially cheaper (like $150) than booking room-only and also buying tickets; and b) where you are required to purchase the same number of park days as your room nights.

Something just isn't adding up here ....

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Just in case everything you wrote IS correct, I have perhaps the cheapest solution for you.

She can use Mears to get from the airport to CBR.

Yes, Mears, the company that told you they can't do that since Disney's Magical Express (DME) started.

They lied. They're required to lie in that way. They are not permitted to tell you that you can still pay Mears to take you from MCO to a WDW resort. You can do it, you just can't reserve it.

When she gets to the airport, she can go to the Mears counter and tell them she wants to get a ride to CBR. For about $25 or $30 they will sell her a ride on a bus. Chances are, she will actually be put onto a DME bus with people who are riding it for free to CBR.

Now, the big problem here is that in order to do this, you have to have faith that a stranger in New Jersey is telling you the truth and that a company you called is lying to you. Leap of faith, I understand that, but it's all accurate.

Upvote 0

foldmama

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help.

DisneyJoe: I was told yesterday that the package I purchased was a special package offer with a code (which it was) and that's why I cannot change the number of days on the ticket. I will call again today and ask a different CM, maybe I will get a better answer :animwink:.

CleveRocks - I will pass this on to my friend. It's worth a try and besides she is from New Jersey too! I'm sure we are not the first people to run into this problem!

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom