Greatest Disney Trip For Me Yet 5/10-5/14

To start on Monday at Magic Kingdom
Arrive at the kingdom at 8:30 to very light parking across from chip n dale so right in front.Catch tram to TTC, where the crew on the tram are cracking jokes, so my morning is starting off great.Hop on the ferry, I just like the ferry as opposed to the monorail, anywho get to front, security check very, very fast.Front gate right on through and step onto Main Street.Where I take my time check out the layout and off I go.First stop, Swiss Family, Was as good as can be expected.
Jungle Cruise, anyone ever notice the note in the bottle floating in the cave.The funniest time I have ever been on this ride
Skipper Melvin from Southern Oklahoma University with his humor
Different than the others I rode it about 4 times.Had to report great things to guest relations about him.Next was the classic of classics Pirates.
Always a walk on, which supringly alot of the rides were all day except for right around 12 to 1, before and after walk on.Anyway took left line which was open with NO wait while right line had about 5 min wait.Dont know people just don't listen to the CM's.
Ride goes smooth and good as usual no stops or hangups except at the very end of course.And does Disney tend to hold off some visuals until later in the day.Rode Pirates in the morning and the ceiling was plainly visable, later in the day ceiling had clouds.Don't know maybe its just me.Next for Splash
Didn't open till 12 but the painters are dressed in looks like mining costumes almost fits the mountain.No water running.Ride splash and million dollar bunny OUT.No water in the area before the big drop none at all I know water should shoot out of the holes.Big Drop no water but fun at least.Walk on through this also.Later in the day on the 5th or 6th time everything was running water and all except for million dollar bunny.Just thought they were trying to save money.
Runaway was walk on again and seemed to be a little faster than last time but I don't know had to reride it 5 more times to make sure.
Tom Sawyer was fun no people kinda relaxes you on that island.
Really dont like the change at Presidents just seems different.
Haunted Mansion was as always walk on and just as good as could be expected.Cm's here are always so funny they never break.CONGRATS mansion crew.
On to Snow White, fellow new orleans native working it always good to see that.Quick ride but fun nonetheless.Peter Pan the only ride with a wait 25 minutes which I can't understand it seemed to be the shortest ride so you would figure fast turnaround.Pooh which for my first time riding it was better than expected with the bouncing part and the floating on water it was enjoyable.
Off to teacups always fun and Indy not very fun but a classic.
Then to Space which was about 5 to 10 minute wait not bad at all.
Quick launch then I was off to COP I still love this show.Timekeeper was closed the entire time.Buzz was fun got 599,680.Not bad, then to TTA which I think is still too much fun.
Stitch is coming along fine new signs are coming up.Then back to making another many, many more round trips.Awesome day from open to close then Wishes.What can I say about Wishes to do it justice but awestruck and WOW!!
My day at kingdom ended in no complaints about anything all CM's Awesome.Crowd great no stroller nazis.No trash on the grounds no anything just really great day.
End of day one Epcot here I come for you tomorrow.

Stay tuned for the rest posted later in the day

MKCP 1985

You've just got to love the time after spring break and Easter, and before the summer crush . . . no lines, no hassles, ride everything you want in a day. Sweet!

Thanks, orleans, for reminding us of what it is like to go to the Magic Kingdom when everyone else is in school and at work! :lol: Glad you had a great day!

CamCodey

We're going to be at WDW next year at that same time (May 8 - 15) after our first-ever cruise on the Wonder (May 5 - 7).

Glad to hear that the crowds may be slim.

barnum42

The million dollar bunny was not working most of the times I rode it over a two week period - just before your trip. But there was the odd day when it did work.

orleans97

Original Poster
Time For Epcot

Started out earlier than normal in Epcot being it is my favorite park.
Loved the countdown the CM's do before opening the park
As soon as it opened I hit Spaceship Earth which I still find awesome.No stoppages or hiccups at all, a still great dark ride.
Off to Universe of Energy where I hate the movie too long in my opinion, ride too short.Ellen is not needed, did not reride this one.Body was completely closed so no time like the present to try mission space.Well as someone who is claustraphobic it was still enjoyable just can't think of closed places.Test track was fun the first time I rode it early in the day.The next time would not be so lucky.It broke down 4 times, the last time a CM came and pushed us the rest of the way around the track.It was the longest ride of my trip around 20 minutes total.Across the way to Living Seas,where it usually is boring and kinda still was for me.So to the Land, don't know about this one, the CM's make it about as fun as can be expected.Good job guys.Again in Epcot as in MK very very little wait time.Off to Journey into imagination where it is just not the same, just not.Honey I Shrunk was funny if not clever.No sight of the jumping water though and believe me I searched.Now that all the Future world was out of the way off to World Showcase.
Mexico first tried the Plato Combinacion for lunch after much hype.It was nasty in my opinion, hard dark meat chicken, cheap beans, granted I'm from New Orleans so not much food is up to my standards.The ride was good very smooth, but the sound was off very hard to hear the speaking very hard.Next was my favorite ride in all of Disney.Maelstrom, CM's are great, can't understand jokes very well but they try, 3 headed troll watch out, awesome and the mad dash I am sorry to say is a thing of the past.Now they even suggest if you do not want to watch the movie you can bypass and the CM will wait till everyone is clear.The outside band in Norway is not to be missed also.China follows with a decent movie and PHENOMENAL acrobats.A MUST SEE.The Outpost is well......
Germany..The best, but the steins are crazy expensive
Italy very nice statue show really good.
America....Only place I could find Barq's but all in all good show.
Japan tried the sushi AWESOME.The drum show also a great.
Morocco..pretty very pretty small but pretty nonetheless.
France...UM France
Brittain...Good fish and chips and the comedy players are actually funny for british humor.
Last but not least Canada...Still not a fan of this land the people are great but not much in the form of anything even the movie kinda weak.Yet the "ride" is coming along very very well.Pics coming soon for this one.
After many more rides on all and the famed Illuminations
It was late and I had a busy day tomorrow at Disney Studios

ogryn

Re: Time For Epcot

Originally posted by orleans97

Brittain...Good fish and chips and the comedy players are actually funny for british humor.

Excuse me? :fork: :rolleyes: :lol: :wave:

orleans97

Original Poster
Disney Studios

Got up kinda late but no need to worry, cause there was virtually no wait at all.Started with the show of the 3 handymen on main street.Very funny.Start the day off right good humor then on to Indiana Jones were I was an extra not too bad very fun in fact.Tried to hit on the head stunt lady and was shot down hard.hahaha.On to Drew Carey.Not as much fun as the original with martin short but a good way too get out of the sun.
Star Tours was next and since it was Star Wars week alot of characters were there but the ride is still very very weak.Follow this with Muppets 3d which I feel is one of the best movies in the Parks.Who wants to play a millionaire closed for some reason.So I grabbed lunch at Sci fi Diner which was very good and the booths were great, classic cars can't beat that.Next on to Man and a dream.WOW very good movie, never busy but worth the see.Around the bend to Backstage Tour which is still good alot of props, if you're into that then well worth the trip.Still love catastrophe canyon till this day.Any pump powerful enough to shoot a basketball over the empire state building is damn interesting to me.Grab a drink next to honey I shrunk the kids playset.Off to Great Movie Ride, which I rode twice just to get both rides A and B I think the mobster scene is better and looks like the potato pin on sigourney weaver is gone.But great anyway.After all that fun there is only one way to cap the day off but RnR which unbelievably awesome yet short I had to ride it 4 more times.After those journeys comes ToT4 which is what they call it now on ALL the billboards and commercials.Had a short stoppage in the shaft exiting into the building but after that it went very smooth and I got the 3 drop sequence which was very fun.All this and it was around 730pm so I decided to pick my own seat for a show I've never seen.Fantasmic I was told if you miss it, I would be forced back to see it by mickey himself.WOW WOW WOW WOW is all I can say I can't think of a greater show.The pocahantas plot isn't bad but the peter pan will be interesting.
That was it decided not to go to Animal Kingdom have been to it once before and could not stand it.So for the next two days I was park hopping galore.Any questions on any of the parks or rides ask I tried to make sure and notice everything that was asked on this board.

djmatthews

My first visit was in May, it was perfect - granted it was my first WDW Magical EXperience, but the weather was great, no rain, the crowds were light, and very little wait times. After visting in September and April, May would be my preference when I return again!

Can anyone clarify whether the WDW resort prices are value or moderate?

Jerm

Great report!!! Only thing is why no AK it seems like you are a detail type person and AK is one of the most detailed parks ever!!! They may not have the over the top attractions but each area of the park is so well themed and detailed. Even the "dino land" area is great for what it is supposed to be.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom