Great watch: The Senseless Death of EPCOT

Vegas Disney Fan

Let me rephrase that statement for you.

Take this:

View attachment 663872

Demolish everything except the four centrifuges and Space 220, then build this structure around the centrifuges (yes I looked it up the footprint will definitely fit them):
View attachment 663873

This may sound sacrilegious on these boards but as someone who doesn’t have a nostalgic connection to the Horizons building I’d see that as a major downgrade. Mission Space is (IMHO) a more exciting exterior.

I’m all for bringing back Horizons but bringing back the exterior without the actual ride would make no sense to me.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This may sound sacrilegious on these boards but as someone who doesn’t have a nostalgic connection to the Horizons building I’d see that as a major downgrade. Mission Space is (IMHO) a more exciting exterior.

I’m all for bringing back Horizons but bringing back the exterior without the actual ride would make no sense to me.

I'm willing to go into the penalty box for saying no Horizon revival, we don't need another off-center diorama even if Chief and Hoot were involved.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
25147BD3-6D84-444E-864A-9CF04ACC9656.png

I almost cried.

It’s a M&G announcement. But hopefully that means a refurbishment isn’t too far away.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

I'm willing to go into the penalty box for saying no Horizon revival, we don't need another off-center diorama even if Chief and Hoot were involved.
It’s okay. You just kinda had to be there to understand.

jimbojones

The new attractions at Epcot are great, the old ones are definitely neglected. I still like it though. But when my family was there a few weeks ago I was not comfortable being there with my kids after about 2pm. There were too many groups of drunk adults who should have gone to Vegas or at least Miami instead of Disney. Disney is not my personal first choice vacation destination as an adult. what it is though is a place that everyone in my family has at least a little fun. Going to a a Disney park and being surrounded by drunk adults definitely made it a less ideal family vacation.

I don't take my little kids out drinking in the city with me and having them around that scene at WDW was not what I was looking for.

Maybe it was an unusual time, or maybe Epcot has become an even bigger drinking destination. But it was a first for me and I don't get it. Why not go to a bar ? Why not go to a club? Why spend a hundred bucks to go to a place primarily designed for children and families just to drink?

I drink my fair share and love a night out at a bar or club. But there was too much alcohol at WDW overall and especially Epcot

sedati

***SARCASM WARNING***

EPCOT Center was a park for anyone who:

WIshed "If You Had Wings" were far longer.
Really loved the RCA post show but hated Space Mountain.
Thought "Hall of Presidents" made a better weenie than the castle.
Hit "CircleVision" multiple times.
Enjoyed "The Country Bear Jamboree," but thought its sponsorship far too subtle.
Felt "Pirates of the Caribbean" could do with less drops and more dry narration.
Could spend a whole half their visit simply shopping and eating on Main Street.
Wished for less shade and far more walking between each land and attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom