Great Movie Ride: What film scenes would you add?

righttrack

Blues Brother's Car Crash would be good.
Star Wars Cantina scene would really show off some new anamatronics and have Han in there too with Greedo.
Keep Wizard of Oz! It's great.
Go National Lampoon's Vacation, always had a Disney undertone to it. St. Louis scene would be great (or shower scene yabba dabba!)

Disneyhead'71

The "Give him a setagive" scene from Young Frankenstien.

The "singing in the rain" scene from A Clockwork Orange.

The dancing scene from Pulp Fiction

That one scene from American Pie

And pretty much anything from Magic Mike.

IowaHawks7

Ghostbusters with the Stay Puff Man would be amazing. The Escalator scene from Rain man? The Godfather with Brando just petting his cat would be amazing and powerful. It would be cool to get all the James Bonds an AA and have them together in one room as well.

LeRaposa

I am utterly shocked that no one has mentioned one of the most popular and important films of all time. I am of course talking about Toho's 1954 classic, Gojira or as it known to us in the west, Godzilla. Godzilla was an extremely important film and it's a crime that it is not represented in The Great Movie Ride.

I also agree that certain films need to be removed in favor of more important films. Tarzan wasn't all that important of a movie. Footlight Parade especially has to go. Instead there should be a small section featuring the legendary comedians of the Golden Age of cinema. Chaplin and The Three Stooges (with Shemp there too) should be represented. The Stooges are still easily recognizable today. They still enjoy a level of popularity that none of the other comedians of their time period do. Not even Chaplin comes close. I would suggest The Marx Brothers, Laurel & Hardy, and Buster Keaton be represented but sadly they're not as recognizable.

The Comedians should replace Footlight Parade and Godzilla should replace Tarzan.

Ryan H. Serowinski

WALL-E
Marvel's The Avengers(The whole gang in one scene)
Big Hero 6
Inside Out(Joy & Sadness when Riley is crying with her parents)
Zootopia(DNA scene)
The Jungle Book(2016)(where Baloo and Mowgli sing the Bare Necessities)
Captain America: Civil War
Finding Dory

steviej

Shawshank Redemption could be cool but I'm not sure of one particular scene that would work. BUT The Godfather.... Brando already looks like an AA. Picture riding past the "make him an offer" scene. Pure Movie Gold.

Oh and Forrest Gump. The world needs and anamatronic Ton Hanks. It just does.

I would want The Godfather, but the opening scene between Don Corleone and the undertaker.
First PotC
Rocky running up the steps
Titanic

That's all I have for now, I'm sure I'll be back to edit more later

Keep Wizard of Oz. Keep Mary Poppins (but update it). Casablanca is a maybe

Off the top of my head, everything else can go.

morningstar

I like the suggestion of Jurassic Park. Could have just some small AA dinos. Then the CM takes a sip of water and sets it down, and a vibration effect makes it ripple. The CM says we better get out of here and you go into the next scene. T-rex doesn't need to actually show up; she's implied.

Matt_Black

I think what we should look at is genre as opposed to specific films. And what the GMR is lacking (aside from horror movies, for obvious reasons) is a good war movie. My personal pick in that instance would be Saving Private Ryan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom