Great Movie Ride Rehab

Dawnie

Original Poster
The latest All Ears newsletter states that the Great Movie Ride will be down for rehab during March and the first part of April this year.

Any ideas what's being done? Just a wash and brush up or more significant changes?

504ellamae

Wow, thats the worst news that i have had today.:cry:

We are visiting from the U.K about that time, and this is one of my favourite rides at the studios!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Dawnie
The latest All Ears newsletter states that the Great Movie Ride will be down for rehab during March and the first part of April this year.
The dates given on the site are March 3rd to April 18th - Thank goodness its back up and running before we go home on the 23rd :sohappy: :sohappy:

blm07

You know, in the last couple of months, I've been thinking about this ride. It has so much to it, and the CMs (when I have been there) always do a good job on their speils and acting. I love how there is 2 ways you can go, and its cool how they say different things when they get to other scenes. Its just a great ride! And I like the end movie also.

RPMdfw

:( During Spring Break? That makes no sense! (of course it could just be that I'm disappointed that I won't get to see it when I'm there.)

I'm rather upset that it will be closed while we are there in March. It's definitely one of my favorite rides. We always enjoy closing it down in the evening.:cry:

MinnieFan

:( Bummer!:( It's going to closed when we are there. Oh well, guess I will have to wait until November to ride it again. I'm just wondering, what is going to be done?

Mission: SPACE

I don't think that Disney will be able to do any type of major work on the attraction in the month and a half that it will be down... for Disney to do any major changes, it would take mor time than that!!! LOL... Look at Mission:SPACE!!!

EchoOfOphelia

I was just there in February and there was absolutely no line there at any time throughout the day. Hopefully they will do something to spruce it up to get the people to come back to it! I used to get really upset when I learned they would be rehabbing a ride. Now I just look at it as, well better than closing it down completely and demolishing it! ... Like the did with some of my favorites, but that's a whole nother story.

I wonder if they are going to add any "new" movies to the lot...

:D

Disneynutcase

Relax...

All Ears and WDWig.com (its sister-site) have a habit of reporting rehab rumors that turn out to be not true. Wait for Steve, moderator of this very site, to report it. Only then will it have actual validity.

My family was at WDW last Easter break and aslso during the week following (when crowds lightened up a bit). All Ears/WDWig.com said that Maelstrom would be down for rehab and it was not. And I was in a panic because despite two previous trips to Epcot, I hadn't been on the ride--1st time it was a month before ride opened to the public/2nd time was one of its first rehab periods. So alas, I was bummed that it was allegedly going to be closed again, only to be overjoyed that the rumor was false, false, false...

In fact, when we told CM's working Maelstrom about this rumor (while we were in line for the ride), they reacted like we were from Mars. Maelstrom did eventually go down for a short rehab in 2002, but it was much later in the year AND during off season.

I don't see how WDW can shut down one of the few rides at MGM during one of its busier times. Maybe sometime afterwards, but not during Spring and Easter break.

So again I say, wait for it to come from a reliable source like Steve before the moaning begins.

GaryT977

Didn't they replace the carpets and do some re-hab on this ride a couple of months ago?

IMHO - the ride needs a major overhaul.

meeko_33785

I heard they would be replacing the Fantasia scene with something new and some script changes, but I'm not sure how true it is. I hope it's true though. The attraction could probably use some change after 13 years and besides, Disney most likely will not close an attraction that recently went through some kind of rehab. Hope this helps keep GMR in the park for years to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom