Great Movie Ride Question

spacemtnfanatic

Original Poster
I have a question regarding GMR....

I have been to Disney numerous times and ridden GMR even more than that. I have heard that there are two "hijacking" scenes....one with the ganster in the ganster room and another with a cowboy in the western room. In all my years, I have always been "hijacked" by the gangster. I have noticed in the western room that it appears to be possible that it would be another "stage" for an action scene. Can anyone give me more insight on this? Thank you!

RonAnnArbor

I've never seen anything with the cowboy scene - as long as I have known the ride, it has always occured in the gangster scene...

clarkstallings

On light days they generally only run the gangster scene. You can tell what scene you are going to get based which vehicle you board. If you board the front vehicle (1 vehicle = two connnected cars) you will get the bank robbery scene. IF you are in the second simultaneously dispatched vehicle you will get the gangster scene. If they only dispatch one vehicle, odds are you are getting the gangster. The show rooms are connected one after the other so that one vehicle can be in the western room and one in the gangster alley and the live parts can run at the same time.

giantgolfer

I've probably been on the GMR about 10 times and probably 7 or 8 of them were the "gangster" scene...

However, the last time I rode it during the Everest AP preview weekend in late January, I got the "western" scene, even though it was not a busy day at all at MGM (I literally walked on to the ride)...Weird.

Lefty

After the mobster scene (Mugsy or something), in the treasure-stealing sequence, the cars stopped...for a long time.

The CM was reallllly struggling to keep everyone distracted. He pretty much just stopped taking for a while. lol.

Miss Bell

We were lucky enough to discover both years ago. We usually ride GMR at least 3 times per trip. On our last time on each trip, we always ask the cast member seating us to put us in whichever one we haven't managed to hit on that trip, so we get to see both each time.

One word of advise: it is easier to get this done with the cast member right before the double doors (the one that actually seats you.) Sometimes the guys at the beginning of the line are not sure which line goes where--and with the way those things wrap around each other, I don't blame them.

Brian_B

You know, if you prefer one or the other, simply ask the GMR CM who is loading guests into the vehicle(s) and he/she will gladly have you wait for the next bandit-scene-bound vehicle, if they are running any that day.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

- Brian

disneywy

Like was stated earlier, the firist set of vehicles ("A") experiences the western scene and the second set ("B") gets the gangster. When they pull vehicles they will usually pull the "A" vehicles first. So when crowds are light it is almost always that you get a "B" set witht he gangster. The two show scenes allow for both to have the Indy scene later in the ride.

NadieMasK2

:lol:
All this time I just thought the fire effects were broken on the last trip we took!

I definitely prefer the cowboy shoot-out scene then. The last time DH and I both looked at each other and said "isn't there supposed to be fire here?"

:lol:

spacemtnfanatic

Original Poster
I do have a recollection of fire being used in the past now, so that is obviously a ride where we did have the cowboy scene.

Very interesting how it all works!

peter11435

Connor002 said:
The gangster scene is standard, and the Cowboy scene for times when greater capacity is needed.
True. But most of the time they have both running. I myself prefer the cowboy scene because of the explosion and fire.

withasmile

ive been on that ride about 5 times and i always got the gangster scene. i didnt know there was a cowboy scene. i know theres 2 different scences when the host come back, the wizard of oz and indian jones [i think, i cant tell which movie its from]

peter11435

withasmile said:
ive been on that ride about 5 times and i always got the gangster scene. i didnt know there was a cowboy scene. i know theres 2 different scences when the host come back, the wizard of oz and indian jones [i think, i cant tell which movie its from]
Actually there is only one scene where the host comes back. That seen doesn't really represent any movie in particular it is simply the one where the bank robber/gangster attempts to take the cursed jewel.

diveteam

Wow, I had no idea of the Cowboy scene, in the 20+ times I have ridden the ride I have always had the Gangster, next time I am there I will have to ask a CM if I can have a seat in the car that has the cowboy.

Mark

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom