Great Movie Ride/Indy Jones

Nickahlers

A Bump and a question...

I bumped this up so someone would answer my question...

the GMR is scheduled to be closed :( during my visit (March 16-22). Anyone know what's going on to the attraction during this week? Are they replacing it or is it routine maintenance?

Mirage

Re: A Bump and a question...

WOH WAIT, Hold Up!!!
I must be REALLY behind here, but DIsney is CLOSING the Great Movie Ride??????

They better not!!!!!...they can't...I LOVE that ride

I love DIsney to death, but I REALLY wish they would stop destroying all the old classic rides:(

that is why Epcot is not doing well, all the old fun rides that were all 80's-ified :) are closed ie Horizons, Journey Into Imagination. Those were my two fave rides there :( I miss them *sniff

hallowboy11

Re: Re: A Bump and a question...

Originally posted by Mirage
WOH WAIT, Hold Up!!!
I must be REALLY behind here, but DIsney is CLOSING the Great Movie Ride??????

They better not!!!!!...they can't...I LOVE that ride

I love DIsney to death, but I REALLY wish they would stop destroying all the old classic rides:(

that is why Epcot is not doing well, all the old fun rides that were all 80's-ified :) are closed ie Horizons, Journey Into Imagination. Those were my two fave rides there :( I miss them *sniff

Never fear. The ride is going through a scheduled rehab through April, I believe. I don't see how they could do a complete overhaul in a month.

movie777

Idea

I am new but i think i got something about GMR. Why don't they just change into different movies {like everyone is saying} .But instead of Disney deciding the movies they put in, they should let the guests vote on thier favorite movie, and and change it for the 3 most voted movies. just a thought

Fido

Re: Idea

Originally posted by movie777
I am new but i think i got something about GMR. Why don't they just change into different movies {like everyone is saying} .But instead of Disney deciding the movies they put in, they should let the guests vote on thier favorite movie, and and change it for the 3 most voted movies. just a thought

1. Disney would never do such a thing because they like to be in total control when it comes to business decisions and

2. There are many, many factors involved...not the least of which are proprietary rights for films, etc.

It would be cool, but it would be bordering on a fantasy wet dream if such a thing were to happen! :)

hallowboy11

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
They had talked about including new films like Star Wars, Godzilla, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor and other Disney films so they could break up the deal with MGM.

Does anyone think that Lucas will still let Disney have the rights to Star Wars for a new part of GMR?? I hope Unkie Eisner can resolve the dispute... umm.... I mean, his dispute with Lucas.... but also the manymanymany others. coughPIXARRULEScough.

Justin

Original Poster
Originally posted by hallowboy11
Does anyone think that Lucas will still let Disney have the rights to Star Wars for a new part of GMR?? I hope Unkie Eisner can resolve the dispute... umm.... I mean, his dispute with Lucas.... but also the manymanymany others. coughPIXARRULEScough.

I dont think a star wars part would be added to this until the upcoming Episode 3 is done? But i think he would allow it, if he already let Lucas Art. into MGM studios for star tours! :)

netenyahoo

If Disney wants an Indiana Jones Ride at WDW then it should not be a clone of the DL ride (which is awesome). The ride should either be in Adventureland in MK or in the Studios. The studios already has the Indy stunt show, so I would prefer putting it in MK.

The Great Movie Ride is fun, but a little corny. Maybe get better actors (CMs) for the live parts and change the scripting. I would update some of the sections with other movies, but keep most of it. It would be nice if the ride would go faster for a part and go on rough road or something like that just to liven it up.

yensid354

GMR

Recently returned from our 22nd trip to WDW, and was amazed at the queue at GMR!!

We usually can get right on, but in the busy week of 2/17-2/22, the waits got to as long as 30 minutes!

Maybe not as dated an attraction as you might percieve!

I do agree that it needs updating. The previous post about a mix all Disney movies, plus some villians areas would be a great choice. I would not like to see GMR change over to a IJ thrill ride, as many of the posters have noted, WAY too much like Dinosaur!

IJ epic stunt show needs updating though, and maybe changed to the Rocketeer, or similar Disney/Touchstone/Miramax movie theme.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Originally posted by hallowboy11

Sure he will. Disney would have to tear down Star Tours if he didn't.

RozFan

--Indiana Jones and the Temple of Whatever was suppose to be built back in 1998-1999 but was snatched from MGM and carried over to AK when they realized how attraction lite the new park was to be. The lay out of Dinosaur is exactly the same as the DL-Indy.

--As for GMR, the attraction will eventually close down probably sometime in 2005-2006 for a facade facelift(yep, no more Mann's Chinese Theater) and complete new ride technology. Basically from what I've heard and read a new system called CAVE that projects 3-D elements without the typical 3-D shades. Rumors have been whirling around that the ride would feature Disney's baddest of the bad villians. This I perceive is to be the answer to IOA's Spiderman...to bad its 8 years late and by then Universal will be unveiling something completely outta this world.

--LOTR or Harry Potter will never be seen in any Disney theme park as Universal has already snatched up all theme park rights to both franchises.

--I don't see a relationship btw the Mouse and PIXAR after the 5 picture deal is completed. Disney has royally screwed up a great oppertunity and Unlce Mikey's ego is way to big to admit he was wrong.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom