Great Movie Ride at MGM

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I was just curious as to what other think of this attraction.

Personally, the first couple of times I went on it, I loved it. I still go on it every trip, but does anyone else think that they should maybe change the script up a bit?

You know, the whole gangster taking the guests hostage thing. They've had the exact same dialogue for at least the last few years.

I hate to sound complaining about it, but I just don't get that. Would it be THAT difficult to have different scripts?

Atta83

it all depends on who we have as a guide. There are some who can make it ar break it for you, kind of like the jungle cruise skippers. But I love the ride.

Lauriebar

I don't mind hearing the same scripts everytime, they are pretty funny at times. What I really don't like is the whole crowd participation thing. You know when the CM says "Are you ready?", then says "That wasn't loud enough, Are you ready?" I have ridden it several times when the CM was almost rude in trying to get people to respond. I just don't like that aspect of the ride much, but the rest of the ride I truly enjoy (even the cheesy gangster)!!!

MKCP 1985

Atta83 said:
it all depends on who we have as a guide. There are some who can make it ar break it for you, kind of like the jungle cruise skippers. But I love the ride.

I agree 100% with Atta. One other thing I just discovered this year, if you go on the Great Movie Ride twice, you may not get taken over by a gangster at all on the second trip. Some of the ride vehicles stop in the cowboy room and a western bank robber takes over the ride. So they DO have at least two scripts. :wave:

Bizarra

I rode it when I was in WDW last December. I loved the ride and now consider it to be one of my favorites. We rode it 3 or 4 times, and saw both the gangster and the cowboy schticks. I loved them both.

The first time we had a really great tour guide and he made it loads of fun! (the first trip we got the Gangster)

Kopp8699

It is a classic ride. Pesonally I prefer the gangster scene. I havn't seen the cowboy one in a long time but it's decent. I enjoy the whole ride... it has some live action with the AA's. To me, this is my 3rd favorite attraction at MGM.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Actually, come to think of, after reading that post a few back, I do remeber them having the gangster and cowboy taking the car over.

I don't know. I guess I like to think of Disney Castmembers as being completely real as I can, and when everyone says that "their personal favorite gangster in those early films was James Cagney" or when they say "those great musicals of the 50's like Footlight Parade" - You gotta wonder if any of them have even seen the movie.

Now, of course, I haven't. To me, it's almost like when you have a CM at Thunder Mountain who doesn't smile at all, or just stand there expressionless all the time. There was a time when I can remember all CM's ALWAYS smiling and cheerful.

nickcarraway

I was a little drunk, but I remember one time that the alien from "Alien" took over the car. It was really exciting but also really messy. There was slime everywhere! So I prefer the gangster.

bhg469

i really would like a change, they need to find a way to but in new movies, the wizard of oz scene should always be a part of it but there is alot they can do to keep it current. i know they update the end movie a few times but that doesnt change the fact the ride is so predictable.

DisneyWood

Can't remember

To tell you the truth, I can't remember the scripts for the "Great Movie Ride" at MGM. I have been on this ride a few times, but don't feel like it is must see attraction. If the line is short, then yes, but if it is pretty long, then I do the obvious, go back to the Tower of Terror. :sohappy:

19 days left...

Disnut

I think they can do so much with this ride than they have right now. I like it but they can do better. The CM was boring when we went. It all seemed so fakey.not that I want real real but something more than what we did get.

EpcotGrl

LOL, one of my roommates did Great Movie Ride...you think you're tired of their spiel, try hearing it over breakfast, lunch and dinner! :lol:

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I feel the same way. The ride itself is great. It's just the CM's. And with most of them, it's not really their fault.

It's funny - We went on Living With The Land Boat Ride at Epcot. It was the first time in years I had been on it, and it was all different. I liked it, but the guide we had (who was knowledgable) almost put me to sleep. He had this dragging, nasaly voice and just sounded so bored and disinterested.

No doubt - On certain attractions, you've gotta have CM's who obviously like their job.

Pioneer Hall

It would be nice to see the ride changed a little bit, but I don't want to see the interactive part of it taken out. If they are going to change it at all they need to make sure the audience is still involved with the action.

General Grizz

Goodness, this is the best Disney-MGM Studios attraction. It captures a whole lotta essence, and stands for the "E-Ticket" quality standards we expect and admire from Disney.

I don't mind if scenes are updated - it would be awesome to see new Animatronics - but this is one of the only Disney-MGM Studios attractions I would fight to save should it be considered at the guillotine. . .

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I think the AA are fantastic and it's a must see for me on every trip, but I wouldn't say it's the best MGM has to offer.

I would much prefer staying on the Rock N' Roller Coaster or Tower Of Terror for an hour as opposed to going through the Great Movie Ride more than a couple of times.

I actually think the Sci Fi Dine In is the best attraction at MGM. I love going there. Food's nothing great, but what a great atmosphere in that place!

togasports

joviacdan said:
It's funny - We went on Living With The Land Boat Ride at Epcot. It was the first time in years I had been on it, and it was all different. I liked it, but the guide we had (who was knowledgable) almost put me to sleep. He had this dragging, nasaly voice and just sounded so bored and disinterested.

No doubt - On certain attractions, you've gotta have CM's who obviously like their job.

Hey... although you are right, I doubt you got me, Toward the end of my CP I started turning the boatride into the Epcot version of the Jungle Cruise.

Atta83

joviacdan said:
It's funny - We went on Living With The Land Boat Ride at Epcot. It was the first time in years I had been on it, and it was all different. I liked it, but the guide we had (who was knowledgable) almost put me to sleep. He had this dragging, nasaly voice and just sounded so bored and disinterested..

Or how about the one with the monotone voice. Who likes to elogate the last worddddd.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
togasports said:
Hey... although you are right, I doubt you got me, Toward the end of my CP I started turning the boatride into the Epcot version of the Jungle Cruise.

Then it wasn't you.

Don't get me wrong - The kid knew his stuff and had the script down cold, and since I hadn't been on it in a while, I really enjoyed it. However, I don't think I could have sat through the ride again with him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom