Grand Gatherings

natolij02

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone has had any "benefits" from being a grand gathering. We are going as a group of 10 and we decided not to use extra dining credits for any of the grand gathering experiences so I would like to know what other things there might be to do that is special for grand gathering groups. Also do they have the buttons like the birthday/wedding ones for grand gatherings?

remixboypa

Hi there,

Yes you do get a button for everybody in your group, be sure to ask for it at check in.
Usually the rooms that you have reserved if you are all in the same resort are if not next to each-other, really close together.
Other than that I don't really remember there being much more besides the grand gathering experiences.

Hope this Helped
Adam

SC Mouse Fan

You can also call the Grand Gathering phone number to make any ADR not just the Grand Gathering special ones. You don't stay on hold as long and they seem to have special access for seating large groups. Sometimes you have to be at different tables but they are next to each other. It depends on the restaurant.

BrennaRN

We are doing a grand/magical gathering/melt down next May with about 10 of us as well. One of the members of my party (whom shall remain nameless ) is a control freak and plans everything out!!!! I told my mom that we should have shirts made that says Magical Nervous Breakdown 2009 with Mickey holding some xanax or jack daniels because that'll be what we need to get through the week. Good luck with your trip.

Eyorefan

We are doing a grand/magical gathering/melt down next May with about 10 of us as well. One of the members of my party (whom shall remain nameless ) is a control freak and plans everything out!!!! I told my mom that we should have shirts made that says Magical Nervous Breakdown 2009 with Mickey holding some xanax or jack daniels because that'll be what we need to get through the week. Good luck with your trip.

If I were you I wouldn't plan on spending all your time together. We are doing a big gathering next year with 12 of us. We did it once before and all had a great time. Our secret? We didn't try to do too much together. We ate a meal together everyday, execpt for one, did a fireworks cruise and had group meet ups where we all rode two or three rides together and got our picture taken together at all parks. Other than that we were all free to do whatever. We didn't even all stay in same resort. 5 had a cabin at FW, 2 were at the PO, 3 of us stayed at the Poly and 2 stayed at the AKL. The best family vacation ever!

krankenstein

Other than the button and insuring your party has rooms next to each other, you don't get much. You can call the Grand Gathering number and make reservations for firework cruises and other stuff like that, but it all costs extra.

remixboypa

If I were you I wouldn't plan on spending all your time together. We are doing a big gathering next year with 12 of us. We did it once before and all had a great time. Our secret? We didn't try to do too much together. We ate a meal together everyday, execpt for one, did a fireworks cruise and had group meet ups where we all rode two or three rides together and got our picture taken together at all parks. Other than that we were all free to do whatever. We didn't even all stay in same resort. 5 had a cabin at FW, 2 were at the PO, 3 of us stayed at the Poly and 2 stayed at the AKL. The best family vacation ever!

We did the same but meeting for breakfast every morning worked out pretty well for us. This way who ever wanted to tag along with who ever could decide then :)

coltow

18 of us are heading there next week. We are not all there for all the days, in fact my cousin left this morning. We are all there for a few days together though. Our plan is to start the day together and do a few attractions as a group, we will separate in teh afternoons, then regroup for dinner. After that we can decide if we want to stay together or separate.

10 of us are doing the Wishes Cruise on 8/16 I will be sure to tell you about it when we get back.

ali_cat_3

My CAA (in the US, AAA) agent...

sent me this regarding special options only available for grand gatherings:

International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception
Meet your friends and family at the Odyssey in Epcot® for a celebration of international friendship. Your well-traveled and fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, welcomes you to amazing tastes from around the world. Help yourself to delectable international cuisine served family-style, where everyone from Grandma to Junior is sure to find a favorite dish.

As you feast, Auntie Roz and some of your favorite Disney Characters sing, dance and tell stories — sometimes they even need your help! And Auntie Roz loves birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, so if you've got something to celebrate just give her the word and she'll give you plenty of recognition, including a special song.

After your international eating adventure, end your evening on a sweet note with a scrumptious dessert buffet and a private, reserved viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $64.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $33.99 (available 180 days prior)

SafeRedirect.aspx
Safari Celebration Dinner
Make dinnertime an adventure with an amazing experience. Meet your tour guide in Asia at the "Flights of Wonder" theater for an exciting tour on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

After you've returned from your Safari, continue the Disney's Animal Kingdom fun in the Tusker House Restaurant with a delicious all-you-can-eat African-inspired dinner menu served family style. Dine on a full range of delectable foods that will please even the youngest members of your family. Then, have an "up-close" experience with exotic wildlife brought to the restaurant courtyard just to meet you — even get an autograph from one of the special Disney Characters who stop by the restaurant to say hello! And if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, family reunion or other special occasion, your Disney friends will surely add their recognition to the festivities. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $64.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $33.99 (available 180 days prior)

SafeRedirect.aspx
Good Morning Character Breakfast
Start the morning with Tony, the proprietor from "Lady and the Tramp," at his Tony's Town Square Restaurant for a fun-filled breakfast with plenty of Character. Mingle with Mickey while you enjoy the delicious dishes of an all-you-can-eat breakfast. Then sing and dance with your Disney pals or talk to them tableside. Tony will be happy to recognize birthdays and special occasions along with a special serenade of "Bella Notte" for anniversaries. After breakfast, take Tony up on his invitation to visit Mickey's PhilharMagic, one of the most popular attractions in Magic Kingdom® Park, for reserved seating at the very next show. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $32.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $19.99 (available 180 days prior)

SafeRedirect.aspx
Magical Fireworks Voyage
Set sail with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee from Disney's Contemporary Resort. When you arrive at the Resort, check the Daily Event Board inside to see where to meet your "mateys" and start your adventure. Chow down on some pirate grub of snacks and beverages before you board the boat. Then, with a pirate as your host, sail on an unforgettable evening voyage around the Seven Seas Lagoon. Test your Disney trivia, sing songs and enjoy a magical performance of the Electrical Water Pageant. — all from the perfect vantage point for the fireworks spectacular set high above Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom® Park.

As you sail back to your Resort Port, your pirate host entertains you with the story of Peter Pan, ending just in time for you to discover Pan himself waiting on shore to greet your family, sign autographs and pose for photos. Even better, if you've got a birthday, reunion, anniversary or other special occasion in your group, Pan and the pirates help you celebrate!

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $43.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $24.99 (available 180 days prior)

times.
SafeRedirect.aspx

Custom Events
During your visit to Walt Disney World® Resort you may want to enjoy a special meal in one of our unique private dining park locations or beautiful resort catering venues. Available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or perhaps a dessert reception - groups of 20 or more can celebrate an anniversary, birthday, or any special event.

not sure what the menu's are like but some info for anyone who is interseted.
Enjoy!

Ali:)

coltow

The Wishes Cruise was amazing. We arrived at Contemporary at 8:15 to give us time to figure out where we needed to be. We arrived at the meeting location at about 8:30. The greeters gave us special pins that were only available to wishes cruise guests. The doors opened at 8:45 and there were tins of snacks and drink for us to grab. Lots of couches and chairs to sit and relax for a bit. Hook and Smee joined us moments later and hung around for everyone to get pictures and autographs.

Our boat guides came just before 9:15 and took us to our boats. We travelled over to WL to see the water parade. Then we were off to MK and arrived there just before 10pm. The guide entertained us with songs and trivia until the fireworks started.

After the show it was more trivia (with some litle prizes) until we go back to Contemporary. Pater Pan was waiting for us on the dock and he too took time for pictures and autographs.

This was probably the best thing we did the whole trip. We all kept saying for days that it was money very well spent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom