Grand Floridian

Marijil

Splurging at GF for 10th anniversary....hear alot of negatives....are we making mistake?? Anyone have positive feedback?

GalacticGobbler

The Grand Floridian is worth the splurge.

We have stayed twice, once on our honeymoon and then again on our anniversary. Victoria and Alberts is a great experience.
And the lobby is spectacular, the smell of the lobby is a great memory in itself. The grounds are spectacular, we stayed in Sugarloaf and Big Pine Key. We liked Sugar Loaf the best.

I could go on and on about this place

Upvote 0

Cheryl

Don't know if you'd be interested in hearing my two cents but SKIP the 1900 Fare character dining with Pooh & Tigger. The Crystal Palace at the MK is much better if you were interested in doing a character dining. The atmosphere there just wasn't as "GRAND" as the Crystal Palace was.

The hotel is beautiful...we walked around after dinner there in July. We haven't stayed there but wanted to check it out...very nice accomodations! I think we might be using some of our DVC points to stay there soon! :lol:

Upvote 0

Tramp

Re: Re: Re: Grand Floridian

Originally posted by orangefan15

As to what I've heard, most common complaint is that the GF doesn't have the same "magic" as the other resorts. Also, the cast members don't go out of their way to do anything special for guests unless they are honeymooners. Also heard that other guests are a bit "snooty" and will look down on those who obviously don't come from the upper class.

I can tell you first hand that whoever is saying this is full of crap! You can view the MK fireworks from your balcony, watch the nightly water show on the lagoon, have a view of Seven Seas Lagoon, the Contemporary Hotel, the monorail, all the water activity. You're 5 minutes from the Magic Kingdom. There are character meals minutes away. Characters swim with the kids every afternoon in the pools(at least they use to). I could go on and on. Isn't this magical enuf for people?

As far as the maids...top class all the way. The maids have gone out of their way to make our stay pleasant including making the silly animals out of the facecloths and leaving extra candy ( a glass full) on the pillow for us...and yes, thats right, they turn down the beds for ya at the GF.

This 'snooty' comment has been raised on these boards once before and I dare anyone to walk around the Grand Floridian and point out the wealthy people from the not-so-wealthy people. It's a bunch of bull originating from people not fortunate enuf to have stayed at the hotel and, may I add, might be a wee bit jealous!:D

Of course, this is just MY opinion.:wave:

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

I just LOVE the Grand Floridian. It will always be my favorite hotel in Disney... actually anywhere! The service is just wonderful and the hotel is, well, Grand! We have stayed there 2 times and each time was great. I never felt that anyone was snooty. Not at all. We always felt welcome.

You will have a wonderful time there. Do not change your reservation. Once you stay there it will be hard to stay anywhere else. I just wish they would make it a DVC hotel. We just joined and made BCV our home.

Have Fun :)

Upvote 0

disneyisbest

Re: Snooty

Originally posted by crazyquackers
As beautiful and posh as the Grand Floridian is I don't think it is rarified enough to have truly snooty people...
According to a cast memeber I know that Grand does attract a few snobbish people but would say that the majority of the people their treat everyone the same.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Oh Tramp!

I can only speak for myself (naturally! :animwink: ), but I'm not a "wee bit" jealous of the people staying at GF....

I'm A LOT jealous!!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure at all that I want to stay there - I know that it would totally spoil me for any other resort. That means I would have to either never visit WDW again (like that's gonna happen), or I'd have to go like once every 10 yrs or so so that I could save up enough to stay at GF.....

Since neither of those scenarios are likely to occur, I'll just have to content myself with strolling thru the lobby :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom