Grand Floridian VS. Yacht Club

captainkidd

As we all know, the GF is the flagship resort. However, in the majority of guide books, YC gets named best Deluxe Resort. Which do you prefer and why?

I'm not voting as this summer will be our 1st stay at the Yacht Club, but I am curious to hear what other people say.

thewhitequeen

[FONT=&quot]Yacht clubs are sports club that are specially formed for people who like to sailing and yachting. They are mostly located by the sea. You can enjoy many water activities in a yacht club like yachting, sailing and fishing but whereas in a beach club/ a resort you cannot enjoy these facilities.[/FONT]

Oooookkkk.......:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

rkelly42

I do not believe GF is the flagship resort, but if I had to choose between the two I would take the Yacht club because I like the boardwalk and love Epcot. If I could choose any resort though it would be the Poly hands down. I absoulutely love that resort.

Upvote 0
I always stay concierge at the Grand, but the standard views are all lovely. The standard views at the YC are not......
D

i have stayed at both and obviously if u have stayed only in concierge at the GF then u have no idea what the standard views are like... they are ok... i stayed at YC bout 3 weeks ago and it was the best trip i have ever experianced with the best view i have ever had

P.S. take the monorail from epcot to TTA then to MK it makes travel much nicer to MK

Upvote 0
P.P.S. Yacht club and beach club are basically one resort so from what i saw they were pretty connected in most ways... you will get the same experience at either... and u dont feel trapped like u do at GF

Upvote 0

Ziffell

would y'all take the wilderness lodge over the contemporary? I loved the wilderness lodge but i've always wanted to stay at contemporary...

I love the Wilderness Lodge and the rooms are nice. However, it does have what I would consider to be a bit of a design flaw: The sounds from the lobby have a tendency to echo and be easily heard in the rooms. It's ironic, considering the fact that the WL's setting is one that would seem to be geared toward people who want peace and relaxation.

I would personally put the Beach Club at the top of my list. What I love about staying there is not only is it a nice hotel, but I love the fact that it is an easy walk to the entrance to Epcot. For the same reason, I would think the contemporary would be a great choice as well, though it would be a longer walk from Contemporary to Mk than it is from Beach Club to Epcot.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I love the Wilderness Lodge and the rooms are nice. However, it does have what I would consider to be a bit of a design flaw: The sounds from the lobby have a tendency to echo and be easily heard in the rooms. It's ironic, considering the fact that the WL's setting is one that would seem to be geared toward people who want peace and relaxation.

I've never noticed that at the WL. I suppose, based on room location that's possible. But that can really be said of any of the resorts.

Upvote 0

Ziffell

I've never noticed that at the WL. I suppose, based on room location that's possible. But that can really be said of any of the resorts.

Not quite. It can be said of some of the others I'm sure, but I wouldn't agree that it can be said of all, or even MOST, of the others. It's because of how that specific hotel is designed and the layout and location of the rooms relative to it's very large, very acoustic, lobby. Having said, I do agree that there are some room locations that are not affected.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Not quite. It can be said of some of the others I'm sure, but I wouldn't agree that it can be said of all, or even MOST, of the others. It's because of how that specific hotel is designed and the layout and location of the rooms relative to it's very large, very acoustic, lobby. Having said, I do agree that there are some room locations that are not affected.

Yeah, I guess not all resorts have that problem. It's not just lobby noise. It can be noise from pools or restaurants. Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach, All Stars and Pop could all have those issues. The more spreadu out resorts like the moderates and Villas really don't need to worry much about noise.

Upvote 0

Jayson01

Even I agree. Lot of resorts does not have much problems. We got a choose the right resorts. Where they have pool, Boardwalk, Polynesian. It's the best way enjoy the vacations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom