Grand Floridian vs. Caribbean Beach

Ktcupcake11

HEY EVERYONE!

I just signed up but have been viewing (stalking) this site forever! I am trying to plan a quick weekend in December with my boyfriend. I am an annual passholder so I'm trying to take advantage of the offer they have going on right now for hotels. We just went in September for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon and stayed at the All Star Sports. I'd like to take him to hotel that a little different. I'm stuck between the Grand Floridian and Caribbean Beach. I figured, who better to ask for help with this then everyone here??!!

So any opinions? Pros/Cons? Any help would be great! Thanks :)

mickey2008.1

We just got back sept 20 and stayed at both resorts. They do not comapre at all. CBR used to be our home, but it has gone down hill this past couple of trips. Everything, cleanliness, atmosphere, just overall not good anymore. Now thr Grand Floridian is an amazing place. Service is impeccable. Cleanliness, perfect. Good room size. Turn down service at night. Hidden mikeys everywhere. Three great restaurants. Monorail service, a big plus in my book. Everyone was just so friendly. We always thought this this was a stuffy place, until we stayed here. They even sent us a bottle of champagne with two glasses and a rose for our anniversary. If you can afford it, do it! We will again. Welcome to the boards.:wave:

Upvote 0

travelgip

Definitely, if you can, stay at the GF! It is the absolute best place on property to stay. If you need a moderate, try Port Orleans - I like Riverside section better but French Quarter is nice also, and smaller. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Communicore

Does CBR still have that 80's vibe, that GF had managed to shed? GF used to be 80's and one of my lasting impressions of that resort is that the Beach Boys video for "Kokomo" was shot there which made it really 80's - anyway I haven't stayed in either but GF is such a classy place, CBR seems cheap and it can be argued that is is a glorified value.

Upvote 0

Ktcupcake11

Original Poster
I'm actually leaning towards the GF myself, but its double the price. Is it worth it? I do think it would be cool to walk in the lobby and see/smell the gingerbread house.

Upvote 0

ladydi

We stayed at the GF in December 2009. I loved the resort and would go back in a minute but beware-the lobby is packed in December during the daytime as people visit the gingerbread house. It's a madhouse! Rooms are wonderful and we loved the extra perks like turndown and robes. Try to enjoy the lobby late at night!

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

It is definitely worth the price. Been there in December as well, and it didnt seem that busy, but we were there the 13-19, before the crowds came. I cant say enough about this place. They really know what they are doing there, unlike CBR.

Upvote 0

Ktcupcake11

Original Poster
We are going the weekend of the 9th just for a few days. I'm really excited about going to the MVMCP. I went about 7 yrs ago with family, so it's the first time my BF is going to be there for the holidays. I think I'm def gonna book the GF, it sounds great!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
HEY EVERYONE!

I just signed up but have been viewing (stalking) this site forever! I am trying to plan a quick weekend in December with my boyfriend. I am an annual passholder so I'm trying to take advantage of the offer they have going on right now for hotels. We just went in September for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon and stayed at the All Star Sports. I'd like to take him to hotel that a little different. I'm stuck between the Grand Floridian and Caribbean Beach. I figured, who better to ask for help with this then everyone here??!!

So any opinions? Pros/Cons? Any help would be great! Thanks :)

For me there is no comparison. Grand Floridian. All the way. You will have a Deluxe vs. Moderate experience. You will have access to hopping on and off the monorail when ever you like. Staying at the Grand is just that, Grand. We have several times and once you do, you'll be hooked.

Upvote 0

koryadams

Grand Floridian for many reasons!!!

Giant christmas tree and decorations in lobby with the famous Giant Ginger bread house! and you can go inside and buy treats!!!

Save Carribbean beach for another time

I would hate to see you miss out on those exciting things at Christmas time!

Upvote 0

Ktcupcake11

Original Poster
It's official, we r all booked for the GF! I'm super excited!!!! This is the first year I've gone 4 times. Plus we went to Disneyland back in June!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom