Grand Floridian Villas - semi confirmed?

Brian_WDW74

This permit makes ZERO mention of the Grand floridian NOR DVC...
Calm down peeps, wait til it pans out..it could be it but mousplanet is really spreading this without any proof its for The Grand Floridian

permit found:
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20110218124.pdf?id=DOC781S780.A0&parent=DOC781S780

In the permits filed by Disney, the Grand Floridian expansion is refered to as Project 2011-1. The Stolport project is called Project 2011-1A. While that's not solid evidence that the two are related, it's a strong indication that the Stolport compound is ancillary to the Grand Floridian.

foreverbelle

OK so your going to always have people for and against more DVC property. I suppose as a DVC member it is cool. Dif. But I am not getting all excited about it until its official, final and built.

cbconglom

In the permits filed by Disney, the Grand Floridian expansion is refered to as Project 2011-1. The Stolport project is called Project 2011-1A. While that's not solid evidence that the two are related, it's a strong indication that the Stolport compound is ancillary to the Grand Floridian.

could you expound on what you think this means?

Pioneer Hall

could you expound on what you think this means?

I think the person who posted that was saying that the two items probably have something in common with one another. Since the original paperwork for what we assume to be the villas is 2011-1 and this is 2011-1A it is safe to assume that these two things have something to do with one another. Since this permit looks like it is setting up the field office it doesn't reference the original project, but it's close filing number does make it seem like it would be tied to what we saw originally.

Brian_WDW74

I think the person who posted that was saying that the two items probably have something in common with one another. Since the original paperwork for what we assume to be the villas is 2011-1 and this is 2011-1A it is safe to assume that these two things have something to do with one another. Since this permit looks like it is setting up the field office it doesn't reference the original project, but it's close filing number does make it seem like it would be tied to what we saw originally.

Exactly right. I'll quote our resident permit and construction expert, edwardtc, when I asked about Project 2011-1A in the Permits thread a couple months ago:

edwardtc said:
Yeah, I saw that one too. They usually only build trailer complexes when they will need Construction Management offices. And the fact that they share a project number tells me that we'll probably see a trailer complex at the south end of Stolport, and then the start of the Villas at the GF soon after.

flavious27

I really don't have a problem with this, it is a certainty that disney si going to add as many villa resorts as they can at wdw. With the villas being at gf, I am 99.999% sure that disney is going to do whatever they can that they match the current look and feel of the resort. I think that is what part of the problem people have with blt, that the style is not exactly the same as the contemporary. I wish that disney would rebuild the South Wing into tron inspired, high concept rooms.

Captain Neo

If they start building timeshares at Grand Floridian and Polynesian I think im gonna stop going to WDW and take my business to other Disney resorts and other parks elsewhere. The whole beauty of the WDW resort is getting destroyed just so Disney can make some easy money building timeshare apartments all over there property.

The resort already has alot of problems and this is going to make a bad situation worse.

flavious27

If they start building timeshares at Grand Floridian and Polynesian I think im gonna stop going to WDW and take my business to other Disney resorts and other parks elsewhere. The whole beauty of the WDW resort is getting destroyed just so Disney can make some easy money building timeshare apartments all over there property.

The resort already has alot of problems and this is going to make a bad situation worse.

If they match, it would be the same as the expansions they have done previously except the way that the units are classified. WDW is not a museum or historic site, it will be expanded.

I have created a mockup for adding a dvc area to poly, and like what disney would create, it matched the theme. disney isn't going to just plop a 4 story hotel building that does not fit.

polydvc.png

stitch2008

I don't see why building DCV's would ruin the look of those resorts. I think the Boardwalk, which has both, is very nicely done.

It wouldn't. I think people just hate DVC cause thats all WDW seems to build. I don't really think it would be a problem. But we have to see concept art to know what its really gonna look like.

tecowdw

I'm hoping for Poly-DVC myself

AMEN!! Me too!!
I doubt there's room though without reusing existing buildings. And the Poly has reportedly a pretty high return guest factor so I suspect it would be hard to justify losing rooms in favor of a small DVC complex.

flavious27

AMEN!! Me too!!
I doubt there's room though without reusing existing buildings. And the Poly has reportedly a pretty high return guest factor so I suspect it would be hard to justify losing rooms in favor of a small DVC complex.

Well if poly has that many loyal,return customers, disney can sell dvc membership as a key to an exclusive part of the resort.

Captain Neo

If they match, it would be the same as the expansions they have done previously except the way that the units are classified. WDW is not a museum or historic site, it will be expanded.

Walt Disney World isn't a museum but it isnt supposed to be some timeshare slum either. The whole "not a museum" thing is such a dumb blanket statement to justify every single thing disney does even if its bad. That quote should be used to defend POSTIVE upgrades to the resort like Star Tours II and the reinvestment into downtown disney and not to ruining the beautiful look of the area with more timeshares buildings.

DonaldDoleWhip

Walt Disney World isn't a museum but it isnt supposed to be some timeshare slum either. The whole "not a museum" thing is such a dumb blanket statement to justify every single thing disney does even if its bad. That quote should be used to defend POSTIVE upgrades to the resort like Star Tours II and the reinvestment into downtown disney and not to ruining the beautiful look of the area with more timeshares buildings.
Agreed. There's something incredibly special about the Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake complex. And a lot of that comes from the seemingly untouched woodlands, waterways and stretches of beach. These things mights have been put there by man at one point (I know Bay Lake was there, but SSL was manmade, etc), but the area has a special feel that nowhere else in WDW replicates. Just look at the more recent additions - the entire AK area (excluding the park itself) is very barren, containing more grass fields and roadways than water features. The MK area doesn't need to become that.

Cluttering the shores of the lagoon with even more buildings would really take away a lot of its charm. Enough to negatively influence our WDW vacation patterns, as that's one of the things we love about Grand Floridian.

awilliams4

Apartments huh? I take it you haven't stayed in a 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom or Grand Villa yet.

We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary resort last June, stayed in a 2 Bedroom Beach Club Villa last October, doing a 1 Bedroom at the Boardwalk this June and a split between a 1 Bedroom at the Jambo House and the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge in August and plan to purchase at both the Grand Floridian Villas and some Polynesian points if they ever build there as well.

But you are right, they are just awful, we can't stand staying in these villas. They are just ruining everything!!!!!!! Top Of The World Lounge was terrible, we hated watching the MK Fireworks with wishes piped in while we enjoy some fruity drinks. Worst experience ever!!!

Wow, it seems when some don't get the oppurtunity to enjoy these things they just bash on them instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom