Grand Floridian Villas - semi confirmed?

jmuboy

Original Poster
MouseInfo.com in their WDW update is saying that permits wee filed for a construction trailer facility on the STOL-Port property to support the construction of the Grand Floridian Villas.

Take it for what its worth. The permits were filed last week.

As with BLT, I doubt that Disney will discuss these villas until the construction phase is WELL underway.

Personally, don’t love the idea of more DVC around the MK (or anywhere really until we can get some more progress inside the parks). But I don’t hate the idea enough to get worked up about it either. As much as I still hate the HEIGHT of Bay Lake Tower, the facility itself is cool in that boutique hotel / mid century modern sort of way. All a matter of taste, I understand, as I like that look and design while I am sure just as many do not. The new Grand DVC units will be far enough removed and low enough in height that they really should blend nicely with the current hotel - much the way the units at the Wilderness Lodge do.

Pioneer Hall

I for one am excited to hear about this project. Yes, I am an owner so I am always interested in new places to use my membership...but I think that this project will blend nicely into the rest of the resort and won't be a large eye sore on the shores of the lagoon. I agree that we won't hear about this until the construction is well underway as they did with BLT. With BLT still not sold out, and AKL and SSR with tons of points left they are going to do everything they can to sell those until they start selling the GFV. I for one will be interested in purchasing (depending on cost and the points required for a night) when they do become available.

MarkTwain

Hmm... still having mixed feelings on this, simply because it destroys what I would consider GF's main thematic feature, its beach. But I'll wait until I see some progress before making further judgment.

puntagordabob

As a DVC Member I am always glad to hear of a new place to stay at.....

...But our main home resort being BLT@CR we already stay a lot where we like to stay :)

Figment1986

They could very well break ground and start building and NOT say a thing till they were ready to start selling... look at BLT ;)

DisneyJoe

Personally, don’t love the idea of more DVC around the MK (or anywhere really until we can get some more progress inside the parks).

DVC has its own budget that is completely separate from the parks budget - so building DVC doesn't take anything away from the parks.

devoy1701

DVC has its own budget that is completely separate from the parks budget - so building DVC doesn't take anything away from the parks.

true. but increasing the Number of DVCs available near MK is going to increase the number of people that have easy access to that park...and the crowds at that park are already unbearable most of the time. FLE should help out a bit though!

Pioneer Hall

true. but increasing the Number of DVCs available near MK is going to increase the number of people that have easy access to that park...and the crowds at that park are already unbearable most of the time. FLE should help out a bit though!

I don't think it would make any sort of noticeable difference to the attendance at the MK. From what it seems, this is going to be a pretty small building...somewhere in the size of the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Also, these are people who for the most part were probably already fairly frequent Disney visitors who were going to visit the resort and the MK regardless of which resort they were staying at. The only difference I see in the area, which was the same as BLT, is that more people will be using the transportation system. There will be added strain on the monorails, boats, and buses as an expansion to any resort capacity would have.

majortom1981

hmm

Keep in mind this could also be for the poly with all the rumours of the poly being redone . Nevermind the linked to pdf shows all work for the grand floridian.

I also have a feeling that points will be higher for each room if you base it on the grand californian points.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Pumbas, you going to be able to fly in a few days with the volcanic ash?

I'm trying not to tempt fate, but the Met office forecast is optimistic for the south clearing by Thursday.
But Im outside flapping sheets of card toward the skys hoping to make a difference. We both need this break so would be gutted to cancel as well struggle to fit in a reschedule.

PhilharMagician

I'm trying not to tempt fate, but the Met office forecast is optimistic for the south clearing by Thursday.
But Im outside flapping sheets of card toward the skys hoping to make a difference. We both need this break so would be gutted to cancel as well struggle to fit in a reschedule.

Good luck and keep fanning!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom