Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

ToTBellHop

This does explain why there is a relatively-large security screening area being constructed near the small west boat dock at the MK entrance:

magic-kingdom-entrance-changes-monorail-after-1024x690.jpg

I presume this will also be for walkers.

tl77

This does explain why there is a relatively-large security screening area being constructed near the small west boat dock at the MK entrance:

Is that the dock for the little "open air boats"? Took one of those small boats from Wilderness Lodge to MK last summer, the security area was tiny, but very fast

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If only. Property should be much more walk/run/bike accessible than it is.
It would be nice, but I doubt usage would be enough to offset the cost to build and maintain given the publics typical reaction to any two locations at WDW located more than a couple hundred feet apart.

Kamikaze

It would be nice, but I doubt usage would be enough to offset the cost to build and maintain given the publics typical reaction to any two locations at WDW located more than a couple hundred feet apart.

Oh, no doubt, and Disney doesn't want to have guests walking near roads anyway. But there are other places on property like MK-GF that can connect with a sidewalk pretty easily without too much fuss. Such as CBR to Pop-AoA.

ToTBellHop

Is that the dock for the little "open air boats"? Took one of those small boats from Wilderness Lodge to MK last summer, the security area was tiny, but very fast
Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness use the middle dock. When in use, west is for the dinghies from Poly or the Grand.

Kingoglow

That area past the docks for boats going to the GF and Poly, should have been the designated smoking area.

SomeInternetGuy

It's kinda irrelevant now, as Disney has already confirmed the existence of this walkway, but the application documents for this permit were finally uploaded into the system this morning. There's a brief bit of email correspondence that confirms the walkway and bridge, and the documents also contain the construction period for the project, putting the "compltion date" at the end of 2020 - so this might be ready for the busy holiday season on 2020 or it might not open until early 2021. I've included screenshots below, or you can download the documents yourself here:

http://prodenv.dep.state.fl.us/DepNexus/public/electronic-documents/FLR20CZ26/facility!search

baE6uEY.png

vlZTiOs.png

SomeInternetGuy

One more noteworthy tidbit... The e-mail correspondence from the permit application mentioned an "RCID Address Finder" - I'd never heard of that before and it sounded interesting so I went digging to see if I could find it, and sure enough, it's a really snazzy little tool. It already has the information for this project loaded into it and confirms that there will be two new bridges - a stationary bridge crossing the small canal near the Sago Cay GF building, and then a large swing bridge crossing the canal that's used for the water pageant and riverboat maintenance.

f2NiYZ5.png

7m1pyEE.png

GR0XXFq.png

Below is a link to the tool. @danlb_2000, I'm sure you'll have some fun with it, assuming it's new to you. You can zoom and and get the address of basically every structure across Disney property, even all the individual Epcot kiosks, haha.

https://rcid.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s2.html?appid=ea296a2e5e274cf2856d5cb450c3a96b

Last edited:

msteel

It's kinda irrelevant now, as Disney has already confirmed the existence of this walkway, but the application documents for this permit were finally uploaded into the system this morning. There's a brief bit of email correspondence that confirms the walkway and bridge, and the documents also contain the construction period for the project, putting the "compltion date" at the end of 2020 - so this might be ready for the busy holiday season on 2020 or it might not open until early 2021. I've included screenshots below, or you can download the documents yourself here:

http://prodenv.dep.state.fl.us/DepNexus/public/electronic-documents/FLR20CZ26/facility!search

baE6uEY.png

Interesting that the the screenshot from the "Reedy Creek Address Finder" web site appears to be centered on the area west of Floridian Way and south of Maple road. Not exactly where I would expect the path to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom