Grand Floridian Spa closing

TomHendricks

You may want to still consider the spa at Saratoga Springs. It is way nicer then the spa at the Contemporary. Just saying, you should consider it. It is well worth the little hassle of getting there.

I've been on hold and transferred around for about 10 minutes. I just got conformation that it is indeed being closed. She was actually shocked that I had called so quickly to confirm that it was indeed closing. I'm currently on hold trying to move the reservations to the Contemporary. :(

I love how the one thing on Disney property that I would normally not ever care about has really affected my plans. Oh well here's to last minute changes. I was dreading having to figure out a way to get everyone to Saratoga Springs or somewhere like that. At least with the Contemporary resort it's a fairly quick ride on the monorail.

oh well.:shrug:

mickeyfan1962

I can confirm that the Grand Floridian Spa will be closing on September 14 for 18-20 months while the new DVC is being built. The plan is to bus GF guests to other hotels if they wish to have spa treatments.

SeaCastle

I can confirm that the Grand Floridian Spa will be closing on September 14 for 18-20 months while the new DVC is being built. The plan is to bus GF guests to other hotels if they wish to have spa treatments.

Bus? They're too cheap to send them by monorail? :rolleyes:

:lookaroun

DonaldDoleWhip

When the going gets tough, Disney adds more bus routes. :mad:

Thanks for the info. I certainly wouldn't want to be staying at GF with all this construction going on.

MarkTwain

As long as this part is true, I'll be happy.

It's sad that the Grand Floridian has had two major perks that elevate it to a level above all the others on property - its beach and its spa - and both may soon be absent from the hotel.

llrain

Do the Saratoga Springs Spa, its better than the Grand Floridian's

I certainly hope this is not true.

I understand the need for improvements and re-refurbishments, and I've seen the posts with people upset that something will be closed while they are on their trip. But I happen to be in this boat right now.

I've been saving for 2 + years for a trip I've been calling super trip. 8 Days at the Poly with all the bells and whistles I could muster up. I plan on proposing to my girlfriend on the first of October with her parents and my parents flying down as a surprise. and I booked a spa treatment for all the ladies which cost a pretty penny and I have all my plans based around this. I don't want to re-plan out my entire proposal that I have been trying to make perfect for a year.

sksowell

Great to hear this is only temporary. Guess they didn't think the sounds of hammers would help the ambiance. :)

prncsintrng

I certainly hope this is not true.

I understand the need for improvements and re-refurbishments, and I've seen the posts with people upset that something will be closed while they are on their trip. But I happen to be in this boat right now.

I've been saving for 2 + years for a trip I've been calling super trip. 8 Days at the Poly with all the bells and whistles I could muster up. I plan on proposing to my girlfriend on the first of October with her parents and my parents flying down as a surprise. and I booked a spa treatment for all the ladies which cost a pretty penny and I have all my plans based around this. I don't want to re-plan out my entire proposal that I have been trying to make perfect for a year.

Although your plans are beautiful and most of us will feel a little bad for you that they have to change, why don't you take five minutes to think about the individuals who are about to lose their jobs due to this construction plan. The Spa employs probably 100+ people who most likely will be out of work. Most are probably struggling to survive as it is and will now go on unemployment.

So I know this is a huge inconvenience to you and your upcoming proposal, but it can be fixed almost immediately by going to the Saratoga Springs Spa or any other location for a luxury service. But while you are making your reservation thru a Niki Bryan cast member, please be kind cause it may just be one of the people who will be out of work in a week or so.:)

peter11435

Although your plans are beautiful and most of us will feel a little bad for you that they have to change, why don't you take five minutes to think about the individuals who are about to lose their jobs due to this construction plan. The Spa employs probably 100+ people who most likely will be out of work. Most are probably struggling to survive as it is and will now go on unemployment.

So I know this is a huge inconvenience to you and your upcoming proposal, but it can be fixed almost immediately by going to the Saratoga Springs Spa or any other location for a luxury service. But while you are making your reservation thru a Niki Bryan cast member, please be kind cause it may just be one of the people who will be out of work in a week or so.:)

:hurl:

dave&di

We're staying at the GF Sept 2012 :( Any preditions of the mess I will be staying in? We've booked Lagoon view, I was hoping for 'Boca Chica'. Will we be overlooking a construction site? How far in advance can we transfer? Will it cost us?

majortom1981

Well that will be offset by the prob more then 100 plus jobs the construction of the dvc part will create. Also thats not counting how many of those spa jobs will be just moved to other disney spas in the other hotels.

peter11435

That seems a selfish and arrogant statement. Apparently you don't have much empathy for the plight of others. I feel sorry for you.
This has nothing to do with my "empathy for the plight of others." I feel for those who may be out of a job. Although lets be clear that there has been no confirmation as of yet that anyone will lose their job over this.

However there is no reason for this poster to come on here and make a post that essentially was designed to make him feel bad for worrying about how this will affect what may be one of the most important days of his life.

Kamikaze

Sorry, but thats not his problem. He didn't hire them, he was in fact trying to continue their employment by using their services. He doesn't have anything to 'think' about. This has to do with the DVC construction, and nothing can be done about that.

orky8

Welcome to the forums... Interesting choice of a first post.

What about the hundreds of people who will now have jobs doing the construction and manufacturing the construction materials and equipment, and will then have jobs at the new DVC wing, selling it, cleaning it, maintaining it, etc.

I just hope he's not planning on using conflict diamonds mined by a 5 year old orphan in South Africa...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've been on hold and transferred around for about 10 minutes. I just got conformation that it is indeed being closed. She was actually shocked that I had called so quickly to confirm that it was indeed closing. I'm currently on hold trying to move the reservations to the Contemporary. :(

I love how the one thing on Disney property that I would normally not ever care about has really affected my plans. Oh well here's to last minute changes. I was dreading having to figure out a way to get everyone to Saratoga Springs or somewhere like that. At least with the Contemporary resort it's a fairly quick ride on the monorail.

oh well.:shrug:
The preliminary information we are currently receiving is that Disney will be arranging transportation from the monorail resorts to SSR. I have not experienced it myself, but I have had several clients and friends tell me that the SSR spas is the best on property. If you are going to move your reservations, I would move them there. Absolute worst case scenario is that you will need to take a cab. If you want to plus it a bit skip the cab and the Disney transportation and go with a limo. Limo's is the Disney area are plentiful and relatively affordable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom