Grand Floridian questions

orangefan15

Okay, staying at GF from Dec. 5-12...booked a lagoon view room. Are there any standard lagoon view rooms in the main building, or are they only in the outlying buidlings? If there are, do they have a view of the MK or just the lagoon? I'd really prefer to be in the main building, but where would you recommend requesting a lagoon view room?

Marijil

Hi Orange,

I'll be just missing you (leaving on 1st). I think main bldg is concierge only.... I think Boca Chica has best MK views...

6/02 FW Cabins
11/01 Polynesian
11/00 Dixie
11/99 Port Orleans
1/99 FW Cabins
1/97 Dixie
10/95 Wilderness Home
6/94 Wilderness Lodge (grand opening)
11/92 Honeymoon at Disney Inn
7/88 Contemporary

Upvote 0

orangefan15

Original Poster
thanks, that was one of the best games i've seen in a while...sad part is, without the mistakes, we would've won the game long before we did, as it was, the win was mostly luck

Upvote 0
Orangefan, I will be looking for you in the orange at Floridian, as you instructed..:animwink:

This is our first stay at GF, and we are very confused with the room situation. We stayed at the Boardwalk garden suites last year. The suite was a cool thing, and we basically got upgraded to it. We were really trying to stay in a similar set-up at the GF, but no one could really counsel us on it. We are in a basic room at this point, but with an eleven day stay, kinda looking for an upgrade of some sort. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by orangefan15
Okay, staying at GF from Dec. 5-12...booked a lagoon view room. Are there any standard lagoon view rooms in the main building, or are they only in the outlying buidlings? If there are, do they have a view of the MK or just the lagoon? I'd really prefer to be in the main building, but where would you recommend requesting a lagoon view room?

We've never stayed in the main building but let me give you an opinion of the outlying buildings based on our experiences.

We've stayed in rooms #8523,8525 and 8527. This is Building 8, floor 5 which is the top floor in that building. This building is directly behind the pool bar and it faces the Contemporary hotel. You can see the top half of Cinderella Castle clearly, most of the lagoon, the fireworks from your balcony and the nightly water show.... However, a word of warning. The Pine trees planted along side of this building are growing in leaps and bounds and were beginning to obstruct the view of even the very top floors of the hotel...many of the lower floor rooms should be labeled 'tree' view instead of lagoon view cuz the trees interrupt the site line nearly 100% in some rooms.

We also stayed on the top floor of building 7 facing the Magic Kingdom. This is the building nearest the boat launch. I liked this view except we weren't able to see the nightly water show from our balcony, a small inconvenience given the proximity to the boat launch.

Building 9 is next to Building 8 but further away from the Magic Kingdom and closer to the Polynesian. We've never stayed in this building but notice that there are few if any pine trees next to it so that the lagoon view would be clear.

I hope some of this helps. If you aren't satisfied with your room, complain immediately. The Disney staff bends over backwards for ya if ya give them a chance. They may not be able to change your room immediately especially if you have a week stay but they'll do their best to move you as soon as possible.

Upvote 0

orangefan15

Original Poster
Originally posted by doombuggy1983
Orangefan, I will be looking for you in the orange at Floridian, as you instructed..:animwink:

This is our first stay at GF, and we are very confused with the room situation. We stayed at the Boardwalk garden suites last year. The suite was a cool thing, and we basically got upgraded to it. We were really trying to stay in a similar set-up at the GF, but no one could really counsel us on it. We are in a basic room at this point, but with an eleven day stay, kinda looking for an upgrade of some sort. :veryconfu

Doom, I wouldn't bet on getting an upgrade. From what I've been told by CRO, GF is booked at least part of the time we're there (5th-12th).

Upvote 0
Well, that would bite. I've wanted to stay at Boardwalk, but wife insists on GF, due to it's flagship status. From reading the post before yours, I wonder how many buildings this joint has? Which is good, which is bad? :hammer: I don't want to be stuck out in the north 40 away from everything. I'm looking forward to being there in a few weeks, but am very wary of the GF at this point.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

You're welcome.

Have a great time. No matter what happens, remember
You are in Disney World and
I am not :(

(I grew up in Illinois--went to U of I and got a husband there!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom