Grand Floridian First Timer

WishIWasAtWDW

I am going to WDW Feb 8 - 15 and I am staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time. Does anyone have any reviews about the resort? And I am especially interested in how efficient the bus systems and monorail are. I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian so I am really excited to finally get the chance. The 3 free nights deal was a great opportunity for us to stay at a rather expensive hotel and really get our money's worth out of the deal! :)

Tom

Beta Return
I am going to WDW Feb 8 - 15 and I am staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time. Does anyone have any reviews about the resort? And I am especially interested in how efficient the bus systems and monorail are. I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian so I am really excited to finally get the chance. The 3 free nights deal was a great opportunity for us to stay at a rather expensive hotel and really get our money's worth out of the deal! :)

You are going to LOVE IT!!!

Bus service is pretty good to AK, DTD and DHS. And the monorail is....well...the monorail. If you want to go to the MK or Epcot, you will have to take the monorail resort loop. But, you're going when there will be minimal crowds, so your waits should be very bearable.

As for the resort itself - how can you go wrong?!?

And you're right, the 3 for 4 deal is a STEAL!

Hava a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I will be anxiously awaiting your trip report. We are staying at Grand Floridian this summer also taking advantage of the 4/3 offer. I waited too long to get the same deal at Poly so we opted for Grand Floridian.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

We were there Dec 30th - Jan 3rd.

Monorail was easy and regular. buses were only used a couple of times but no waits more than 5-10 minutes. Re EPCOT - there is no bus service in either direction - you have to go by monorail.

The resort itself was beautiful, staff very efficient and nothing was too much trouble.

Upvote 0

chaggy102

Without a doubt my favorite resort to stay at. One tip...take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom (because it's one stop) then take the boat back (once again one stop)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My sister-in-law stayed there on her honeymoon a few years ago & it is her favorite WDW resort.
We have eaten at some of the restaurants & have attended a few special activities at the GF - we had to use the buses & monorail transporation systems & we had good service when it came to each.

:wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We stayed here on our honeymoon and are going back. This year is our 5th Anniversary - along with my husbands bday so we are treating this as a special Anniversary trip along with his bday! You are going to LOVE it! Make sure to plan some non park days to stay at this gorgeous resort! The monorail is great and the buses are good too. Just keep in mind this is a popular destination for guests, not only for those who are staying there - you have 1900 Park as well - so be prepared for some crowds but you are going at a great time. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

durangojim

The resort is beautiful, you'll have a great time. Also don't forget that you can take a small boat to and from the GF to MK. It can be very relaxing and romantic in the evening to do so. Also, there are two pools so check them both out, one has a slide and the other is larger. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Harptattoo

We went for our honeymoon back in '95 and really loved it! We make a point of visiting the resort each time we have been back since! Narcoosee's is a great place for a great romatic dinner with an exceptional water view and right on site at the GF. Try to time the reservation to be there during the sunset and you will not be disapointed. We did 13 years ago and I still can remember that meal! We stayed in Boca Chica water view and loved it. The resort is absolutely beautiful. My only argument against it is that it feels a little stuffy/uppity at times which isn't much of an argument. As for the transportation to and from the MK and EPCOT by monorail is unbelievably convenient. The boat ride is also a quick way back from the MK and as durangojim said quite romantic. If you time it correctly and wishes is starting as you get on the boat the driver may park out on the water for the show. We had that happen at our last visit in 07 when we satyed at the Poly and it was awesome. The busses back when we stayed there were never crowded and very frequent. You will not be disappointed with you trip to the GF!!!! I hope the weather is good as we will be at the POR for the same week that you will be down there!!! Hope you have a Blast!

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

I think I am the only one who didn't like the GF. :lol:

The staff is nice and all that, the room was nice and was always clean nothing was out of sort in that way.

It was just waaaay too stuffed shirt for me, I live on an Island, so the Island barefoot girl in me just didnt like the fancy gown length clothes you saw so many people wearing, suits, pinky in the air feel of the whole place. My husband said he felt like he was on the Titanic, he kept saying "ICCEEEBURG!!!" :lol:
But the Poly, now, that's my style! Aloha nui loa!

Upvote 0

PolyneisanAlex

I think I am the only one who didn't like the GF. :lol:

The staff is nice and all that, the room was nice and was always clean nothing was out of sort in that way.

It was just waaaay too stuffed shirt for me, I live on an Island, so the Island barefoot girl in me just didnt like the fancy gown length clothes you saw so many people wearing, suits, pinky in the air feel of the whole place. My husband said he felt like he was on the Titanic, he kept saying "ICCEEEBURG!!!" :lol:
But the Poly, now, that's my style! Aloha nui loa!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Thats so true:lol:

Upvote 0

redkoala245

Great choice!! :D You are so lucky you got the 4 nights 3 for free thing. I wish I did that but… well it didn't work out for me. Anyways it is really quick to get to the parks. Rooms are nice. Great restaurants in there. Great service. It is amazing. And the days you are staying are not that bad. :)

Upvote 0

Frosty689

GF is the most impressive resort I've ever seen. I've been to Disney World 24 times, and this past trip was the first trip I actually got to explore the entire resort. The main lobby is of course breath taking but the way the entire resort is laid out is equally as impressive. Theres nothing like the atmosphere of relaxing in the hot tub and enjoying the sights and sounds.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

Since you're saving so much, try talking your other half into V&A's. It is absolutely the perfect evening and totally worth the buckets of $$:slurp:

Upvote 0

Luige11

Ive been going to the grand since 1996 and never stayed anywhere else expect the pop but never again ill be staying at the grand June 10th-17. Trust me you will have a great time.

Upvote 0

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
so excited

thanks for all the info about the grand floridian! i am getting so excited. my trip is only 20 days away now and i am very happy we are staying at the grand floridian. the magic kingdom is my favorite park and i love being able to ride the monorail. keep the reviews coming!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom