Grand Fiesta Tour Show Quality

Phineas

Sounds like poor show is creeping into the Mexico Pavilion...
Yeah...the large screen was shut off at the beginning of the attraction on Friday, and the two children in the fiesta scene playing the xylophone on the right side before the scene’s end weren’t moving either.

Whatever happens to Gran Fiesta Tour, I hope the Three Caballeros always have their own attraction. They’re my favorite characters, and those animatronics are too charming to go back into storage.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Yeah...the large screen was shut off at the beginning of the attraction on Friday, and the two children in the fiesta scene playing the xylophone on the right side before the scene’s end weren’t moving either.

Whatever happens to Gran Fiesta Tour, I hope the Three Caballeros always have their own attraction. They’re my favorite characters, and those animatronics are too charming to go back into storage.

I wonder who'd be in charge of that. Does every pavilion have its own general manager? Is there a general manager for all of world showcase? Is there a president of Epcot? Very mysterious.

TrainsOfDisney

Always interesting what gets green lit and what doesn’t. It’s obvious this was in the plans, since it’s on the Epcot model at D23 / Epcot experience. Of all the things to get cut... why this?

Not that it’s a big disappointment to me. It just seems easier / cheaper than some of the things that got greenlit.

General Mayhem

Always interesting what gets green lit and what doesn’t. It’s obvious this was in the plans, since it’s on the Epcot model at D23 / Epcot experience. Of all the things to get cut... why this?

Not that it’s a big disappointment to me. It just seems easier / cheaper than some of the things that got greenlit.
Probably because the park already has too many attractions/pavilions closed for remodel or removal. Gran Fiesta Tour is a high capacity attraction that still pulls in healthy crowds, so why focus on something that doesn't need the attention at the moment?

TrainsOfDisney

Probably because the park already has too many attractions/pavilions closed for remodel or removal. Gran Fiesta Tour is a high capacity attraction that still pulls in healthy crowds, so why focus on something that doesn't need the attention at the moment?

Possibly. It seems they could have closed it after Rat opens. I’m sure it was mostly a $$$ decision.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Behind the scenes discussions and certain obstructions that became apparent. One thing led to another and it wasn’t workable in the proposed form.

Homemade Imagineering

How about the "show quality" today? They massacred my boy, and then left a memorial for him made of baskets of fruit.
It doesn’t seem to be a very major malfunction, assuming he only has one pneumatic cylinder controlling his body lean movement, they can fix it up pretty quickly. I’m assuming this was an air pressure issue since this isn’t the first time this malfunction has happened with that specific figure.

skip to 5:28

Last edited:

peter11435

It doesn’t seem to be a very major malfunction, assuming he only has one pneumatic cylinder controlling his body lean movement, they can fix it up pretty quickly. I’m assuming this was an air pressure issue since this isn’t the first time this malfunction has happened with that specific figure.

skip to 5:28

This is most likely a hydraulic function.

P_Radden

The cart behind the dancing boy used to spin its wheels with the fiber optic lights on them. Haven't seen them functioning on my last couple trips. Still love this attraction and it's still one of my all time WDW favorites- glad the Coco overlay isn't happening. Hope this ride can get some simple TLC.... and someone please turn the fireworks sound effects back on already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom