Grand Fiesta Tour Show Quality

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I suspect the capacity is truly needed now more than ever. Otherwise all the guests who would be riding get displaced back into a park that already needs all the space it can get for distancing.
Agreed. But they already have a B mode. Unless the AAs are back today it would have taken hours to set up a screen and projector overnight. I could’ve set it up in hours.

yensidtlaw1969

Agreed. But they already have a B mode. Unless the AAs are back today it would have taken hours to set up a screen and projector overnight. I could’ve set it up in hours.
Indeed - My first guess was that they went to test the B Mode and found the projector bulb had blown, or something, and it was gonna take more time than desirable to fix. Maybe they had to wait for a shipment. Would be weird, but not impossible.

It doesn't take a lot to print out some cutouts like this and get busy with a jigsaw, but I *have* to think they only went to the trouble because they got caught in the middle of something going ridiculously sideways and this was the shortest distance between them and running the thing.

Hopefully in the next few days we see a serious uptick in show quality - even if that just means using the intended B show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Indeed - My first guess was that they went to test the B Mode and found the projector bulb had blown, or something, and it was gonna take more time than desirable to fix. Maybe they had to wait for a shipment. Would be weird, but not impossible.

It doesn't take a lot to print out some cutouts like this and get busy with a jigsaw, but I *have* to think they only went to the trouble because they got caught in the middle of something going ridiculously sideways and this was the shortest distance between them and running the thing.

Hopefully in the next few days we see a serious uptick in show quality - even if that just means using the intended B show.
I’ll give it a pass if something substantive replaces this by weekends end. Although if they can’t find a spare projector in Epcot - or WDW - something is very very wrong.

Maybe I’ll remind them Horizons had a complete third Omnimax projector on permanent dry hire. Just in case.

Movielover

I’ll give it a pass if something substantive replaces this by weekends end. Although if they can’t find a spare projector in Epcot - or WDW - something is very very wrong.

Maybe I’ll remind them Horizons had a complete third Omnimax projector on permanent dry hire. Just in case.
Woah woah woah, calm down there Thomas Edison! They just can't summon a... what are we dealing with here? A 10' x 10' screen? They just can't find a projector to fit that space willy-nilly. Sure we have spare Omnimax projectors coming out the wazoo but It's going to take a pretty penny for R&D to come up with a solution to this one!

;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Woah woah woah, calm down there Thomas Edison! They just can't summon a... what are we dealing with here? A 10' x 10' screen? They just can't find a projector to fit that space willy-nilly. Sure we have spare Omnimax projectors coming out the wazoo but It's going to take a pretty penny for R&D to come up with a solution to this one!

;)
I know. Silly me. It’s not like the sequence wasn’t just added in isolation to the rest of the ride and ran independently of the ride control system.

Movielover

I know. Silly me. It’s not like the sequence wasn’t just added in isolation to the rest of the ride and ran independently of the ride control system.
Wait I thought those AA's were a integral part of the structure and could not be removed from the mountain... I mean temple so easily?

;)

The_Jobu

Original Poster
I realize this comment is weeks old, but is Chef Mickey's really worse than Tony's Town Square? I didn't think it was possible to make chicken parmesan inedible, but they managed to do it there. If Chef Mickey's is worse, that's just impressive.
I thought pizzarizzo was the number one?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Was creating new cardboard cutouts seriously less effort than just fixing the AAs?
D'Amaro is taking notes. Next we'll be seeing this:
Saxton-Horne-Yeti-built.jpg

pop up overnight in Everest, albeit painted brown

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom