Gran Fiesta Tour - New Animatronics

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You realize the freak out would have been more insane: “OMG! Disney removed the AAs and went back to the movie! What happened? Are the AAs removed permanently?!!! OMG! OMG!”
That's a fair point... For the regulars.

But for the first timers who have never been before? It really sucks. Animation scene would have been better. They don't want people to freak out? Then literally make an announcement that they're being refurbished.

JohnD

That's a fair point... For the regulars.

But for the first timers who have never been before? It really sucks. Animation scene would have been better. They don't want people to freak out? Then literally make an announcement that they're being refurbished.

it may be time for the Far Side Damned if they do, Damned if they don’t cartoon. Whatever they did, they would be criticized.

1. Cardboard cutouts? Should have left empty stage.
2. Movie? Freak out as already mentioned.
3. Closed for refurbishment. Great another refurb. It’s not like Epcot isn’t closed down enough already.

WondersOfLife

it may be time for the Far Side Damned if they do, Damned if they don’t cartoon. Whatever they did, they would be criticized.

1. Cardboard cutouts? Should have left empty stage.
2. Movie? Freak out as already mentioned.
3. Closed for refurbishment. Great another refurb. It’s not like Epcot isn’t closed down enough already.
Rightly so. Disney put themselves in their position... Years of misguidance in the parks lead to the expectations you addressed. It's on them. Let 'em suffer a bit.

Personally, though, I stand on the "anything is better than cardboard cutouts" side of things.

JohnD

Rightly so. Disney put themselves in their position... Years of misguidance in the parks lead to the expectations you addressed. It's on them. Let 'em suffer a bit.

Personally, though, I stand on the "anything is better than cardboard cutouts" side of things.

I understand your point about the end. However, the entire ride still promotes Mexico in a fun way. They probably weighed that as a reason to keep the ride open. Instead of the cutouts, perhaps a sign before the queue saying the birds are taking a siesta but we have a video clip of a recent performance until they are back.

WondersOfLife

I understand your point about the end. However, the entire ride still promotes Mexico in a fun way. They probably weighed that as a reason to keep the ride open. Instead of the cutouts, perhaps a sign before the queue saying the birds are taking a siesta but we have a video clip of a recent performance until they are back.
Closing the ride would not be the correct thing to do. Neither is cardboard cutouts. Your sign idea makes the most sense... Plus the video ending.

JohnD

That's the equivalent to Disney admitting fault. "We goofed, watch this video to see what it's supposed to look like...!?" Yeah, I don't think Disney would do that. Flats may not be ideal but it's still better than nothing, in lieu of AAs or a screen.

The video was the original version before the AAs. I have no opinion on the cutouts. Just saying the cutouts wouldn’t necessarily be better.

TheOrangeBird01

I genuinely do not understand what all the fuss is about. I'd much rather three cutouts of the Caballeros than one or more of them missing, a bush, or whatever kind of filler they come up with. The animatronics have been breaking down consistently for quite a while now, HOPEFULLY this is a sign of them being fixed, but wow I can't believe the reaction!

I find the cutouts kind of charming. Again, personal opinion, but it sure is better than a bush with a hat on it!

Clover Bailey

I'm just picturing something like this happening on a ride that actually uses animatronics fully... Imagine the Haunted Mansion but a few of the AAs were getting refurbished and were replaced with caricaturised cardboard cut-outs

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I'm starting to feel that once most of EPCOT's other new attractions are done (Guardians, Remy, whatever they're doing under Spaceship Earth) are done, they're going to announce a Coco overlay. Calling it now. Besides, just swap the videos in the town that have Caballeros, install 2/3 new AAs in the finale, new music and boom! Coco

Clover Bailey

I'm starting to feel that once most of EPCOT's other new attractions are done (Guardians, Remy, whatever they're doing under Spaceship Earth) are done, they're going to announce a Coco overlay. Calling it now. Besides, just swap the videos in the town that have Caballeros, install 2/3 new AAs in the finale, new music and boom! Coco
I honestly feel like Coco wouldn't really work replacing Gran Fiesta Tour. If they planned a new version of the ride at all, there's just no way they could handle the capacity for massive queues in that pavilion. Also, I don't think Coco ever had much potential as a refurb, mainly because the film's plot and setting doesn't translate well to a dark ride and would probably be disappointing. Honestly I'd say the best bet is to simply update the Gran Fiesta Tour with new scenes and AAs to keep it fresh. In my opinion, it works fine as a nice boat ride with a short wait and starring the classic bird trio.

aladdin2007

I honestly feel like Coco wouldn't really work replacing Gran Fiesta Tour. If they planned a new version of the ride at all, there's just no way they could handle the capacity for massive queues in that pavilion. Also, I don't think Coco ever had much potential as a refurb, mainly because the film's plot and setting doesn't translate well to a dark ride and would probably be disappointing. Honestly I'd say the best bet is to simply update the Gran Fiesta Tour with new scenes and AAs to keep it fresh. In my opinion, it works fine as a nice boat ride with a short wait and starring the classic bird trio.

agree, I think the majority of the building would have to be gutted and redesigned on the inside, for a workable cocoa ride to handle the masses, which I believe they looked at to some degree. I love The Three Caballeros I just wish it would get some true love all the way through and upkeep. In my personal dream world however moving it to the Brazil Pavilion were not going to get would have been perfect.

Biff215

Geeze, just open the dang curtain for the time being ..:rolleyes:

I completely agree, but maybe that screen was pulled out when they added the AA’s? Knowing Disney they probably scrapped it thinking they would never need it. It’s a shame as it’s a perfectly acceptable “B” mode.

The cutouts aren’t the end of the world for me since they’re saying the figures will be back. But for those who know what was there originally, it just doesn’t make much sense.

Brer Oswald

It was scrapped.
People keep trying to push it like it’s still happening. So to set the record straight, was it scrapped “permanently” or postponed “indefinitely”? I figure even if it was postponed, it wouldn’t be relevant when it opens, however that shouldn’t matter (but you know it does for the suits).

Brer Oswald

It would probably be a simple character swap at best. Which makes even less sense considering Three Caballeros takes place in real life Mexico, and Coco takes place in the animated Land of the Dead (as well as a short bit in animated Pixar Mexico).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom