Got to ride Mission: Space!

Ryan

"It's not the ride itself that's making people sick, Jim. It's that giant Gravity Wheel with the Space Simulation Lab sitting on it. That's all that the guests can see when they're standing out in the pre-show area, waiting in the queue. They go through the line looking at this 35 foot tall room, standing on its side, as it spins 'round and 'round and 'round."

That's exactally what I said in my original post! I'm glad someone else is paying attention in there. Staring at that wheel for 40 minutes was more sickening than riding Body Wars. (now that's sickening!)

Maria

Originally posted by Ryan
Any new reviews?

Unfortunately, you won´t get one from me until most likely, next year... I doubt it will be sooner than that... :(

In the meantime, I just thought I would bump this thread to see if someone else posts another one, before they start a new thread for that! :D

:animwink:

GrumpysGal

OK, since M:S has been open for a few weeks now, can someone overall determine the usual time intervals M:S is usually open? :confused:

(I get a little scared sometimes, so just in case...Please don't bite my head off for this question. LOL I am sorry if it has been discussed before.) LOL :p

But, if anyone can spare 2 minutes to help me out, I will really appreciate it!!

You guys are the BEST! Thanks!!:sohappy:

*Erika*

Passport

In past few times I have been to Epcot I noticed it was open in the evenings. You can always tell from a distance because there are 10-20 people sitting outside near the gift shop waiting for their friends/family to get off the ride. Lots of mothers and strollers and large people, which I can understand since I think the seats are smaller than an airplanes.

Dr Albert Falls

It was open this entire weekend (July 19-20) from 1pm to close. It appears to be running every day for 8 hours (just one shift of CMs)

Keep in mind that there are several "private preview" events scheduled in the coming weeks (like the AP preview Aug 1-3). So riding is never a sure thing.

The_CEO

I was there for the week of the CM Previews. Lucky we i rode the days before hehe. Im an AP and couldnt attend the " Private" Event

DVCgirl49

Indeed it was open this past weekend from 1pm-close. I wandered over on Thursday and it was open but they were only letting CM's in. Saturday we went into the MS store and the CM told us it was to be open for previews that afternoon. It was great! I went on the single rider line, so the wait was less than 5 min. The regular line was about 45 min long. Walking thru the room and looking at the gravity wheel even for only a few seconds was a little nauseating! But the rest of it was awesome!

DVCgirl49

I think it's because it's so large and has lots of things to look at in it. You try to focus on something in one of the rooms in the wheel, but it's moving.

esqteam

Rode it....

I was very skeptical of the ride summaries and the opening times, but it was all true! We rode Mission: Space last Thursday, July 17. We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations and I posted some messages in the off-site hotels. This may or may not confirm to some people that I was in Orlando, FL.

Reading some of the summaries I figured I wanted to get to Mission: Space around 2-3pm. We went to Magic Kingdom first. In MK, I asked a Cast Member and he told me only about 10-15 people are allowed in at a time. This scared me, so off we went to Epcot.

Riding the monorail in gives you a great view of MS. It is right next to Test Track and from the monorail I could see that people were being allowed in to MS. I yelled it in the monorail. I was so freaked that by the time me and my wife got there it would be closed.

Nope, we made it in. Wow, what an awesome spectacle. I wish I could have enjoyed it more, but I wanted to make sure we got in. I asked a Cast Member what time they opened and they said 1pm, but that the ride can close at any time.

The Gravity Wheel is interesting, but doesn't stand out. The murals of astronauts was pretty cool, but than it got fake with the futurisitic people in space (e.g., first family in space).

The ride is definitely not for everyone. It is an awesome experience, but for me a one timer only. The rocket blast off, thruster burns, and landing are all similar to the movie Armageddon. People leaving MS who do not feel good can go to the First Aid location and rest in cots for free. The First Aid location was between Future World and the World Showcase.

I also confirmed CM previews were M-W, so thanks WDWmagic for guiding us right and advising us not to go until Thursday.

esqteam

Feeling Ill....

I can confirm that two people ahead of us threw up from the ride. They were at the first aid location for about two hours. My wife also did not feel well and needed to lay down at the first aid station. I had cobwebs for about an hour or two as well.

I also spoke with a CM at the first aid location and she said she was not feeling well and she took MS three days prior.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: Feeling Ill....

Originally posted by esqteam
I can confirm that two people ahead of us threw up from the ride. They were at the first aid location for about two hours. My wife also did not feel well and needed to lay down at the first aid station. I had cobwebs for about an hour or two as well.

I also spoke with a CM at the first aid location and she said she was not feeling well and she took MS three days prior.

Yup deep space travel is not for everyone. If you are physically (and mentally ;)) ready, follow these guidelines...

Remember to keep your head back against the head rest, look ahead at the viewing window, and do not turn your head to the side.

It would also be a good idea not to eat for an hour or so prior to lift off.

Dayma

I bet you that if a lot of people get sick on this ride(more than normal), they are going to have to "tone it down".

You cant have people :hurl: ..everywhere :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom