Got the Epcot rash

DebDeb

Golfer's Vasculitus! I get it every year on our first night at MK! Especially in the Summer! We went in November this year and I didn't get it till our last day! I think the heat def plays a role in mine. Glad it's just ugly and doesn't hurt!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My wife gets it and we usually do the cooler seasons September and December. Topological prophylaxis treatments like newskin or after the fact with Neosporin or antihistimine doesnt work. Surface cleaning with Isopropyl Alcohol is the only thing that provides relief and clears it up for her.

bethymouse

Cellulitis perhaps? Some sort of "internal " infection? Maybe just a "farmers" sunburn from the Florida sunshine? Gosh.... who knows?:hilarious:

Tonka's Skipper

Actually someone , a alleged Doctor posted the name of the *rash* on another site........its found in many or not all parks and venues at various times.

Take it for what its worth.

AKK

Langdonj

I have experienced this for years, but never associated it with one park. I also started having swelling in my legs, looking like the above mentioned kihlba... kielbas... sausage! My doctor told me to stop taking aspirin every day as it can cause cellular breakdown (the aspirin thing is not as universally accepted as many think, sorry don't mean to cause thread drift) my legs look just like the picture above, but they generally don't hurt. Put your feet up at night. I'll try the white socks with sandles. Look for the geek.

KCheatle

I have never gotten a rash while at Disney??? I've gotten a stomach ulcer, a sinus infection, an ear infection, and multiple migraines, but never a rash...

As I reflect on my medical "issues" while at Disney, all of them relate directly to my kids -- stress of dealing with them and/or extended exposure to their daycare & school diseases...

Ralphlaw

The fact of the matter is that the medicos don't have all the answers. For all we know, some chemical from slug slime is left behind and feasted upon by some aphids that are then eaten by ladybugs which warm themselves in the sun on the walkways at Epcot every morning, leaving dander that has a trace of some very unique microbe that flourishes only in the World Showcase and gets a reaction out 2% of the population who are downwind from unburned propane droplets and firework ash.

Either that or it's beer related.

Langdonj

I have extensive experience with this condition, only at WDW. It starts like the picture, but after days it turns purple and expands over both legs, plus swelling of legs and feet begins. eventually I think my feet would look like purple hippo feet.
I found a preventative: knee high compression socks from the first day. I went with white because I thought the "white person flesh tone" looked to wierd. So I prefer Geek white, plus for my July '15 trip I couldn't find the wpft color. Of course this is with shorts, outer crew socks and sandels. Oh, I was stylin'.

note2001

Let's see could be...
Dropsy
Grip
Scruffula
Vapors
Jungle rot
Andy fever
Poor man's gout
Housemaid's knee
Climactic poobo
Staggers
Dum-dum fever

Didn't realize you were quoting the ailments of Grampa Abraham from the Simpsons. Been a long time since I watched that show. So Grandpa is still alive and kicking?

DisneyManOne

I'm allergic to Frozen...not the movie, just the over-merchandising. Symptoms include annoyance, disgust, a hatred of the suits, an extended love of the classic Disney movies, a belief that this movie is turning Iger into the next Eisner and the urge to walk up to whoever's singing "Let it Go" and slap him in the face.

Cmdr_Crimson

Didn't realize you were quoting the ailments of Grampa Abraham from the Simpsons. Been a long time since I watched that show. So Grandpa is still alive and kicking?

Lol..Originally I was hoping to find the said quote on youtube...And the internet doesn't have one..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom