News Got some news to share regarding the building of a new attraction.

HauntedMansionFLA

Again, I want to reiterate that it was not my classmates who I heard this from. The teacher who was on the trip told us that they are working on a new Disney project and everything else that I originally said. I would’ve gotten more info if I could’ve. In fact I wish I got more info. Lol
The teacher works for Disney?????

lazyboy97o

Just got some info about a new attraction. Not too exciting, but I go to laguardia high school in ny for tech theater and there was a field trip up to Hudson Scenic in Yonkers, which is one of the biggest scenic companies in the US. They’re building something for Disney that they’re shipping there in October on 70 tractor trailers. Supposedly it’s a new attraction, but they wouldn’t tell us what. I wasn’t on the field trip, but the teachers who were told us about it. The people who were on the trip found out what ride it was, so the info’s out there somewhere. My guess would be one of the already announced attractions but who knows.
I know you’re excited about the news you heard, but in the future it is probably best not to name names. Disney often does not allow their vendors to say they are working for Disney.

Last edited:

twebber55

Just got some info about a new attraction. Not too exciting, but I go to laguardia high school in ny for tech theater and there was a field trip up to Hudson Scenic in Yonkers, which is one of the biggest scenic companies in the US. They’re building something for Disney that they’re shipping there in October on 70 tractor trailers. Supposedly it’s a new attraction, but they wouldn’t tell us what. I wasn’t on the field trip, but the teachers who were told us about it. The people who were on the trip found out what ride it was, so the info’s out there somewhere. My guess would be one of the already announced attractions but who knows.
thanks for the info
amazing people will give grief to a high school kid who is just sharing what they heard
wow

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
He/She is 17...your kinda are trolling him/her.

"Soft hands"...everyone is welcome to bring up discussion points.
If "everyone is welcome to bring up discussion points", what is the problem with pointing out minor inconsistencies in what he/she was reporting and asking for clarification? He/she was more than kind enough to answer my questions so it seems they were not offended. The 17 year old OP seems to be more mature (and stable) than some adults on this forum. FWIW, and to also make some of the snowflakes feel better, , I appreciate the info, @EPCOT519 . Thanks for sharing and for answering my questions.

MaxW

You’ve been a member here 10 years, and at a minimum on the Internet for at least as long- and you don’t know what “original poster” means?

:facepalm:
I wrote basically the same thing out, but decided not to post it. I couldn't phrase it without sounding overly negative.

Bairstow

This sounds like a really fascinating outfit.

Other than the Broadway shows, a cursory Google search doesn't show immediate connections between Hudson and the parks, except that Parks and Resorts have appaparently relied on Hudson for some of their big public presentations.

Edit: the Finding Nemo musical at Animal Kingdom is their work, as are the drive-around "Cars" vehicles at California Adventure, among other parade vehicles.

Cars.jpg

FindingNemo.jpg

They do seem more than capable of working in the field.

Last edited:

EPCOT519

Original Poster
Just confirmed that this was In fact galaxys edge. My school brought in another person from Hudson scenic and they could now reveal that the project was the millennium falcon. We got a whole walkthrough if how it was built and everything. Very cool. Hudson made the interior and exterior of the falcon for both parks.

MickeyLuv'r

What else did you learn of interest about this kind of work? I don't mean insider details about this project so much as what else is interesting about this kind of work? Like, are you learning how to do design work? Is the company doing well? How big is the industry?

In short, what does it take to do this kind of work? that's kind of where I'm going.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom