News Got some news to share regarding the building of a new attraction.

EPCOT519

Original Poster
What else did you learn of interest about this kind of work? I don't mean insider details about this project so much as what else is interesting about this kind of work? Like, are you learning how to do design work? Is the company doing well? How big is the industry?

In short, what does it take to do this kind of work? that's kind of where I'm going.....
Yeah so I’m in a tech theater program and we’re learning both the design and technical side of this. Hudson is one of the biggest broadway scene shops so it was really interesting to hear about this. We got to hear about the technical specifics of building the queue and ride waiting rooms, and it was more construction stuff rather than design, (the imagineers obviously handle that part.) it was really cool. I think this kind of work is more hands on and requires more of a technical construction knowledge. Personally I want to be an imagineer and am thinking of going to a design school like CalArts, but my school gets a mix of both of these so it’s definitely interesting to see the construction side of it as well.

MickeyLuv'r

That's really cool. It sounds like a dream career for someone with a creative mind, and the skills to bring that creativity to life.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect, the creative careers are going to be the ones that survive the next big wave of automation, while the boring jobs get replaced.

off topic - but...
Oh, if you ever get a chance to see the (moving ) Pixar exhibit, it is great fun. (Called, "The Science Behind Pixar") It ha all kinds of hands on displays that are fun.

I also suggest the Henry Ford Museum, (Dearborn ,MI)! So many great things to see. It is much more than cars, but oh - lots of amazing cars too!

Then again...I'm also partial to the Smithsonian Museums. Everyone should visit Air and Space. All the Smithsonian Museums are great.

EPCOT519

Original Poster
That's really cool. It sounds like a dream career for someone with a creative mind, and the skills to bring that creativity to life.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect, the creative careers are going to be the ones that survive the next big wave of automation, while the boring jobs get replaced.

off topic - but...
Oh, if you ever get a chance to see the (moving ) Pixar exhibit, it is great fun. (Called, "The Science Behind Pixar") It ha all kinds of hands on displays that are fun.

I also suggest the Henry Ford Museum, (Dearborn ,MI)! So many great things to see. It is much more than cars, but oh - lots of amazing cars too!

Then again...I'm also partial to the Smithsonian Museums. Everyone should visit Air and Space. All the Smithsonian Museums are great.
I’ve been to the Smithsonian museums and the Henry Ford. Very cool places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom