Got my HELLO newsletter from Disney Destinations today, but no March PIN code

Mikester71

So as the title of my thread suggests, I got my November HELLO newsletter from Disney Destinations today and was very disappointed NOT to see any PIN codes available for my upcoming March trip. The only reason I was disappointed was because I read in a thread on here last week that quite a few members on here had received PIN codes that included March and some of the other time frames not covered under the earlier ones. I read that thread and posted a couple of questions in there double checking to see that March was indeed covered. Since I hadn't received a HELLO newsletter since earlier in October, I figured it would probably come in my November one. So I get home from work tonight, check my email, see one from Disney Destinations and get all excited expecting to open it and see a nice 25% off Value Resort discount for dates including my March trip, but alas, NOTHING! :brick:Just the same book by the end of November, good through February one I have been seeing and getting since the summer. MAJOR bummer!! :cry:

Could it be because I am up in Canada and they are only sending them out to US residents right now? Could it be because I have my vacation booked and paid off already (have since early summer)? What gives???:shrug:

I don't think you not getting a PIN has anything to do with you being Canadian. I received a pin code yesterday for next year and I am in Canada. The pin did come in a separate e-mail however, from the Hello e-mail. The code was good from Jan through mid April and May through the 1st week of June. Sorry that you didn't get the discount you were hoping for :(.

Upvote 0

becanya

We've gotten great pincodes in the past, but nothing in the past few months. Actually nothing for at least 6 months! I don't know what is going on with that.

Upvote 0

djdan

I don't understand the whole thing with pin codes. We just got back from out trip, and received an email containing a pin code. But it looks like the same deal that the general public is already being offered (25-40% off hotel rooms). Do pin codes sometimes have deals I can't already get normally?

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Yes, I got that PIN, too. I was so disappointed when I opened up the email. I had gotten all excited, and my husband got all excited. Then we looked at it, and found it wasn't any different then what was already offered.:zipit: Would love to get the pin that covers March. No, I'm not Canadian, no I don't have a trip already paid off. The thing with pin codes is this: they seem to be random little "presents" that may come...or not. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them. So, all you can do is be patient, sprinkle pixie dust, and hope for the best.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I'm sorry :(
I don't think anybody knows for sure how pin codes reach people. I get a lot of them, and I thought it was because I visited frequently, but then I see tpayne129 visits yearly & never gets any. So it really doesn't make any sense. I got the pin code you are referring to a few weeks ago, but have not yet received my Hello newsletter.

There's another post here that's a poll, to try to figure out who is getting codes & how. Check it out as it progresses, maybe it will give some clues. I hope you get your code!

Upvote 0

Frightful

I got pin codes periodically until I actually booked a trip. We go every 4-6 years. I still get stuff in the mail, but it's just about general public discounts.

I really hope they release this latest PIN to the general public soon, it's the first one that will work for my trip. Going by the last couple years it's a very common discount.

Upvote 0

Mammymouse

What the heck is a pin code? Are they hotel discounts? I am DVC, but we have paid to stay in a couple of hotels in recent years when we didn't want to use our points and have never got one.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
Thanks for the encouraging posts everyone! Like I said in my original post, I have been getting PIN codes quite frequently, usually with my monthly HELLO newsletters. The only problem is it is always the same one that doesn't include March. But I am not giving up hope just yet. We are going regardless, whether we get the March PIN or not. Trip is booked, paid for and can't come soon enough for us. I just got excited when I read on here about others get the new PIN's last week from Disney Destinations. Will definitely be keeping my eyes glued to my inbox though! Thanks again guys and have a GREAT weekend everyone!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
What the heck is a pin code? Are they hotel discounts? I am DVC, but we have paid to stay in a couple of hotels in recent years when we didn't want to use our points and have never got one.

A PIN code is usually sent by email or snail mail to either you or a member of your household and is a code that can ONLY be used by the person who receives it for a resort discount, free dining or something like a $200 Disney gift card with each room booked. They come randomly and are only good for certain time frames and there are only a limited number of rooms available in which they can be used, so if you do get one and plan on using it, book as soon as you get it.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
What is this Hello newsletter? And how do you sign up for it?

Right on the WDW website. When I created a profile for myself, it asked me if I would like to receive promotions and newsletters and such from Disney, to which I agreed. I usually get the HELLO newsletter addressed from Disney Destinations once a month and one from Disney Fans Insider about once a month too.

Upvote 0

Mammymouse

Thanks for the explanation. I've been DVC since 1997, an annual passholder since 2004, and have have been on their e-mail list forever. I get the Insider and other monthly stuff but never got anything like a pin. Oh well, I'll have to check my profile again and see what I have on there. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
Thanks for the explanation. I've been DVC since 1997, an annual passholder since 2004, and have have been on their e-mail list forever. I get the Insider and other monthly stuff but never got anything like a pin. Oh well, I'll have to check my profile again and see what I have on there. Thanks again!

No problem! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom