Got married at the chapel!

David

Main Street, sounds as though you really do have memories for a lifetime. Congratulaions on your wedding. Sounds like a true Disney day you had and now it gives me the idea of repeating our vows at WDW.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Main Street USA

afterwards we all took a limo to the rear of EPCOT where we enterd the Americn adventure form the rear. we had a motor coach to transport the rest of the guests to EPCOT. it was closed down. we had it all to ourselves. we started upstairs with some drinks and then my wife and i were sent downstairs for the first dance. everyone else stayed upstairs and watched from above. like something out of a movie, no doubt. we then ate dinner underneath the rotunda.

Which floor were you on? The area that is normally used for wheelchair guests (2nd floor) that has the railing and overlooks the floor? There is a 3rd floor that is American Express lounge for special events too that is only accessable through back areas and the elevator. I was wondering which floor you were on?

It's cool just looking down and listening to either American Vybe or the Voices of Liberty from upstairs. It would be cool to eat under it. Better yet, have them singing while you are upstairs eating.

I worked next door and never heard of them eating downstairs on the floor. There is a big room upstairs that is usually used for dining.

Who was in charge of the food for the reception? Epcot Events/Catering? Where exactly did you eat (ground floor/upstairs/hidden area).

I was wondering because their food is great. One of my former managers works for Catering now and has brought leftover food over to Liberty Inn from events he's worked.

You should have asked them to show a screening of the show with you and your wife in the back row. :D

Main Street USA

Original Poster
ate dowstairs on the first floor underneath the rotunda. everyone watched from the second floor in a circle around the railing. dinner was catered by disney. im sure it was epcot. we had steak and lobster, and disney wine (yes disney has their own wine).

DisnyMom

What a beautiful picture! I really enjoyed seeing it because my daughter will be getting married on 11/07/2002 at the wedding pavilion too! :sohappy:

The Mom

Premium Member
Cool! We got married on the 21st of November! Pretty close on the date!

Ours (anniversary) is the 20th. :) I don't think anyone was getting married at WDW way back then! :( But people were honeymooning there! :)

melittahauser

Hi MainStreet,
I'm new to WDWMAGIC, just saw your picture. BEAUTIFUL!! You both look so happy. What a wonderful place to start your journey. Best wishes for a wonderful happy Disney marriage.

TURKEY

There was an interesting article in the March 7 edition of Eyes & Ears.

The article is on the Walt Disney World Engagement Services.

It mentions engagement events can take place in the MK rose garden, the Grand One Yacht at the Grand Floridian, BATB Live on Stage pre-show, and at the Adventurer's Club @ PI.

A man wanted to propose but didn't want Cinderella's Coach at the Rose Garden, so he rode in on a white horse from the Ranch at Fort Wilderness.

The article says that there are about 330 engagement events a year now.

Tenn Disney Dad

At the risk of sounding a different point of view, plopping down that much of somebody's money for a WDW wedding seems a bit over the top. I would hope my daughter would go for a house and a bit less extravagance at her wedding. I'm anything but a "tightwad" on practically anything...especially Disney-related stuff but a lavish dose of pixie dust for a wedding vs something of more tangible and practical value seems a better use of wedding resources. The couple themselves makes the real "magic," not the externals.

But that's just me...I'm happy that people are different and that everyone that has had a wedding at WDW has such a great time...I know Disney is smiling all the way to the bank $$$.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
did you see how much it costs to have a disney wedding?

as little as 7500 bucks. thats EXTREMELY cheap for a wedding anywhere these days!!!!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
i thought so!:D j/k

i think im gonna change it so that i can keep my face in front, and then put different disney pics in the background. i posted an example of this idea in Maria's thread about the "ryans". its in the chit chat forum.

jcmayid

All of this sounds so magical! My husband & I would have loved to marry at Disney but our wedding costed us $3,500 including reception! (We married next to the ocean in Miami Beach) I know we could not get married at Disney for such little money! Although our wedding was still beautiful and original. :) We did look into the Wedding Vows packages they have and will definitely go for it. I believe the cost is as little as $4,000. We've only been married since Sept 2nd, 2001 but would like to renew our Vows at Disney for our 5th year Anniv. :) Its so far away & already I'm excited!!! :) Mainstreet, your picture is beautiful. Thanks for the info.

:king:

jcmayid

BTW for those of you interested in Vow Renewals, here is some info on it...

Deluxe Intimate Vow Renewal

Intimate Vow Renewals are private ceremonies designed for the tow of you and up to eight guests, along with a fantasy second honeymoon at one of the world's most romantic playgrounds: the Walt Disney World Resort.

You choose your magical Vow Renewal setting. Your ceremony can take place during daylight hours (subject to availability) at the following locations: Sea Breeze Point at Disney's BoardWalk; Wedding Gazebo at Disney's Beach Club Resort; Sunset Pointe at Disney's Polynesian Resort; and Sunrise Terrace at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Magical Amenities Include:
- Luxurious accommodations at a selected Disney Resort
- Officiant to perform Vow Renewal Ceremony
- Fresh flower bouquet for the bride
- A violinist for the ceremony and cake cutting
- Four consecutive hour limousine charter
- On-site Vow Renewal Coordinator
- Disney Vow Renewal Certificate signed by Mickey and Minnie
- Elegant two-tier anniversary cake and one bottle of champagne for the toast
- Special Vow Renewal keepsake
- Ultimate Park Hopper Ticket (one per person)
- One of the following Disney's Romantic Choice feature (per couple):
- Dinner at a selected fine-dining specialty restaurant including a bottle of wine or champagne from the manager's reserve list
- Couples-only romantic spa treatment (selected treatments)
- Professional second honeymoon photography session in the Disney them Park of your choice

Five days, four nights from $3,399 per couple at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Call 407-828-3400 or your Travel Agent to book this package or learn more.

Valid most nights from 1/1/02 - 2/13/02, 8/25/02 - 10/2/02 and 11/3/02 - 12/19/02. The number of packages available at the offered price is limited. All prices and other terms are subject to change without notice. Other Resorts and additional nights are available at varying rates. Vow Renewal at Disney's Wedding Pavilion is available at an additional charge.

There is also Vow Renewals at Sea available.
:kiss:

jcmayid

SO SORRY to post yet another message but I have to correct myself. I was typing too fast & wrote my marriage date as:
Sept 2, 2001 when in fact it is Sept 2, 2000!!! My husband will read that & be flabbergasted that I forgot our wedding date!!! Which I did not, just typing too fast...type-o!!! :hammer:

TravisMT81

Wow awesome wedding MSU!!! I want to get married LMAO :D

And to comment on the price to the dad, have you seen prices of wedding these days? My uncle paid for my cousin's wedding...my stepdad about had a stroke over the price and was sure glad he had sons LOL.

Sheri

Thanks everyone!

I'll start with a response to my height. I'm actually around 6'2" - 6'3" my wife is like 5'2". This is why I look so tall.

wow...not trying to sound mean, but I'm actually taller then someone, wow, hehehe

but, that's a great picture, you guys look really happy :)

PLUTIS

Originally posted by Sheri

wow...not trying to sound mean, but I'm actually taller then someone, wow, hehehe

but, that's a great picture, you guys look really happy :)

Yeah, every year we go to WDW with my in-laws and EVERY year, my mother-in-law makes a joke on every ride we go on:

"Are you sure you're tall enough to ride this ride?"

So believe me, you couldn't sound mean, I've heard it all my entire life. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom