Got married at the chapel!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Just a quick pic of me and my wife getting married down in WDW last November.

Attachments

• chapel.jpg
    chapel.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 420

Main Street USA

Original Poster
We hope to! Money may be too tight, though. We are starting the process of buying a house, soooo... it gonna be tough. BUt we will be annual pasholders, so I'm hoping get a great deal on maybe the all-star resorts. We'll have to wait and see!

Tramp

Nice Picture, MSUSA....good lookin' couple...

Just curious and at the risk of sounding nosey...what's a ballpark figure of the cost of getting married at WDW...?..are there tons of options or is it a set price ?

...and what's the protocol for inviting guests from out of state...do they pay their own way...air, hotel, etc?....or is that cost picked up by the wedding party and/or the family?

...maybe i should ask these questions in another area.

moonchild

That is so cool! Congrats! As I said in previous threads, my boyfriend & I are now seriously thinking of tie-in-da-knot in Disney. I want details who, what..where...when..how? You guys look so happy! :sohappy:

gepetto

Love the picture! We spent our honeymoon at Disney. :)

The Mom...another November wedding here....ours was just 11 years ago though.:)

DisneyPhD

Main Street.

Congradulations. Lots of luck, (saving for the new housse ect...) every time you return to Disney it will remind you of your wedding. How lovely.

Your wedding picture is wonderful.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

I'll start with a response to my height. I'm actually around 6'2" - 6'3" my wife is like 5'2". This is why I look so tall.

Next, cost of a wedding down there. Its actually not as bad as you would probably imagine. I'm willing ot tell you ours cost around 12-13,000 after all was said and done. I do know it can be a lot cheaper, and much more expensive. (TONS of options and details) finding out about weddings is actually real simple. You just give disney weddings a call or go to their website and request info. They assign you a wedding planner and they take care of the rest. Our wedding was FLAWLESS. Of course, what did we expect from Disney? I guess the biggest option when it comes to getting married down there is where to do it. We chose the chapel because, well, thats what its there for and its cost is reasonable. Unlike other places like in front of the castle, where you have to plop down $35,000 just for the spot alone. WOW is right! You can pick ANYWHERE in all of Disney World if you're willing to pay the price. The disney weddings site actually has a pic of someone doing it inside the Great Movie Ride in the Wizard of Oz scene. (wierd) We had our reception at American Adventure. They close down the attraction for you and everyting. Anyway, options go down to the smallest detail like transoportation, cake, dove release, and on and on and on.
Needless to say you will be treated like royalty for the day. Could not have been a better day. We will never forget it. Hope all this helps.

forgot to answer one..... we had about 40 people total from both of our families actually come to the wedding. They all had to pay their own way, including hotels and other things like tickets. MOst of them treated it like their own vacation anyway. Her family consists of hundreds of people, so we handled that by sending invitations only to her immediate and extremely close family. The rest we sent annoucements to. We explained the main reson to all of them, being that the reception for all of them wopuld have cost a fortune. It was something like 80-100 bucks a plate at the rexception. Cost is by person. We had dinner at Bongos in Downtown Disney the night before right after the rehearsal. Out on the balcony. It was beautiful as well.

Maria

wow.... your reception at American Adventure! I saw and attended many specials events in the Rotonda. It looks beautiful for receptions! :sohappy:

moonchild

the wedding sounds so beautiful. we are only going to have immediate family , around 15 people. so i really think this is do-able. oh geez....i have butterflies in my belly already!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
My only advice for you now is DO IT! You will not regret it even if it means spending a few extra bucks. This is a once in a lifetime ceremony and you need to do something magical and full of memories. Why have it in some lousy church when you can do it the most magical place on earth?!

Tramp

...absolutely shocked by the relatively low cost of the wedding...I personally know folks here in Connecticut who spend that and much more for the run of the mill weddings at a church and reception at a country club....

...we saw several weddings last summer at WDW.....seems most originate from the Grand Floridian...Mickey and Minnie were there...as well as the Cinderella Coach....and all the footman etc...huge white stretch limos......are those optional or are they included in the base price....( I know I can get all this by calling but I'd rather hear the real low-down from someone who's done it and not a salesperson...)

..thanks for the very thorough answer.....Best of Luck to you and the Mrs....wish you a long & happy life together...
:sohappy:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
everything you mentioned there is an option. the limo, mickey and minnie, the cinderella coach, etc. The cinderella coach is by far the most expensive, i will guess its around 2-3000 dollars for the coach. thats a guess but i know it was enough to make us pass on it. plus, it doesnt really work out if you are going somewhere besides the GF for your reception. whats the point of geting in a coach if you have to go to a different park or hotel for the reception. heres what we did:

my wife and her bridesmaids had the day to themselves. they got facials, hair done, you know all of the fancy girl stuff:lol: . Us guys did our own thing that day, decided we'd go to the NFL experience, and maybe hang out by the pool etc. you know all that guy stuff:lol: . then when it came time to be at the chapel, we had a white limo pick us up from our hotel (all-star). it took us to the chapel. we took our pics out in front on the beach. and around back with the view of the castle, etc. then the wedding. afterwards we all took a limo to the rear of EPCOT where we enterd the Americn adventure form the rear. we had a motor coach to transport the rest of the guests to EPCOT. it was closed down. we had it all to ourselves. we started upstairs with some drinks and then my wife and i were sent downstairs for the first dance. everyone else stayed upstairs and watched from above. like something out of a movie, no doubt. we then ate dinner underneath the rotunda. afterthat we all hopped on the waiting motr coach to pleasure island all dressed up with tuxes and dresses. got enough stares to last a lifetime. went to the comedy warehouse because its our favorite. then everyone was taken back to their hotels, and my wife and i were taken to the GF for our complimnentary night there.

i can really talk forever when i want to can't i?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom