Got a royal table lunch

kennygman77

Tried for last 3 vacations...all during value seasons to get this and never could. Got a 1:30 for 8/15. Called at like 10 eastern this morning. None of the call at exactly 7 am eastern stuff too. My 9 and 2 year old daughters are delighted. Promised son Chef Mickey's. Food isn't all that important, just a chance for kids to get another experience. We did the Norway princess thing last year and daughters loved it. 7 year old son (6 at the time) didn't much care because "the food is yuckie."

My 9 year old daughter has a special princess hat that she has all the female face characters to sign. Mary Poppins and and princesses and such. Pretty neat idea I thought. My 2 year old loves her hat, so I got her one in pink and she asked me to write MY name on it...too funny. We're taking an extra long vacation this year 8/14-8/22 to capitalize on the free dining. That is like a 100 bucks a day saved.

goofyfamily

We have down the Royal table a few times before, but I believe it has been changed this year. It is all about the atmosphere. My boys love Chef Mickeys even tho they r now 8 and 11 we will be going back in October. They can never get enough of Goofy. We will be trying Liberty Tree and 1900 Park Far also with the dining. Have you done Whispering Canyon that is also fun for boys or girls. NO characters tho just fun. Also I don't know what you have planned for your dining but The Beach Club Cape May Cafe has a good seafood buffet and they give the kids crayons to draw on the tablecloths it turns out to be fun.

Upvote 0

kennygman77

Original Poster
Which would you do?

goofyfamily said:
We have down the Royal table a few times before, but I believe it has been changed this year. It is all about the atmosphere. My boys love Chef Mickeys even tho they r now 8 and 11 we will be going back in October. They can never get enough of Goofy. We will be trying Liberty Tree and 1900 Park Far also with the dining. Have you done Whispering Canyon that is also fun for boys or girls. NO characters tho just fun. Also I don't know what you have planned for your dining but The Beach Club Cape May Cafe has a good seafood buffet and they give the kids crayons to draw on the tablecloths it turns out to be fun.

We're also going to try the new one at MGM

We did Liberty Tree and 1900 Breakfast. LT was AWESOME. The food was great and had a ton of it. The dessert bowl was huge. Saw Mickey and the gang. 1900 PF was great for all because they had MP and MH and Pooh and the gang. Good breakfast buffet. Also did Chip N Dale at Epcot. Great lunch and great atmosphere and Mickey there too. Princess at Norway, but I'm a pretty plain eater, so the food I didn't care much for, but wife loved it and had a great time meeting Cindy, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine and Aurora. Also did Donald's Breakfast in AK and it was a good hearty breakfast with characters. Dining plan really helps to do the meals for free.

Did Hoop De Doo and that was fun, going to Whispering Canyon this year and hear great things about it. Were going to do Cape May last year and cancelled so the kids could go to 50's in MGM.

Which of these would you choose? (in order of preference)
1.Cindy's Castle (B or L?)
2.Chef Mickeys (B or D)
3. Ohana (B)
4. Cape May (B)
5. Crystal Palace (BLD)
6. Hollywood and Vine (New)
7. Cindy's Feast at 1900 PF (D)
8. Whispering Canyon

Remembering the trip is all about the kids 2, 7, 9. Wife and I take an annual cruise for us to be alone.

Upvote 0

RedGear

I recommened going to Crystal Palace. I ate there the first time last year, and the food was great and I loved the atmosphere! We're eating there again because of the free disney dinning! (that was one of the selling points to go back!) I have been to some of the other buffets like the Cape May one, but never to a charcter meal before. Have fun on your trip! I'm arriving the day you leave! :wave:

Upvote 0

kennygman77

Original Poster
RedGear said:
I recommened going to Crystal Palace. I ate there the first time last year, and the food was great and I loved the atmosphere! We're eating there again because of the free disney dinning! (that was one of the selling points to go back!) I have been to some of the other buffets like the Cape May one, but never to a charcter meal before. Have fun on your trip! I'm arriving the day you leave! :wave:

Which meal did you do? BLD

Upvote 0

autigger

My kids will be 3 and 20 months respectively when we go to Disney in September. We have made several reservations that we feel would suit our little ones (Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Breakfastosaurus and the new Playhouse Disney breakfast at Hollywood & Vine).

However, my wife and I also want to make a reservation or two for dinner. How are Whispering Canyon, 'Ohana and Boma for little children?

We read that kids at these place sometimes run around and play games (hula contest, horse races, etc.). This sounds like fun, but we were concerned that our small children may not be big enough to participate or that it might be too much for them.

Any opinions on small children at these places?

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

kennygman77 said:

We did Liberty Tree and 1900 Breakfast. LT was AWESOME. The food was great and had a ton of it. The dessert bowl was huge. Saw Mickey and the gang. 1900 PF was great for all because they had MP and MH and Pooh and the gang. Good breakfast buffet. Also did Chip N Dale at Epcot. Great lunch and great atmosphere and Mickey there too. Princess at Norway, but I'm a pretty plain eater, so the food I didn't care much for, but wife loved it and had a great time meeting Cindy, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine and Aurora. Also did Donald's Breakfast in AK and it was a good hearty breakfast with characters. Dining plan really helps to do the meals for free.

Did Hoop De Doo and that was fun, going to Whispering Canyon this year and hear great things about it. Were going to do Cape May last year and cancelled so the kids could go to 50's in MGM.

2.Chef Mickeys (B or D)
3. Ohana (B)
4. Cape May (B)
5. Crystal Palace (BLD)
8. Whispering Canyon

Remembering the trip is all about the kids 2, 7, 9. Wife and I take an annual cruise for us to be alone.

1. ohana (B) - there is a "parade" with the characters
2. crystal palace
3. cindy's castle
4. whispering canyon - awsome atmosphere
5. chef mickey's

those are the only ones i have been to

tracy

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

In Response to yours 1st Chef Mickeys, 2nd Whyspering Canyon,3rd Cape May,4th Cindys Castle, 5th 1900 Park Fare, Never did Ohana or Hollywood and Vine, But we dont like Crystal Palace at all wont go back.

Upvote 0

mellybear

I would for sure go to Whispering Canyon Cafe.. Its really a great atmosphere for the whole family. They have excellent food and its a really good time. Hope that helps, you wont be disappointed.

Upvote 0

kennygman77

Original Poster
mellybear said:
I would for sure go to Whispering Canyon Cafe.. Its really a great atmosphere for the whole family. They have excellent food and its a really good time. Hope that helps, you wont be disappointed.

Did you do Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

We did dinner before the MNSSHP. First it was the only place we went to were they were awful with the characters. I saw a little girl go up to Pooh and the woman who walks around almost ontop of him told her to go sit down. They make you wait a very long time to come around. Next the food wasn't anything to talk about. The only thing nice about the place is location and the idea that you r in the Magic Kingdom. Also the character outfits were awful my kids kept saying look at the zippers on their backs. I think it is good only for about real young children up to maybe 4. I would choose a different character dinner anytime.

Upvote 0

1stStarIC2nite

kennygman77 said:

2.Chef Mickeys (B or D)
3. Ohana (B)
4. Cape May (B)
5. Crystal Palace (BLD)
8. Whispering Canyon

My personal preference....

1. O'hana (for dinner)
2. Whispering Canyon
3. Cindy's Palace

... and then actually, I haven't been to the others... but I REALLY recommend O'hana's for dinner... my family loves it and we go every time we're in WDW :sohappy: :D

Upvote 0
We have four children ranging from 12 to 3. They all love Chef Mickey's. We have done both breakfast and dinner. If I remember correctly, Goofy was only at breakfast and Donald at Dinner. All loved the food and the atmosphere. The characters did spend time with the children and at times have made it around three times.

The Crystal Palace is another favorite of the children but it is more crowded and nosier and there is very little character interaction. I have always felt rushed here. You will be lucky if the characters get to you once. The food is good, the children enjoy the ice cream for lunch and dinner. We have been there for all three meals. I wanted to pass this year but the children vetoed.

The only one who liked the Castle was the three year old. No one appreciated the breakfast, oldest boy and girl asked not to return. Economically, I don't think that it was worth it. Did get alot of princess activity but this year we will try Norway.

We have tried Ohana's for breakfast. The two little ones loved the parade, I think so did the two older ones but no one really enjoyed the food. The eggs always seem very greasy. Children ate waffles.

I have scheduled Hollywood & Vine, we can't miss JoJo. I think it is a must do for the two younger ones.

Hope this helps, Enjoy!!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

We also got a reservation this morning for cinderella's royal table, was'nt really hard at all. Called at 7:00 am got a reservation for the day and time I wanted..Sept 20 at noon....no problem...maybe its the time of year that we go or that I made the reservation so early but this is also the second time that we got the day and time we wanted for cindy's...I say this because you 'll hear and read how terribly hard it is to get in....Also what do they do if there is cinderellabration going on?? do they still have the princesses and the fairy godmother in the castle as well?? I mean isn't there just one cinderella???lol...how do they do this??

Upvote 0

1stStarIC2nite

dixiegirl said:
We also got a reservation this morning for cinderella's royal table, was'nt really hard at all. Called at 7:00 am got a reservation for the day and time I wanted..Sept 20 at noon....no problem...maybe its the time of year that we go or that I made the reservation so early but this is also the second time that we got the day and time we wanted for cindy's...I say this because you 'll hear and read how terribly hard it is to get in....Also what do they do if there is cinderellabration going on?? do they still have the princesses and the fairy godmother in the castle as well?? I mean isn't there just one cinderella???lol...how do they do this??

Uhh.. not at all... there are multiple people doing the same character not just in the same park but all over the resort.... sorry to burst your bubble

Upvote 0

1stStarIC2nite

goofyfamily said:
Would you pick Ohana over Whyspering Canyon I all ready booked Whispering Canyon but never ate at Ohana

Personally, yes. The food at O'hana's is much better but the WC atmosphere seemed more wild and kid-friendly. It all just depends on what you're looking for. However, they do have a "parade" at night too for kids. But yes, I'd go with O'hana's...

Upvote 0

geubux

Are the characters there for lunch now? The big demand has always been for breakfast; you sure need to call at 7am for the breakfast. Many of us like the early setting so we can eat and see the characters before the park has opened any rides for the day.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

kennygman77

Original Poster
geubux said:
Are the characters there for lunch now? The big demand has always been for breakfast; you sure need to call at 7am for the breakfast. Many of us like the early setting so we can eat and see the characters before the park has opened any rides for the day.
:sohappy:

According to the DP guide and the lady at Dining there are characters for lunch at the castle.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom