Gossip phone?!

Tigger#1

Has anyone ever found an MP3 track of the Gossip Phone conversation? I wouls be suprised if there isn't one floating around out there.

wow! these are really cool i will look for these on my next excersion to WDW i wish i knew about more of these :brick:before! My Mom found a lot of bench marks all over the resort but I cant remember were they all are!
Good post! :wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

And has a full mp3 recording of the party line phone gossip ever surfaced???

I've heard it played on Live 365 before, but I don't know if it's the full recording. Kinda neat...it was before I was ever on a WDW board when I saw the phone and just happened to pick it up one day. I was pleasantly surprised...it's fun little moments like that one that can add that little extra magic to a vacation :)

lilclerk

Has anyone ever found an MP3 track of the Gossip Phone conversation? I wouls be suprised if there isn't one floating around out there.
There's one part of it in the 50 Years Of ImaginEARing on mousebits.com I've got another clip as well, I'm not sure where I got it though.

daraddg

cinderellas castle

On our trip this past aug 2010 we were told by a cast member at the 7 dwarves gift shop that right when you go into Cinderellas castle for the royal table meal if you look down there is a post (spike) this used to be the center of WDW and is where Walt stood when first planning the parks, since the building of Celebration the center has changed but the spike is still there, she said there used to be a plaque that is no longer there.

lilclerk

On our trip this past aug 2010 we were told by a cast member at the 7 dwarves gift shop that right when you go into Cinderellas castle for the royal table meal if you look down there is a post (spike) this used to be the center of WDW and is where Walt stood when first planning the parks, since the building of Celebration the center has changed but the spike is still there, she said there used to be a plaque that is no longer there.
The center of WDW is in Epcot, I believe. Maybe that was the center of the MK?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
book

I've been reading the following book to prep for our December trip. It covers a lot of what has been posted here (including the gossip phones) as well as some great historical tidbits. I've read it cover to cover once, and starting again so I dont forget to look at some of these!

"The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom"
by Susan Veness

Thumbelina

I've been reading the following book to prep for our December trip. It covers a lot of what has been posted here (including the gossip phones) as well as some great historical tidbits. I've read it cover to cover once, and starting again so I dont forget to look at some of these!

"The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom"
by Susan Veness

Thanks for letting us know about that book. I am deff gonna check it out. I love Disney secrets!

and thanks to everyone else who posted stuff! I cant get enough of it!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Thanks for letting us know about that book. I am deff gonna check it out. I love Disney secrets!

and thanks to everyone else who posted stuff! I cant get enough of it!
FYI, on another thread today, someone told me that this book is fairly outdated (even though it was published in 2009). Now, I have not been since I have read the book, so I cannot verify how accurate / inaccurate it is. I just figured in the interest of full disclosure, I'd let you know that this has been brought up to me.

This is what was said:
"I read "Hidden Magic" twice and, unfortunately, most of the information is no longer true or is now inaccurate. I know that the author did a lot of research but I think of a lot of the book is written as the Imagineers may have intended rather than what is actually the case in the current state of the parks. " -- by UnrealFire

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom