GoPro Karma Stabilizer

Heather Cote

Original Poster
Hello!

I leave in one week for our little lady's first Disney trip! We purchased a Karma stabilizer stick, similar to a gimbal stick, to capture the experience! Can anyone who has been very recently advise me to whether this is allowed in the parks? It it NOT a selfie stick and does not have extendable features. I am attaching a photo. Has anyone seen these in use or taken one in this spring? I cannot fathom not having it or having to go all the way back to the hotel with it!

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_7525.PNG
    IMG_7525.PNG
    151.6 KB · Views: 85

darcol

You know it's not a selfie stick, and i know its not a selfie stick, but by their rules it is. I took a Feiyu-Tech G4 gimbal for my GoPro in 2015.
The only time i used it on any form of ride, was on the train from Frontierland to the main entrance, and i didn't hold it out side the confines of the carriage and i was moaned at when we pulled into Fantasyland. Though it's perfectly ok for you to use you own natural selfie stick holding your action cam in your hand

NEmickeyfan

I have taken a stabilizer for my phone a number of times. Security is slow to learn about that technology, but I have had no issues taking it to the parks. At first I had to explain what it was, but anymore I am rarely questioned about it. As long as it doesn't extend like a selfie stick, you should not have no problems..

wwm

We also have the Karma. Were there in March , took it into the parks with us no problems. Only questioned once by splash mountain if it extended when shown that it didn't all was well. Enjoy your trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom