Google Earth problem

Sal

Original Poster
We have just downloaded the newest version of google earth so that we can explore disney in 3d:) My problem is that we do not have any gold mouse ears to click on:confused: Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions how i rectify it so that i can enjoy Disney before our Jan holiday.
Thanks for your help.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve never clicked on ears; just gone to WDW with the above options switched on and it`s fine (apart form some render issues)

You got a fast connection?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Geographic web [and sub-categories] selected activates them for me. :shrug:

Version: Google Earth
4.3.7204.0836 (beta)

jjgoo

I had that problem too. I had to uninstall and reinstall Google Earth. Once I reinstalled with the newest version I found the golden ears.

The biggest problem is even if you have a fast connection the redering really slows down the site so it is not as fast as I would like.

coulty

We have just downloaded the newest version of google earth so that we can explore disney in 3d:) My problem is that we do not have any gold mouse ears to click on:confused: Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions how i rectify it so that i can enjoy Disney before our Jan holiday.
Thanks for your help.

I have had nothing but trouble since I tried getting disney in 3d, I cant even get google earth on properly now it told me to download directX to be able to veiw ,so remember I dont know much about computers,so I downloaded it but I keep getting a panel telling me that directX mode is not supported and to follow directions but Im just going round in circles here and can only get it to run in open GL which is very very slow (now I dont know what I am doing Im just followinginstructions) personally I would just like my old google earth back.HELP.

hpyhnt 1000

I have had nothing but trouble since I tried getting disney in 3d, I cant even get google earth on properly now it told me to download directX to be able to veiw ,so remember I dont know much about computers,so I downloaded it but I keep getting a panel telling me that directX mode is not supported and to follow directions but Im just going round in circles here and can only get it to run in open GL which is very very slow (now I dont know what I am doing Im just followinginstructions) personally I would just like my old google earth back.HELP.

Hmm. That's a tough situation. How old is your computer? I can't think of a reason why you can't get Google Earth to work properly. I would probably try uninstalling, then reinstalling. :shrug:

Have you tried Yahoo Maps?

Try Yahoo Maps. Type in Walt Disney World and click on Satellite and you'll be able to see the landscape pretty well!

Hope this helps!

coulty

Hmm. That's a tough situation. How old is your computer? I can't think of a reason why you can't get Google Earth to work properly. I would probably try uninstalling, then reinstalling. :shrug:

I have only had my computer 2 yrs, it does say when I try it (google earth will now start in open gl mode by default which will work, but very slowly) It used to work fine until it said I would have to update to get the 3D version. If nobody else knows what to do I will try the uninstall/reinstall.thanks.

hpyhnt 1000

I have only had my computer 2 yrs, it does say when I try it (google earth will now start in open gl mode by default which will work, but very slowly) It used to work fine until it said I would have to update to get the 3D version. If nobody else knows what to do I will try the uninstall/reinstall.thanks.

Hm. That is odd. Unfortuanately, I can't offer anything else constructive. Best of luck though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom