Goofy and renewing wedding vows

minniesmom

Hello and Good Morning All:

My husband and I are going to WDW next week, we are traveling with friends. I have heard tales of Goofy "Officiating" at renewing wedding vows at a restaurant in Epcot. I believe it is in The Land. Can ayone tell me how to arrange this? IS it done at The Garden Grill? BTW, we leave Tuesday, so if anyone out there can help us ASAP, we would all truly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!!:veryconfu

RogueHabit

You're referring to the 'Rehitching Ceremony.' Yes, it's at the Garden Grill in Epcot.

We haven't been there, but it's on our agenda for this year so I'd also love to hear from anyone who has done this.

EDIT: This is the best info I have been able to find so far about Rehitching.

WDWIG.COM

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Mickey actually performs the re-hitching ceremony. you get a certificate from them for the ceremony. You have to make the arrangements through disney dining.

pam

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

OK, I'm not big on surprises, but this is something that my wife and I might like to do. It's our 10th anniversary 3 weeks before our trip.

What happens in the rehitching ceremony? I guess I just don't wanna have us looking like fools in front of a bunch of strangers.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
It happens at the Garden Grill as you know and there will be onlookers. It's a cute ceremony and you will have the certificate as a memento. I have not actually done this, but I have set it up for a few clients. You only have one 10 year anniversary, go for it.

I want to hear all about it when you get back.

Pam

Upvote 0

mom2stitch

My Dh and I have done this. It is a fun time for all. The entire rest. watches you. Our waiter preformed the ceremony with Mickey as the best man and my dd as the maid of honor with chip and dale around us. you get a cake afterwards (about big enough for 8-10 people avg. slices). They tell you at the end you have to kiss until i count to 100 , and they did it by 5s or 10s , I don't recall which. It is really fun to do. My daughter loved this! You do get a souvineer cert. with mickey and minnie on it and it states that it is a marriage lic.
We framed ours beside our real one.Do it !! it is a blast!!:lol:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We did this last year, and I talked about it in my trip report, so I'll just copy/paste it in here...

The ceremony cost nothing. I would call them back and tell them to add it to you reservation though, that was that have it on record. When we got there and they pulled up my reservation, I saw it was noted on the computer for the ceremony.

I would also remind them when you get there. I made sure my wife wasn't close to me when I walked up. So she had no idea.

Basicly, then stand you up, and ask you simple marrage vows, you saw I DO (I hope ) again, and then kiss. If you have a camera, they will take a picture for you. We had Chip and Dale next to us as well, and of course the other guests were all watching. Then they give you a certificate, and the character sign it. I'm sure it slightly different for everyone, but that's basically what happens.

Then you get that cake...:slurp:

I'd like to add that they did to the count to 100 by 10s with us, and the cake is free. :slurp:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
and of course the other guests were all watching.
And therein lies my problem....

I have this 'thing' about being watched by strangers.... :lookaroun

Guess I'd better just get over myself, huh?

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Catch 22
And therein lies my problem....

I have this 'thing' about being watched by strangers.... :lookaroun

Guess I'd better just get over myself, huh?

The place didn't have many people there. I don't know if it was just slow, or if it's normally like that. The food is good, but the place couldn't have had more than 15-20 people there.

And since it's round, only a few people were watching. They applauded after our kiss.

You'll get over it, and to get the cake, it's worth 20 seconds of embarrasment. And the cake is worth it. :slurp:

Upvote 0
This sounds so funny! I really really want to do this to my parents. They are taking me to WDW for my graduation and this would be the biggest surprise for them. The only thing is that they don't like to be the center of attention. If I do it, I might not make it home in one piece:lol: :animwink:

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

Oh my gosh... I just have to do this. We leave in 17 days, I better make a PS today. I actually wanted to do a marriage renewal but it was so expensive at the wedding pavilion. I am so excited!!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

shoebears

Goofy renewing vows - huge Disney disappointment

I just want to say that as an avid Disney fan (we have been to Disneyland when we lived in Canada, Euro Disney when we lived in England, and Hong Kong Disney while currently living in Saudi Arabia - we are headed to Disneyworld in June and tried to go to Tokyo Disney when we were in Japan this past April 2011 but it was closed due to the recent earthquake), we are EXTREMELY disappointed that despite Disney's motto "we make dreams come true", our request to have Goofy officiate the renewal of our wedding vows for our 25th wedding anniversary on the Disney Cruise to Alaska next summer 2012 was declined. This is obviously not an "official" ceremony as we are already married. We are looking at other options now to do something unique. There is no point going on the cruise if this can't be done and we didn't want to do just any cruise. As I said, we are extremely disappointed. We still love Disneyland, but this has marred our feelings somewhat.

:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom