Good Sandals?

Mrs Potts

Original Poster
I was reading the rain thread and it got me thinking. Like many on there, we're not afraid of a little water coming out of the sky so we'll just keep on trucking. But one comment I saw several times was to wear shoes that dry quickly. I've always just worn trainers in the park because they are comfy after a full day walking. But they don't dry quickly, now do they? So what other shoes/sandals are recommended? No Crocs, I hate 'em. But sandals - now that is something DD and I can enjoy. And what about for the men folk - what sort of all-day comfy sandals do the guys wear? I've got 2 teenage boys, plus my hubby, if that makes a difference.

acishere

I have had several pairs of Rider flip flops and would walk forever in them without getting any blisters. Every piece of the flip flop that runs the risk of digging into you when you walk far distances is softly padded so nothing happens to you feet.

Plus they are probably going to be more stylish than other options.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
My wife loves her Keens. Not the most attractive, but very comfortable and they have a closed toe, so you don't get stepped on. I need lots of support, so only wear running shoes in the parks. I just bring an extra pair so I can use them the next day, since they usually don't dry over night.
Shoes_iA59631.jpg

DfromATX

I know you don't like crocs I don't either but I love their Vezzy flip flops! Great in the rain!:)

I took your advice from another thread on shoes to wear. I am not a Crocs person as I think the shoes are so ugly, BUT... I bought the Vezzy Croc flip flops like you suggested and I absolutely LOVE them. They are so comfortable and cute! Mine are pink and brown and I got them at DSW for about $30.

DfromATX

Oh, and in addition to the Crocs, you might try the "Go Walk" line from Skechers. I bought 2 pairs of those as well for my upcoming trip. I don't like to have my feet closed up all day in sneakers and that's why I like my flip flops so much, but these are also super light and comfy.

Tink0102

on another member suggestion I bought a pair of the sanuk yoga mat flip flops. I've not been to Disney yet so I cant tell you how they wear there but I have been wearing them all around home and they certainly are very comfy.

AmongMadPeople

So many different options out there, I'd recommend trying to find local places you can try the shoes on. DSW, a sporting goods store, or a local specialty shoe shop (the local store being most useful for me).

Teva flip flops I bought online and have never worn...they are designed for a mythical barbie shaped foot. I have other Teva shoes I like, but not styles suitable for long days in the parks.

Reef Sandy flip flops are the only flip flops I wear. Soft as a cloud.

Keens changed my life. They are like the offspring of a tennis shoe and sandal. Worth every penny to me.

jrogue

Does anyone else have trouble with their feet getting swollen during the trip? If you do, OP, then it might be a good idea to get sandals that aren't very constricting. I can't wear sneakers to the park because after my first day of walking all day they get a bit tight. That's why I stick with my good ol' Old Navys :)

KJ1081

I love, love, LOVE Adidas Adissage Fitfoam slides! They dry almost instantly, and the foot bed is covered in memory foam. I've been wearing them to Disney for years and I've never had a blister or sore feet. I won't wear anything else to the parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom