Good Sandals?

JediTink

+1 on the Crocs Vezzy flip flops. I'm not a regular crocs fan either but the flip flops are great. I also have the Mickey Mouse crocs loafers and they are the best thing I've ever put on my feet. I can run around the parks all day without a problem.

Alexis

As for sandals, you could wear a pair called "Rider", they are quite comfortable and also a nice looking sandal. You could wear sneakers as well, can't go wrong with them, like you said if it rains, your feet are protected and you don't have to worry about getting your feet wet. Good luck :)

Magikal

I have to go with the croc flips. Disney is the one time out of the year the entire family LIVES in croc flips! They're so comfy and you don't have to worry about them getting wet so they work great for the pool, rain, or wet rides, and they dry in no time. Not to mention, they last a lifetime! I have a pair of Börn sandals that are very comfortable for walking but still prefer my crocs My kids have Teva's as well & my husband has Merrills that are very similar to keens that they like but they end up going for their flips.

GabeP

I swear allegiance to Ecco brand sandals..very well made, sturdy, yet lightweight and really comfortable..they are def on the higher end of the scale price-wise but they are made to last!

Mrs Potts

Original Poster
Wow - thanks for the responses. Things got busy at work and I forgot to come back here and check.

I went to DSW and tried on about a bazillion pairs of shoes. Good thing, too, because the ones i liked online fit horribly. I also went to a local store and had them fit my feet. Some friends were REALLY trying to talk me into Birkenstocks buuuuuuuut nope, not for me. I tried on a bunch there but the ones that fit the best were called Taos. Never heard of them before but they sure were comfortable. They didn't have my size in the color I wanted so I left without them. I found a similar pair in the color I wanted online for less than half the price, so I'm glad it didn't work out. I might still look into something more sporty. You can never have too many shoes, right? :D

Sweet Melissa

on another member suggestion I bought a pair of the sanuk yoga mat flip flops. I've not been to Disney yet so I cant tell you how they wear there but I have been wearing them all around home and they certainly are very comfy.
I'm a fan of Sanuk's yoga mat flip-flops as well. The foot beds can be a little slippery in the rain, but it's manageable. When I'm wearing sandals that aren't Sanuks, they're probably Reefs.

Mikester71

I always bring a couple of pairs of shoes and my Nike sandals. I liked my first pair of Nike sandals so much that I bought the same ones (different color) again before our last trip. Wore them right out of the box when we got down there too!

Super comfortable and wear them biking, walking and all that back home with NO problems whatsoever.

6laurac

womens-keen-whisper-nile-neutral-grey-p_id130589

Another vote for Keen sandals-The whisper style is my favorite.

thomas998

I was reading the rain thread and it got me thinking. Like many on there, we're not afraid of a little water coming out of the sky so we'll just keep on trucking. But one comment I saw several times was to wear shoes that dry quickly. I've always just worn trainers in the park because they are comfy after a full day walking. But they don't dry quickly, now do they? So what other shoes/sandals are recommended? No Crocs, I hate 'em. But sandals - now that is something DD and I can enjoy. And what about for the men folk - what sort of all-day comfy sandals do the guys wear? I've got 2 teenage boys, plus my hubby, if that makes a difference.

If you want dry feet and all day comfort you get yourself a good pair of hiking boots. Even my wife admitted that they are more comfortable when you are walking all day than her best pair of walking shoes. No they aren't going to become a fashionistas top pick, but then those fashionistas will be having foot surgery by the time they are 40 to try and repair all the damage done by fashionable shoes.

KatMaria

I'm a fan of Sanuk's yoga mat flip-flops as well. The foot beds can be a little slippery in the rain, but it's manageable. When I'm wearing sandals that aren't Sanuks, they're probably Reefs.
I live in my Sanuk's. They are so comfy to walk around in! Especially on a long day in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom