Good Places to Eat?

GoofyMike29

What are some of the nicer places to eat.
We already looked into and planned on eating at Wolfgang Puck, and, California Grill
Also, if you have any suggestions, please list the type of food...we are very picky:D

Diannabanana

My Husband starts planning where he wants to eat before we even make our trip reservations. Our favorite place is California Grill. We have eaten there 3 times, each time being better than the first. Wolfgang Pucks is always on our list and go for lunch every time were in Disney. We tried Flying Fish; at the Boardwalk, and it was fantastic, sort of like California Grill. You say your picky, but in what way? You have to be willing to try something on the menu even if you don't have any idea what it is. Ask the waiter for his, or her recommondation on an entree. They will know best, what is good or not. And always in my expererience, are never wrong. These resturants are on the expensive side, but your on vacation.
We tried Bomas on this last trip, the ribs were great, but i don't think i'll go back.We tried Artist Point 3 times, the first being outstanding.Thats why we went again, this time it was bad. Gave it another shot, won't return.

Upvote 0

katilsu

Ok- I have a similiar question- except- I am a college student going in December with 6 friends. Even though I was a CM, I still haven't done any of the Disney restaurant experiences (mainly because I was too poor!) Anyhow, I'm still poor, but I want to actually make the reservations and go sit and have a nice (somewhat affordable) meal. Preferably with characters, but that's not a necessity. Since y'all have already shelled out the money and made your picks, got any suggestions for me? I was thinking Liberty Tree, but my MK day may be a bit too packed to fit that their too. What about EPCOT or the studios?

Upvote 0

BigNorm

As far as dining @ WDW it's really hard to beat the Hollywood Brown Derby, it is on the pricey side, but the food is really good. It's the only place in America to get a real Cobb Salad, plus there is this cocktail called the Hollywood which is really good. The Coral Reef is good too, but once again, a little pricey, and that's just the lunch menu, but the food is excellent. Lastly, San Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot has excellent food and good beer to boot, that's very important you know. If you're looking for a good adult beverage, try the Hollywood at the Derby or a Guniess at the Rose and Crown Pub. But you can't go wrong with a nice cold Budweiser from one of the beer carts that litter the pathways in World Showcase.:sohappy: Cheers!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
As a personal crusade I would agree with the previous post about Mama Melroses. It is quite simply the worst dining experience ive had at WDW. I love Italian food but this place is simply pants!!! Id rather eat a hot dog from a street cart.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Katilsu, here's my thoughts on budget-friendly dining.

Lunch is always less than dinner. Aim for a mid-afternoon PS--2:30-3:00. But check ahead--some places may close from 2-5. That way you can arrange your eating to be ravenous for your PS.

Buffets are $$ but you will leave hurtin'. For characters, Chef Mickey's is the gold standard. If you could only do one character meal, this is it.

Be aware that Liberty Tree only has characters at dinner. The food is the same, but you eat alone at lunch. (personally, the food at Liberty Tree doesn't do much for me. It is "Presented by Stouffer's" and is the same turkey and dressing available in your grocer's freezer. There is nothing wrong with it, but it is not really special)

'Ohana is a wonderful choice, but no characters. But be careful, at $8 each, those fancy drinks add to the bill quickly.

Another option is breakfast. I realize that college students tend not to be morning people, but there are 2 ways to approach it.

1) Early PS -- 8:00 at MK. You should be finished eating, or close to it, befoer rope drop. It is a rush to have Main Street to yourself.
2) Later PS -- 10:00 or so (you could do Hollywood & Vine at the Studios for this one--they don't open before park opening like Crystal Palace does). With any luck, you can last until dinner time.

Breakfast tends to run a little less than dinner (but I don't know why, since I personally can eat $15 worth of bacon!).

Generally speaking, even at the sit downs, portions are huge. People with a normal appetite could easily get by with an appetizer and 1/2 of an entree.

Check menus on line--they are really useful in helping you decide.

Many people suggest going to 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi for milkshakes or dessert. I think this is good advice. Their food is not worth the $$, IMHO.

The belly dancer at Marrakesh is a good time....

Upvote 0

Micca

It isn't "fine dining" but we have enjoyed O'Hana at the Poly. Also, a place that gets good reviews is Akershus in Norway at Epcot. I'll never get to eat there because it's mostly fish(my family won't go for that), but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by katilsu
Ok- I have a similiar question- except- I am a college student going in December with 6 friends. Even though I was a CM, I still haven't done any of the Disney restaurant experiences (mainly because I was too poor!) Anyhow, I'm still poor, but I want to actually make the reservations and go sit and have a nice (somewhat affordable) meal. Preferably with characters, but that's not a necessity. Since y'all have already shelled out the money and made your picks, got any suggestions for me? I was thinking Liberty Tree, but my MK day may be a bit too packed to fit that their too. What about EPCOT or the studios?

If you want to try good food do it at Epcot and try something original. ;) I had a great time at the restaurant in Japan where they cook your food right on your table. Can be a lot of fun with a group of six!

Another one you could do is San Angel Inn, but if you want cheap, the Biergarten in Germany has a buffet -not very wide though- and it´s not too pricey. Their apple strudel is delicious!

Ohana´s is my favorite one and you will leave full and happy! Leave it for a dinner! :slurp:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Katilsu, I agree with your Liberty Tree Tavern idea. It really is pretty inexpensive in terms of a sit down table service kind of meal for WDW. I do try to eat there, but I love the "thanksgivingy" type of food they serve there. you didnt mention what day you are going to MK? believe it or not that might make a difference based on what is happening that night. Cinderella's Castle is pretty but not cheap same with Tony's Town Square restaurant. The last time I went to the Castle we spent about $45 dollars a person with tax tip and everything included!! Not cheap by any means. By comparison we spent only about $25 PP at Liberty Tree!! Quite a difference!! Good Luck whichever you decide!! Belle

Upvote 0

Diannabanana

I think that Hollywood & Vine, at MGM, might be a fun place for you to try. I thought i was very entertaining, with Minnie and Goofy dancy around the place. I suggest going for lunch, its less expensive. Its also a buffet, so you can fill up, and the food is good. Though being a college kid, you would probably eat anything..hahah. Also right next to it is Prime time Cafe. That place is really cool. The theme is like a 50's tv show, and everyone is your cousin,brother,sister..............I think you would like it alot, though its just alittle pricey.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom