Good Night Kiss and Barge Burn Off

IDreamOfDisney

Original Poster
We are going to the World the second week of February and was wondering if they still perform the good night kiss and the barge brun off at Epcot. Please let me know. Many thanks.

italyct23

The good night kiss I have seen many times and usually occurs 30 minutes after the Magic Kingdom closes. Plant yourself in front of the castle and enjoy. I won't spoil it for you but it is worth the wait. Especially since you get to walk down a pretty empty main street afterwards.

I am hoping to see the barge burn off for the first time on my trip next week. It's the fire barge used in Illuminations. They burn off the propane long after the show. It's supposed to be very loud and very cool. I have heard you have to wait 1 - 1.5 hours after closing though. Hopefully I won't get swept from the park before it goes off.

-Mike

Phonedave

It's an internet forum, where people discuss all things Disney World. But that's not important right now!

:p

I'm at a loss too. What are you refering too?

LOL

The barge burn off is in EPCOT.

If the inferno barge does not use all its fuel during the performace, before they drag it back into its berth for the night, they do a burn off to get rid of whatever fuel is left.

They used to do this around 10:30 at night, so if it was EMH (or you just were slow getting out :) ) you could see it. I have heard, but don't know for sure, that they don't do this anymore. That now the final burn during the show is a full burn-out using whatever fuel is left in the barge.

I guess that makes the show less consistent, from a tmining standpoint, but saves some time during tear down.

The good night kiss is at WDW at closing. They play the dedication speech and the castle gets all sorts of color washes.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty random as to when (and if) they do it.

Somtimes I have seen it, other times not.

Eh, I just looked

Sunday at 2:00, 2:30 & 3:00am
Monday-Friday at 8:40, 9:00 & 9:30pm
Saturday at 9:00, 9:30 & 10:00pm

from http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

-dave

-dave

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Kiss goodnight is lovely, but if its EMH try and find a CM who knows the exact time (not that easy) since they may do a few. Also be aware the audio is only played in the hub; the rest of MSUSA and Town Square still plays the area loop.

The blowoff I`m not sure about; in 2007 it was still done, but last year they incorporated it in the final burst of fire at the end of Chaos (ie during the show)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom