Good News

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by njchris65
Tigger you sound so frustrated and angry. Does everyone you work with know how you feel? I ask because that may work against you when looking somewhere else. Will that new mgr know about this? Just don't burn any bridges you may need to cross down the road.

i'll answer that very simply.. i'm a damned good actor. I have friends in GR management who want me in. They know I don't like entertainment anymore, but they don't know to what degree it is. They don't need to know that. Thankfully, none of my entertainment managers know who I am anymore (then again, if it weren't for the layoffs, go knows how many positive internal references I could've gotten) so they can't really say anything bad or good about me.

It's just the wait that I don't like.. especially since I did nothing to deserve it.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Actually... that really depends on what union.

i'm a teamster too in entertainment, and they have done nothing but laugh at me in the face. That's when I dropped my membership. And they're still fighting for me as "hard" as they did before (i hope you could read the sarcasm).. after all, look how far I've progressed in my fight w/ Disney.

DonickCo

Do they need IT (Information technology) people at Disney? Are there any on this forum that work for Disney? And starting pay if anyone knows?

Thanks
DonickCo

I also have the Disney college program at my college. in NY

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DonickCo
Do they need IT (Information technology) people at Disney? Are there any on this forum that work for Disney? And starting pay if anyone knows?

Thanks
DonickCo

I also have the Disney college program at my college. in NY

you may wanna start that as a thread in the employment forum..

brer big bear

Account Suspended
i see what you mean

lets say you want to work for disney in the culinary arts a.k.a cooking what would the paybe? how about housekeeping? i live in omaha,ne the jobs here suck. so if i understand what somebody has posted that other place like universal will pay more hmmmm...... very interesting. at wdw can you move up the system fast? if you work overnights at wdw doing cleaning at the parks you should get the higher pay right or is it were every job has the same pay. now somebody said go to the casting building to apply for a job but i live in omaha,ne can anybody guide me were to find an application?:dazzle:

Invero

Re: i see what you mean

Originally posted by brer big bear
now somebody said go to the casting building to apply for a job but i live in omaha,ne can anybody guide me were to find an application?:dazzle:

407-828-1000

Lady Tinkerbell

College Program

Speaking of jobs and such...

I'm in college at UNC and I was really considering the Disney College Program. Is it worth it? Anybody got any ideas or recommendations? Thanks! Have a great day!

Invero

Re: College Program

Originally posted by Lady Tinkerbell
Speaking of jobs and such...

I'm in college at UNC and I was really considering the Disney College Program. Is it worth it? Anybody got any ideas or recommendations? Thanks! Have a great day!

All my friends who have done it have loved it... although I must warn you... there's some sort of Magnet in orlando... and try as they might... some people just can't leave.

Lady Tinkerbell

Thanks for the advice. As much as I'd LOVE to work for Disney (it's actually been a dream of mine since I was about 10) I am not into living in a huge city again. I grew up in Tampa, Florida and then moved to a small town in the mountains of NC. I'm afraid that if I were on my own in great big Orlando, I'd get eaten alive! I'll still look into it though! I've got to decide soon... the deadline is approaching with a quickness! Thanks again. :kiss:

mkt

Premium Member
Re: If you're in entertainment...

Originally posted by MonkeyHead
Working in Universal entertainment, I can tell you that probably about half of our actors/performers also work at Disney.

i know... i'm one of them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom