Good locations to watch IllumiNations without staking out the area for an hour?

Captain Hank

One of my favorites is the Japan courtyard. It's back from the fence pretty far, so nobody thinks to watch there. However, it's slightly elevated and has a pretty decent view. Another is near the popcorn cart in Canada.

Disneyfanman

We always grab a table at the open seating area just to the side of the Rose and Crown. One of us grabs a table at around 7:45, (usually one of the back ones) and then we work our way toward the front as people leave. The rest of our group shops, and we communicate via cell phones (Used to be walkie-talkies!). We always have one of the best seats at Epcot. By about 8:45 we are settled with snacks and drinks and awaiting one of the best outdoor shows around. We never visit on peak days though. I bet that area goes a lot earlier during the busiest days. A bonus is that they sell Bass Ale in large glasses right outside. It's awesome after a long day.

ciscobee

Wait until the last 15 minutes before the show starts, and head right down in front to the middle. There is piece of ground that is slanted right between the two Gateway shops.

When you walk over there everyone will be sitting, so find a spot right behind a family with small kids. As soon as the show starts EVERYONE stands up. All you need to do is stand and you have an unobstructed view of the fireworks.

disneypyro

We almost always watch the show from World Showcase Plaza. We rarely get there more than 20-30 minutes before the show and we get great spots (up front and directly across from the American Adventure). It seems as though the entire show was designed to be viewed from that location.

Figment82

There's a few VIP areas - the Italy island and the area below the bridge between France and the UK are available to be reserved, and there is an area along the wall by the Rose and Crown. I was able to watch it from the UK wall and it was a great view, away from the crowds, although the smoke was blowing in our direction that night so it wasn't as pleasant as it could have been. Especially with an ashmatic grandmother!

shanny

how big are these areas that can be reserved? any idea about costs? probably too much, but it doesnt hurt to ask. i think it would be romantic to have a "private" fireworks show! be able to sit down and snuggle up and watch the show. :)

Champion

I've always found that the best place is to find someone that looks like they've been waiting a while, then right before it starts come up and stand right in front of them.

:king:

Figment82

Oh goodness - my mother almost got into a fistfight with a woman who tried to push her way in front of us while IllumiNations was going on. The woman couldn't understand why we were so upset. Uh, maybe because we had been waiting in the same spot for 30 minutes? :brick:

bayoutinkbelle

We usually do this once per trip: We bypass any kind of dinner. Then, we grab some turkey legs and drinks, and park it on a bench close to the water in Japan. We sit, eat, chat with each other and other people who are staking spots for the show. It's a great time. And, I always find time to run to France for my chocolate mousse. :slurp: :D

Rayray

Go to Canada. If you go up the steps to the gift shop, you have a good place to stand and watch. Sometimes the general public doesn't even notice this spot, so you might just have it all to yourself.

On a side note, its a pretty cool spot not just for the show. If you get to the pavilion early enough, you can watch one to the tech guys tinker with a laser located inside the top floor of the Canada building in a window. If you see the tech guy in the window, then you will notice how tiny the window is so that it can create force perspective to make the building appear taller. (Or maybe it will look like a giant in a regular sized building to you).

wesTcoastY

a week ago , we did one of those little boat rides around the waterways there, and the boats stop right under the bridge to France...AWESOME VIEW of the fireworks. It was wonderful!

drdoom1001

Wait until the last 15 minutes before the show starts, and head right down in front to the middle. There is piece of ground that is slanted right between the two Gateway shops.

When you walk over there everyone will be sitting, so find a spot right behind a family with small kids. As soon as the show starts EVERYONE stands up. All you need to do is stand and you have an unobstructed view of the fireworks.

I've seen Illuminations from many places around WS, but without a doubt the space between both gateway shops is the best,everything just feels closer and more intense!!In this section however they do make you sit down most of the time and if everyone stays seated the view is great!!However I don't really understand why anyone would stake out a spot an hour ahead,as long as you get to the area you want to see it from 5-10 minutes before you should be able to get a good view most of the time!!

juan

I like the area between Mexico and Norway (by the margarita stand)
its an open view and not many people sit there

CAPTAIN HOOK

It all depends on how busy the place is - if you're at EPCOT during Peak Season then to get a good up front spot you're going to have to sacrifice Park Time

TwoTigersMom

Just out of curiosity where is the VIP viewing area about?

When you purchase certain MYW packages (I think premium & platinum) you get VIP viewing. If this is what the OP is referring to, it's at the boat landing in Marocco. We've watched it twice from there and it's a great view. We also did the IllumiNations cruise and watched from under the bridge. It was a very cool perspective to see the show from.

ROEFan88

I'm with juan - there's a big open area with no obstructions between Norway and Mexico, and when I was last there it was pretty quiet (it was September though). Plus the margherita stand is right nearby :slurp: - big plus!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom