Good hotels around DL?

Figment1986

Original Poster
Anyone have any recomendation for good resorts around disneyland....

*Im going July 15 through July 19.... The pasific pier hotel is sold out and disneyland Hotel has 16 and 17 blocked out already... I may be doing Grand Californian.... But it depends on how much money i will have then...

xfkirsten

I've also stayed at the Howard Johnson and Holiday Inn (I think it was the At the Park one... it's the one on the corner of Harbor and Ball). Both of those were very good. You can walk to the park from the HoJos, and the Holiday Inn had a shuttle and everything.

EDIT: This is my 1,000 post!!!! Wheeeeeee!!!!!

-Kirsten

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
If I were you, I'd go for the Grand Californian. I stayed off-site for the first time during my last trip, at the Radisson Hotel Maingate Anahiem, and it was horrible.

However, I have heard that the Hilton Anahiem, Fairfield Inn, Candy Cane Inn, and the Howard Johnson were all great hotels, so you might want to consider them as well. All are within walking distance of the Resort.

mandib

I suggest Candy Cane Inn all the way. We stayed there in July and loved it. It's very close to Disneyland and has a continental breakfast every morning. I suggest a premium room breakfast in a basket is great. Check www.tripadvisor.com for lots of feeback from many different hotels. Also check out their website www.CandyCaneInn.net Have fun!

AStarOnMars

xfkirsten said:
Holiday Inn (I think it was the At the Park one... it's the one on the corner of Harbor and Ball).

Yes, it's called Holiday Inn at the Park ... this is the only place we (my family) stay when we do not stay on property. I was pretty impressed with their pool compared to other Holiday Inns.

I believe there are 1-2 more Holiday Inns in the area.

netenyahoo

I also would suggest the Candy Cane Inn. the rooms are nice and the complimentary breakfast is great. It is in walking distance too, right on the corner by the Timon Lot by DCA.

Do not stay at the Park Inn. It is a good location, but the rooms were bad and service worse.

MrCoffee

Triple the suggestion for the Candy Cane.. Nice rooms, comfy beds, and the breakfast & location can't be beat for the price..

We stayed at the Howard Johnson's a couple of times, but wasn't impressed. The Candy Cane is much better.

jodilt

If you can afford the Grand Californian I would recommend it. It is so much more magical to stay on property. Check out travel websites like cheaptickets and expedia. I booked a theme park view at the GC for about $80 less per night on cheaptickets than disney quoted.

Figment1986

Original Poster
I looked around, My mother looked around... and found a website that had rooms open at The Disneyland Hotel...

I get to stay there from July 14 - July 19th.....

Im lucky at the moment...

LadyDarling

The Disneyland hotel is fun too! It's definately my 2nd on-property choice (ask for a Seirra Tower room!). The Grand Californian is my first.

We were able to go to Expedia.com and get a great last minute rate this summer ($80 a night!!!!) at the Sheraton right across the street from Disneyland. It's a longer walk than it seems though, and the shuttel was often late and full. The hotel was beautiful though and our room was GREAT (pool side, with a door that lead out to the pool!). The Kio pond is pretty as well.

The Hilton and Towers is great too for your buck too! Rooms run about $150 a night generally, and the lobby is gorgeous (don't expect a good deal on food though!) You'll have to spend more to get the shuttle. Great for if you have your own car, but the shuttle service wasn't TOO bad.

I will put in a vote AGAINST the "Coachman" Inn! It's near Disneyland, and has cheap rooms, but in this case, you get what you pay for. When we checked in, the towels in our room had old red stains on them (yuck), the sofa was put right in front of the air conditioning/heating unit (duh), the "continental breakfast" was watched by security gaurds to make sure you only took ONE danish and PAID for your drinks, a maid came into our room even though we said No thank you (compromising moment...), and when we came back to park after a long day at the parks (there was no shuttle service at the time), the parking lot was full! We talked to management about it and they said we could park in this dark back alley about 1/2 a block away and we "probably" wouldn't get towed!!!! Never again... we joking refer to that place as "the Roachman" Inn.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom