Good God, can't they do this AFTER park hours?!!

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Untitled-1.jpg

FerretAfros

I'm all for refurbishment work, but I still think it's very strange that they decided to do this with cranes and boom lifts, rather than scaffolding. Instead of being hidden behind a scrim (either printed to look like the castle or decorated in some other way, like the cards from Alice before DL's 50th), they're just putting all the work out there for everybody to see. It's just a very odd approach to me

And didn't they just have scaffolding up around the lower 1/3-1/2 of the castle about 4 years ago? Why does it already need repainting? It seems like nothing else gets repainted that often (DL's last castle paint job was in late 2004)

Goofyernmost

We were there last week and saw them painting and the funny part is that all of it is taken down in the evening.
Not really... those are just expandable cherry pickers. they drop down to ground level and they might drive them out of the park, but I doubt it. They are probably just behind the construction wall. The BiG crane definitely does not get pulled down at night. It's about an 8 hour job to put the rigging up. It's the price that must be paid if we want the place to look good. If you happen to go during the time they are doing it, well, in life... timing is everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom